Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
lohjp

Shelter On Penthouse Roof Terrace

Hi, I am looking to buy a penthouse in a low-rise development completed some years back. The current owner has built some shelters on the roof terraces but I am not sure if he has the proper authorizations.

Will I get into trouble if I buy over the unit? Will the BCA/ URA/ IRAS be inspecting the unit after my purchase?

I will really appreciate some advice, please.

Thank you.

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation
Hi, I am looking to buy a penthouse in a low-rise development completed some years back. The current owner has built some shelters on the roof terraces but I am not sure if he has the proper authorizations.

Will I get into trouble if I buy over the unit? Will the BCA/ URA/ IRAS be inspecting the unit after my purchase?

I will really appreciate some advice, please.

Thank you.

Hi Lohjp,

I think the easiest is to ask the current owner if the construction of shelters on the roof terraces has proper authorization? The next question is to ask yourself whether you wish to keep the shelters? If yes, then just let the status quo remain. If you check with the MCST, they may ask you to tear it down if it is constructed without authorization. Unless there is a complain or an accident (eg. shelter collapsed, injuring third parties or damage their property), I don't think BCA/URA/IRAS bother to inspect your unit. If you plan to keep the shelter, it is important to inspect the shelter to check whether it is strong and properly constructed.

To save yourself from all the troubles, you can ask the owner to remove the shelter or remove them yourself when you are doing renovation for your unit, if the shelter is illegal.

Cheers!

Hi, has anyone done roof terrace reno for penthouse unit at Southaven 2? Or do you have any ID or architect to recommend? Please, thank you.