Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
Andrew New

Fridge Space Allowance

Let said I'm getting Top Mount Fridge with the dimension of 755x1777x707mm so how much space allowance(width) should I cater for beside the cabinet area?

It dun look nice if the gap is too wide...so It's 850 sufficient?

Edited by Flatster

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request
Let said I'm getting Top Mount Fridge with the dimension of 755x1777x707mm so how much space allowance(width) should I cater for beside the cabinet area?

It dun look nice if the gap is too wide...so It's 850 sufficient?

MAX width => must include any protruding sides when the fridge doors are open.........

If u measure the MAX width & Depth >> 10cm allowances aka 5 cm on each side is more than enough (this is wat i did)

BUT u can leave slight MORE gap.. cos the gap can be used for ventilation >> allow hot air to escape when the fridge is operative

left side of the fridge is wall and right side is the low cabinet of 600mm depth (without top cabinet) so even I open the door to 180 degree will not have any problem. Since 5cm each side is enough, I will ask my contractor to fabricate the low cabinet with the allowance of 850mm for my fridge liao.

Thanks.

left side of the fridge is wall and right side is the low cabinet of 600mm depth (without top cabinet) so even I open the door to 180 degree will not have any problem. Since 5cm each side is enough, I will ask my contractor to fabricate the low cabinet with the allowance of 850mm for my fridge liao.

Thanks.

Do take note on the slight protrusion from your worktop that may "eat" into the 10cm allowance you left. cos when you tell your contractor to leave 850mm, they measure from the cabinet itself but don't take into account of the worktop.

This was exactly what happened to my friend - in the end, they have to change the fridge :(

Do take note on the slight protrusion from your worktop that may "eat" into the 10cm allowance you left. cos when you tell your contractor to leave 850mm, they measure from the cabinet itself but don't take into account of the worktop.

This was exactly what happened to my friend - in the end, they have to change the fridge :(

I have informed my ID my fridge dimension and she said 850mm is sufficient.

Btw I've no fridge base.

I have informed my ID my fridge dimension and she said 850mm is sufficient.

Btw I've no fridge base.

Yeah! I dun intend to have a fridge base too...

But seems like a must have for washing machine??

I dun have. No base for fridge and washing machine.

Edited by Flatster

my previous place also dun have both fridge and washing machine bases.

but, you can consider a washing machine base if you wanna hide the drainage pipe for the washing machine.... just make a larger base to ensure that you have ample space to accomodate a bigger washing machine in future~ ;)

my previous place also dun have both fridge and washing machine bases.

but, you can consider a washing machine base if you wanna hide the drainage pipe for the washing machine.... just make a larger base to ensure that you have ample space to accomodate a bigger washing machine in future~ ;)

I dun like base, so my ID said they will hide my WM drainage pipe underneath the tile.

Edited by Flatster

I dun like base, so my ID said they will hide my WM drainage pipe underneath the tile.

so it is also okay not to construct fridge base for the wm?

would it spoil the wm when washing the floor??

if can, den i also dun wanna have the bases.. ha ha..

most wm have anti-rust feet/chassis one, so dun really need bases anymore... i forego mine for wm and fridge... :D

I opt out the fridge and washing machine base because I only mob the floor so if you wash heavily then you might want to consider install the base instead.

I opt out the fridge and washing machine base because I only mob the floor so if you wash heavily then you might want to consider install the base instead.

dun really like to have such stuff.. unless there is really a need to...

Ok... think I will also forgo the bases then.... :)

MY ID very smart as she auto added 25mm to cater for the worktop :D !