Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
DPSK

Bad Experience With Elmark Fans

Hi All,

I just want to share my experience with Elmark fans. I bought a total of 4x EL3888 VIP 9 models. 3 of them come with lightings and all of them come with remote control each.

Just for the convenience, i was willing to fork out a freaking big amount of money just to buy the remote controls. And to my surprise, 2 out of the 4 remote controls are not responding/working anymore after 5 months.

This is the 2nd time i am going to call Elmark to service my fans and lightings. The 1st time was due to bad motor on 1 of the fans.

Buyers beware! What a crappy electronics design they done. You pay for expensive remote controls and you get monkey performance.

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

Hi,

Just wondering, did you put Alkaline batteries or normal batteries into the remote. If I am not wrong, we should never put alkalines one as they are too strong for the circuits causing the remote to burn quickly.

Hi All,

I just want to share my experience with Elmark fans. I bought a total of 4x EL3888 VIP 9 models. 3 of them come with lightings and all of them come with remote control each.

Just for the convenience, i was willing to fork out a freaking big amount of money just to buy the remote controls. And to my surprise, 2 out of the 4 remote controls are not responding/working anymore after 5 months.

This is the 2nd time i am going to call Elmark to service my fans and lightings. The 1st time was due to bad motor on 1 of the fans.

Buyers beware! What a crappy electronics design they done. You pay for expensive remote controls and you get monkey performance.

i have an engineering background. there is no such thing you cannot use alkaline or non-alkaline. the voltage is still the same. the performance might be different

anyway i verified myself, its not the transmitter that is causing the problem. its the receiver on the fans

Same as you...bought 2 Elmark...after 2mths ++, one of the fans not working properly...cant select speed...either low or high...now after a year plus...same fan..cannot use remote to turn on, I have to off and on the switch then use remote to turn on light then fan....their quality really CMI

Same as you...bought 2 Elmark...after 2mths ++, one of the fans not working properly...cant select speed...either low or high...now after a year plus...same fan..cannot use remote to turn on, I have to off and on the switch then use remote to turn on light then fan....their quality really CMI

i got the same symptom as you. i need to off/on the main switch so that i can use the remote! but once a button is pressed, the remote is not working again. need to off/on main switch again. the cycle continues

crappy service! you need to pay transportation and labor charges for repair within 1 year

Edited by DPSK

crappy service! you need to pay transportation and labor charges for repair within 1 year

If I am not wrong, mine is also an Elmark fan. Less than a year in service, the remote was spoilt. In the end, switched back to manual string pull, has been using for it for 5 years now.

So it seems to be quite a regular issue...I believe its the Rx for the remote that causes this issue...I was also quite put off when I called them initially within the warranty period and was told still need to pay...indeed lousy service....

i just got 2 sets of my remote + receiver changed. and im forced to change the model. this time around, the controller is a touch screen but comes WITHOUT holder! then i have to remove the old holder.

what a stupid design that Elmark cant come out with a holder?!

i just got 2 sets of my remote + receiver changed. and im forced to change the model. this time around, the controller is a touch screen but comes WITHOUT holder! then i have to remove the old holder.

what a stupid design that Elmark cant come out with a holder?!

Improved version? If not, wouldn't the problem be repeated again?

Improved version? If not, wouldn't the problem be repeated again?

i believe the touchscreen one is an improved version. i will feedback if there is a problem in future

its funny that the previous blue and oval design got obsolete so fast. the technician said got no replacement to my previous remote. there must be a problem so Elmark changed to a new design.

i heard the latest remote costs $120 compared to $80 the previous one. my advice is dont opt for the remote!

I also have bad experience . I bought the expensive leave fan with very nice design 1 year back and recently the fan totally cannot be control using the string, the speed turn very slow. No remote control for this model. I called Elmark and request for repair to my disappointment they said need to pay labour, service and parts total cost me nearly $100. I was so frustrated the fan cost me nearly $600 and within a year I have to fork out $100 to service. If this continue I will throw away Elmark and go for other brand. Seriously an electricial product for home users the R&D should be perfect before targeting the market else it should not even be manufactured. Is really like nite robbery kept paying and paying.