Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
fullerms

Citygas Water Heater

Hi all,

I am considering gas water heaters for my resale flat, want some feedback from anyone who has installed these. I was reading through the citygas website, and saw that these heaters can support upto two shower points. Is it only handshower, or can support two rain showers also?

How about service life? Good?

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

1 thing to take note is the gas piping

where you want to place the heater? will the gas pipe run over the whole place?

i think it depends on what will the contractor do with the exposed gas pipes. but if contractor can do a good job, i think hving a gas water heater is a lot better than hving n electric water heater. for me, i will b choosing CityGas water heater. so can only wait n see how will the pipes be covered. So can only know the results in abt 1 mth time. if yours is a hdb flat, it's best to place it in the svce yard, coz of better ventillation. Good to place it at eye level also, for easier access.

1 thing to take note is the gas piping

where you want to place the heater? will the gas pipe run over the whole place?

i think it depends on what will the contractor do with the exposed gas pipes. but if contractor can do a good job, i think hving a gas water heater is a lot better than hving n electric water heater. for me, i will b choosing CityGas water heater. so can only wait n see how will the pipes be covered. So can only know the results in abt 1 mth time. if yours is a hdb flat, it's best to place it in the svce yard, coz of better ventillation. Good to place it at eye level also, for easier access.

Thanks for the responses guys. But I'm more interested to know whether the instant gas heaters can supply hot water to two rain shower points.

hi there,

if you got time, you can go down to citygas showroom to take a look.

they have a rainshower display there that works together with the citygas. They will explained to you their setup (in details) is very close to any typical hdb setup. (including pressure).

can support 2 rainshowers or not, i would says it greatly depends on how big u wan yr rainshower head to be.

the max size it support would be the one at the showroom.

hope this helps~

frankly their staff there wasn't very helpful. I went there, they just gave yes/no answer. :(

luckily i had a friend who installed it in his house. He was my consultant instead.

so my 2nd trip down there was just to place order.

Do take note of additional cost such as installation of heater and switching on of gas pipes.

my personal opinion, gas heater is always better than instant heater. i'm currently using the Rinnai REU-55CG frm Citygas FOC abt 8yrs back. They were giving it free to promote the use of gas heaters back then.

Pros of gas heaters tt i've personally experienced:

1) Cheaper utilities bill as gas is cheaper than electricity which instant heaters use.

2) Hotter water temperature achievable compared to instant heater.

3) Even during monsoon months when incoming water supply is already very cold, the heater is still able to produce very hot water. Instant heaters just can't do it even at the max temperature setting.

Cons of gas heaters:

1) Water frm gas heaters takes longer to heat up. As in, when you first turn on the hot water from the mixer, the water coming out is not immediately hot water. Cold water flows out from the mixer for a while before it gradually becomes hot water. It takes about 30-40s before u get hot water.

2) Unless u design the pipes layout well, u will have gas pipes running all over the place. And potentially water pipes as well if you're also intending to use tap mixers and kitchen mixers.

Of cos, if ur area dun hv Citygas (like my new place), no point looking at all the above comparisons. You either use an instant heater, or a storage heater. Both run on electricity :(