Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
kelvinangsw

Closing System For Kitchen Cabinet

I do know from the Blum showroom that opening and closing the drawers are effortless, very quiet, and does not have a additional noise when approaching the closed position. I tried those at Ikea and they seem to exhibit the "noise" when approaching closed position.

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

I do know from the Blum showroom that opening and closing the drawers are effortless, very quiet, and does not have a additional noise when approaching the closed position. I tried those at Ikea and they seem to exhibit the "noise" when approaching closed position.

tats the problem...

i mean, i been to my ID's client renovated showflat, they have the so called blum system.

kitchen cupboard got approx 8 drawers...

each drawer, be it pull out or those casement, are NOT quiet enough.

when approaching almost closed position, different level of ''bom'' noise can be heard. This is when the client have not fully moved into the flat itself.

As for the other flat, which belongs to my ex colleague, she also encountered the same problem....

my point here is, what is the use of installing blum when such noise is heard? I am not saying blum is giving the problem but i suspect, it more likely to be of workmanship issue? I am shortlisting my ID / contractors now and if the ID / contractor 's workmanship is not good enough, I am not considering them for my reno...

my point here is, what is the use of installing blum when such noise is heard? I am not saying blum is giving the problem but i suspect, it more likely to be of workmanship issue? I am shortlisting my ID / contractors now and if the ID / contractor 's workmanship is not good enough, I am not considering them for my reno...

I'm sure the quality of the installation determines how effective the dampeners are.

My kitchen cabinets vary too. Some are silent, some make a very soft sound.

Just a thought. It might be unrealistic to compare to the BLUM showroom, as we know, in that kind of scenario, they would have spent every effort + time to get things perfect and adjusted. In practice, there are too many factors at play. For example, even if we assume the installers do an equally good job, perhaps the quality of the cabinets/carpentry may differ?

Ideally, if this is important to you, get it clarified with the IDs you speak with. Can they promise a flawless installation? Chances are that it is possible, but the added cost of making such a promise may be reflected in the quote.

I'm sure the quality of the installation determines how effective the dampeners are.

My kitchen cabinets vary too. Some are silent, some make a very soft sound.

Just a thought. It might be unrealistic to compare to the BLUM showroom, as we know, in that kind of scenario, they would have spent every effort + time to get things perfect and adjusted. In practice, there are too many factors at play. For example, even if we assume the installers do an equally good job, perhaps the quality of the cabinets/carpentry may differ?

Ideally, if this is important to you, get it clarified with the IDs you speak with. Can they promise a flawless installation? Chances are that it is possible, but the added cost of making such a promise may be reflected in the quote.

yes

understand your point. In the quotation, they did put soft closing and even demo what is soft closing.

i been to ikea just now and also saw some cupboards having soft closing / blum system.

I tested it out and find that the blum system in that ikea cupboard is even better than the one at my ID's client place...

ahaha