Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
user123

To Get Id Or Not?

Hi,

I just got my key to my new 4-rm unit at Punggol.

It's a premium flat, thus I have minor reno to do.

Full kitchen cabinet, full unit painting and false ceiling/L-boxes **** hall.

With these 3 main item, should I get an ID or should I find respective contractor to do the specific thing?

Will I save a lot without going thru an ID? I have a very low budget for the reno as the flat comes too early than anticipated. Headache!

I know that I have to do all the coordination work myself without an ID.

Please give your opinion... thanks for help!

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

If you already have a clear idea on what you want and if you have the time to do the project management than should you consider handling it yourself.

ID to me is just a person that pens down the things you already have in mind and also take up the role of Project Manager with fees. (No disrespect intended)

Just my 2 cents

Hi,

With these 3 main item, should I get an ID or should I find respective contractor to do the specific thing?

Will I save a lot without going thru an ID? I have a very low budget for the reno as the flat comes too early than anticipated. Headache!

He is right. For me ID is not a just project manager but also should able to propose good design and solution to storage and space. If he cannot propose you anything it is pointless to get ID might as well use contractor. There is lot of company called themself interiror design or ID but majority is just contractor

He is right. For me ID is not a just project manager but also should able to propose good design and solution to storage and space. If he cannot propose you anything it is pointless to get ID might as well use contractor. There is lot of company called themself interiror design or ID but majority is just contractor

yup , i agreed too.. If ur ID act as contractor only>>> then no point paying for his services.

Your ID must give u some advice on the "common + useful" design and "harmful/in-practical" designs for your house.

My ID and i >> we discuss about some of OUR ideal designs...

1)but he also tell us that SOME of our BEST designs = MORE work/maintenance for us in the future. SO BETTEr not have them..

2) He also tell us to get more Storage space/cupboard since we dont have a store room. + It is more expensive to erect new store room too.

ID is impt as it give u more insights to reno

choose ur ID is impt..

do let me know if u need my ID for ur advice

Hi,

i would rather u find the contractors directly rather than pay the ID since u already have a clear picture of wat u wan to do. not to offend anione but i feel most ids lack real knowledge in space planning, most ids are also contractors esp those w/o qualifications. better be the project manager n save more $$$

yah. seriously, when you look at some of the IDs you can tell that they not very "designer"..

but i think you should just go to a few ID companies and check it out, since i heard some ID companies have quite competitive rates nowadays.

also, some contractors not easy to handle.. cos they are not "into" customer service, just good pricing! ha!

if cheap and got people to design and manage your site for you, better right? :dribble:

yah. seriously, when you look at some of the IDs you can tell that they not very "designer"..

but i think you should just go to a few ID companies and check it out, since i heard some ID companies have quite competitive rates nowadays.

also, some contractors not easy to handle.. cos they are not "into" customer service, just good pricing! ha!

if cheap and got people to design and manage your site for you, better right? :dribble:

I just renovated my hse this year.. for the past 1 year, when i hunt for quotes.. the Contractors' pricing is almost the same/slight cheaper as most ID ' pricing..

so get ID better

but since urs is MINOR reno... maybe contractors is good

BUT u better look for quotes from BOTH parties .... better to SEE for yourself