Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
tigerlily88

Help! I Know This Cant Be Hacked... But....

Hey all,

I know that the wall highlighted in black cant be hacked. But what about making a hole in the middle of the wall, leaving the top, below and sides column intact. This will make the wall look like a frame.

Just bought this place and the current owner is using the balcony as dining area. Im planning to make the place into a lounge area for me to relax and read my books. So im hoping to place will be brighter and better airflow by making a column in the wall...

Help! Please advise.... *crossing my fingers :help:

a>

Edited by tigerlily88

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation
hi Silverfins, this is the original floor plan given by HDB. Currently the seller is using this area as dining area. So currently no balcony

most likely cannot because it indicates by black color. check HDB.

Yep, better check with HDB coz if it's structural wall:

1) Hacking will affect building structure; and

2) If you hack without HDB approval, your buyer (in future) can get you to reinstate the 'unauthorized alteration'

many many yr back, a young couple bought a resale HDB.

While in the middle of renovation, someone notice their wall crack. Call HDB.

HDB come down and check. Realize more and more crack. Even the level 1 pillar also has crack.

Investigate and realize this young couple contractor hack one of the wall (colour black in the footprint).

They had not hack down the whole wall. Just a small hole like a size of a window.

The whole block evacuate. Only return 1 days or few days later until HDB PE clear the checking.

After this, any hacking of the wall, floor all need to submit permit to HDB

when I was renovating my place; I did ask the same question to HDB as well.

any "bold" wall indicated in the floor plan must not be hacked or drilled; they are the beams that hold the whole building together.

even when I ask my ID about it; they say even if I pay them $1M, they won't do it for me too.

ur ID is suppose to know and advise u on walls that can/ cannot be hack.

can i check with you guys, those with thick black color wall on the floor plan, i know it cannot be drilled or hacked, but can I put nails on it (minor drilling) to put some paintings or photo frames? thanks in advance!

can i check with you guys, those with thick black color wall on the floor plan, i know it cannot be drilled or hacked, but can I put nails on it (minor drilling) to put some paintings or photo frames? thanks in advance!

can.

no problem.

bomb shelter..

hmm.. don't know

My house don't have bomb shelter

But if I remember correctly, I think I saw the requirement @ HDB web. Can do and cannot do.

may be you want to search the HDB web

bomb shelter..

hmm.. don't know

My house don't have bomb shelter

But if I remember correctly, I think I saw the requirement @ HDB web. Can do and cannot do.

may be you want to search the HDB web

I did check the HDB website, it doesnt really mention specifically, just that it says cannot drill or hack. I am just wondering if the external wall (facing my living room) can be drill to put nail? I guess better don't, will probably use double tape to hang some photo.. anyway, thanks for the help! appreaciate it!

I did check the HDB website, it doesnt really mention specifically, just that it says cannot drill or hack. I am just wondering if the external wall (facing my living room) can be drill to put nail? I guess better don't, will probably use double tape to hang some photo.. anyway, thanks for the help! appreaciate it!

I think bomb shelter wall can take a nail not deeper than 50mm.