Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
fullerms

Mitsubishi Heavy Industries Or Mitsubishi Electrical?

Hello all,

I'm trying to decide between one of these two brands, need a little help from the forumers. The Mitsubishi heavy industry is slightly cheaper than the other.

Any feedback on these two brands?

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

I have mit-heavy industries and my brother-in-law had Mit-electric.

We have a slight issue as we up sized one of the fan coils from 9,600 to 12,00 due to the master bedroom room size. Now the kids bedroom can get very cold but the master bedroom will just get cool. The units have all been cleaned and checked out with no issue found. I am guessing the compressor capacity was not taken in to account by the sales staff when we ordered 8|

My brother-in-laws system is stock (i.e. no changes were made to capacity offered when he ordered) and runs fine.

Neither system has encountered any breakdowns. I believe both are 4 ticks.

One difference to the make up of the fan coils between the two makes is that the heavy industries fain coil uses a heat exchanger where the individual fins are closer together than the Mit-Electric fan coils. The effect of this is that it should be more efficient in cooling but... it is easier to get clogged up by dust and 'jelly'.

Both units are pretty quiet.

TBH you should be fine with either if it is install correctly. Choose the one you like the look of best :D .

RB

Went to GC expo today, spouse liked the Toshiba also. Which is good among Mit Heavy, Mit Electric and Toshiba? Noise levels, cooling, longevity, easy maintenance and availability of spares are my primary concerns.

Will appreciate if folks can respond asap, as the gc expo ends tomorrow.

Edited by fullerms

I got Mit Heavy Ind from Gain city...installed on Sep 18th...tested fine. Just last week, after some reno completion, decided to try out the air-con. To my dismay, it broke down after running for awhile!!!!

The power led flashes 7 times with timer led lit....saw from the service manual, indicates either a closed service valve or heat exchanger sensor error. SUX big time!!! Will Wo Kee Hong a call on Monday......never even get to enjoy the aircon & broke down.

Went to GC expo today, spouse liked the Toshiba also. Which is good among Mit Heavy, Mit Electric and Toshiba? Noise levels, cooling, longevity, easy maintenance and availability of spares are my primary concerns.

Will appreciate if folks can respond asap, as the gc expo ends tomorrow.

toshiba has a mij compressor, which is a plus point (at least to me). however, it is not cheap. besides, the impression i get is that the parts r expensive and not readily available. btwn mitsu heavy and mitsu electric i chose the latter purely based on looks. the price differential is not alot, at least for my case. i got a 24k for my living rm, 12k for mbr and 9 k for 2nd bedroom from hong tar. the last i heard, mitsu heavy will be coming out will a new design, hw it looks like is anyone's guess. bottomline is, buy aircon is poh heng suay one. thus i bot was i felt was the nicest looking japanese brand aircon. (no disrespect meant to samsung and lg aircon users). ;)

I have used Heavy for 5 months. So far so good. I really like the 3D effect. You can aim the louvre to fix at your desired location or let it go around in 3D

Ok folks went and booked the mitsubishi electric at 4510 including 5 year extended warranty and 2 year 5 visit servicing package. Opted for the 28va compressor and 3x10va for the bedrooms and 24va for the living room.

Bought from GC Marina square, salesman was great! Very patient and not pushy. Fingers crossed, hope installation quality is good.

Ok folks went and booked the mitsubishi electric at 4510 including 5 year extended warranty and 2 year 5 visit servicing package. Opted for the 28va compressor and 3x10va for the bedrooms and 24va for the living room.

Bought from GC Marina square, salesman was great! Very patient and not pushy. Fingers crossed, hope installation quality is good.

How much you pay for 2 year 5 visit servicing package?

Edited by Flatster

bro, dun mind me asking, wt kind of insulation are they giving u? eg armaflex, thermoflex etc? 3/8 inch or half inch? G24 orG23 copper piping? 1 or 2 times installation? :unsure:

How much you pay for 2 year 5 visit servicing package?

Here's the breakup

$3830 for Sys 4

$ 230 for pipe / insulation upgrade (22G and 1/2" Armaflex)

$ 450 for the service package

Extended warranty is FOC (expo deal)

Installation is one time.

Edited by fullerms

Have been a supporter of Toshiba Inverter System. My two places and my in laws place have been using it, one more than ten years and still serving us well. No fierce advert, no frills but definitely reliable. Heard they are the first guys that invented the AC inverter system.

However, my fil, who is a very handy man says that Mit Electric has this easy clean system (don't know if this is the correct term used), which is really good, and is really designed and useful for people that does regular cleaning themselves.

I got Mit Heavy Ind from Gain city...installed on Sep 18th...tested fine. Just last week, after some reno completion, decided to try out the air-con. To my dismay, it broke down after running for awhile!!!!

The power led flashes 7 times with timer led lit....saw from the service manual, indicates either a closed service valve or heat exchanger sensor error. SUX big time!!! Will Wo Kee Hong a call on Monday......never even get to enjoy the aircon & broke down.

Ok, vendor came down to inspect & found gas leakage & was due to broken pipe connection at one of the fan coil units.....Gaincity.....so not all the time that smooth from a company with a gd reputation for aircon installs.

For sure, my experience with Gaincity installers was not pleasant one.