Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios

Hi

I have a few questions on bbq.

1. Do they sell marinated food like chicken wings at supermarket?

2. Are ramly burgers good for bbq - ie. taste good?

3. Are aluminium foil trays re-usable? ie washed, kept and use the next time?

Thanks in advance!

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

1. yes, big supermarket do sell marinated chicken for BBQ. You can also order and get it to deliver to your home.

2. Never tried ramly, but shouldnt be too bad. I also buy some other non-typical BBQ food for BBQ too, like nuggets, cheese tofu, bacon... etc. Whether food taste good depends on the food itself, not so much on the method of cooking (except dont overburn)

3. Can be reuse, but to save the hassle, i will throw away. (Aluminium tray is cheap, no need to reuse)

1. yes, big supermarket do sell marinated chicken for BBQ. You can also order and get it to deliver to your home.

2. Never tried ramly, but shouldnt be too bad. I also buy some other non-typical BBQ food for BBQ too, like nuggets, cheese tofu, bacon... etc. Whether food taste good depends on the food itself, not so much on the method of cooking (except dont overburn)

3. Can be reuse, but to save the hassle, i will throw away. (Aluminium tray is cheap, no need to reuse)

thanks for the info

Hi

Thanks in advance!

ha ha ha .. what is the different to bbq in a pte pty and other places ?

Hi

Thanks in advance!

i normally get meat from MMM (meat marinade and more) at west coast plaza (previously ginza) basement. gourmet standard but cheaper than them, i think even cheaper than Cold storage (if there's no discount). Good thing is they suggest types of marinates for you. but u have to pick them up else its 200 or 300 grand total then free delivery (west coast area only). i stay in the east yet i drove all the way there to buy.

So for example, for 10pax, i normally spent 100 on steak alone at parkway basement (the brazilian meat store that was featured in newspapers). at mmm, i spend 150 for 30pax (my bbq 1month ago) that includes steak, rack of lamb, chicken chop (thigh...not yucky breasts), buffalo wings (mid only), cheese sausage and bbq sauces. mmm doesn't have wide selection of sausage (they outsource) but the rest of the stuff they do it themselves. For the steak i got rib eye(not the expensive cut since office function...not much budget). I remembered for marinates they had bbq, cajun, brazilian, spanish and some other i can't remember. The chix wings i remembered was 25 or 50pcs per pac <15 i think (must check receipt with my accounts dept u want exact $) else just call they'll quote u over the phone.

i normally get meat from MMM (meat marinade and more) at west coast plaza (previously ginza) basement. gourmet standard but cheaper than them, i think even cheaper than Cold storage (if there's no discount). Good thing is they suggest types of marinates for you. but u have to pick them up else its 200 or 300 grand total then free delivery (west coast area only). i stay in the east yet i drove all the way there to buy.

So for example, for 10pax, i normally spent 100 on steak alone at parkway basement (the brazilian meat store that was featured in newspapers). at mmm, i spend 150 for 30pax (my bbq 1month ago) that includes steak, rack of lamb, chicken chop (thigh...not yucky breasts), buffalo wings (mid only), cheese sausage and bbq sauces. mmm doesn't have wide selection of sausage (they outsource) but the rest of the stuff they do it themselves. For the steak i got rib eye(not the expensive cut since office function...not much budget). I remembered for marinates they had bbq, cajun, brazilian, spanish and some other i can't remember. The chix wings i remembered was 25 or 50pcs per pac <15 i think (must check receipt with my accounts dept u want exact $) else just call they'll quote u over the phone.

hey the info is sufficient...thanks a lot...will see if i get chance to check out west coast plaza

1. Are the marinated chicken at Cold Storage those selling at the counter?

2. For sausages, is there any need to prepare (eg mariniate) or can just buy from the freezer at Cold Storage?

1. Are the marinated chicken at Cold Storage those selling at the counter?

2. For sausages, is there any need to prepare (eg mariniate) or can just buy from the freezer at Cold Storage?

Marinated meat, think they have some pre packed or at the deli counter.

Sausages, no need to marinade as they they are processed food. More than salty enough in my opinion.

i too have a few questions

What meat do you apply butter and what other item do you apply honey?

Should the oil brush be re-use?

i find sweet corn and potatoes are not popular bbq items - what do you think?

In general all need butter. Honey is only applied halfway through as it turns black easily, usually on chicken and meat depending on preferences.

I love sweet corns, but potatoes are too filling thus not popular. Can also try portobello mushrooms, marshmallows, cuttlefish and even crayfish.