Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
pixie

Anyone Done Valuation Since The New Ruling

Yes you can contact HDB using the online valuation request

http://services2.hdb.gov.sg/webapp/BB31ERE...B31SEresaleMain

They will then arrange for a property valuer to contact you. It's quite fast. I got a call within 2 days after submitting the online request from HDB.

Hi Blue_skies, Thanks for your reply.

For the valuation of a HDB flat on the same floor same location, is it true that the better renovated flat will get higher valuation price?

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request
Hi Blue_skies, Thanks for your reply.

For the valuation of a HDB flat on the same floor same location, is it true that the better renovated flat will get higher valuation price?

Yup I should think so. The condition of the house also plays a part.

Can the price difference be more than 10k or more? Or it is not really significant.

I'm not a valuer so wouldn't be able to give a fair comment on that, but I think that condition of the house won't + / - the price by 5-8K.

I remember when I was flat hunting. Those with expensive reno or designer style homes also got market price valuation, but they will ask higher COV lah.

reno = depreciating assets..

buyers look for location, amenities more than anything else.

a good location with good amenities will always have demand.

if ur concern is about asset preservation, look for one with the above attributes.

get a place with good reno = headache. Why? becos you may dislike certain things but have no choice but to live with it as its in good condition.

Can the price difference be more than 10k or more? Or it is not really significant.

If I were the valuer, I will put 0% weightage as to "reno" part. Don't know those professional valuers' formular on property valuation. Should have kind of a "checklist" with items carrying different weightage.

Who know these "items" in tangible form?

Edited by bepgof

For homogeneous properties such as HDB flats, the common valuation method adopted is the direct comparison approach. This approach is similar to that used by a potential buyer when considering the purchase of a flat. He would look at the location, consider the age, size, design, height and other important characteristics of the flat and compare the prices paid for comparable flats in the locality. Just keep unit clean and tidy, offer refreshment to cool down his monotonous job. Throw $500 on the bed. Should he ask, just say"Eh, duno whose one leh" :)

Edited by Warrior88

Is it true that you can get higher valuation price if you employ a private valuator to valuate your flat?

HDB definitely allows no history re-play.

No "private valuer" allowed for HDB resale. HDB assigned those from IRAS who are:

1. professional, really good at just "comparison".

2. objective, swee swee lady around + cold drink served with aircon+ nice view vs old uncle with foul smell over everywhere, no wind. Still remain "objective"?

3. no coffee money - won't take $500 found on bed, cos got needle camera at side.

The valuer should return the checklist (like class 3 test)to owner after valuation hor.

Edited by bepgof

You got a good deal for your valuation! I was in a similar situation 2 yrs ago when I bought my flat. The difference in valuation price (expired report vs. new valuation) was 30K and I basically bought at valuation price so it saved me the COV.

:) Will let you know location once I sell the place. Currently waiting for offer from prospective buyer.

Finally sold our unit last week at 415k + 21K COV = 436k. It's 1K less than our neighbour's place :D It's a 5I at Sembawang.

Finally sold our unit last week at 415k + 21K COV = 436k. It's 1K less than our neighbour's place :D It's a 5I at Sembawang.

Congrats~ =)

My val went up $7K so brings down the cov to $23K instead.

Congrats~ =)

My val went up $7K so brings down the cov to $23K instead.

haha, buy house liao still look at the val of the nearby units arh???? :D can like that calculate one meh? paper profit make u shoik nia....haaaa