Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
JeanL

Expandable Dining Table

Hi

Have to buy a small dining table due to space constraints. However, love feasting and gatherings, so need to get an expandable dining table :) But so far, only saw Ikea has them. Would also prefer a round one for safety reasons. Anyone has recommendation on where else to get it?

Thanks!

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation
Hi

Have to buy a small dining table due to space constraints. However, love feasting and gatherings, so need to get an expandable dining table :) But so far, only saw Ikea has them. Would also prefer a round one for safety reasons. Anyone has recommendation on where else to get it?

Thanks!

Hi JeanL,

I am using 'BJURSTA dining table(Article number: 40161722) from IKEA' that was gifted my friends during house warming.

I was skeptical in the initial days. but, i was proved wrong.

The table is very useful especially while we have more guests. I could expand the table in a jiffy and whoila... it can accommodate 6 people. :).

I recommend this table.

Edited by ashomech

Hi JeanL,

I am using 'BJURSTA dining table(Article number: 40161722) from IKEA' that was gifted my friends during house warming.

I was skeptical in the initial days. but, i was proved wrong.

The table is very useful especially while we have more guests. I could expand the table in a jiffy and whoila... it can accommodate 6 people. :).

I recommend this table.

Ashomech

Is this the round table? I like it very much, but the size of 1100mm dia is too big. Looking at something about 850mm only. If no other choice, would have to buy the rectangular one...

this thread has been previously discussed here

Have not come across a round table thought.

goodluck

Dexufto

Thanks for directing me to the thread :)

XZQT has lovely extendable tables - round, square, rectangle, oval.. but very ex!

Yes, they have a set that I really like. I think it's called the Odyssey. The table costs more than 4k, not including chairs. You'll have to add another 2k approx for the chairs.

Yes, they have a set that I really like. I think it's called the Odyssey. The table costs more than 4k, not including chairs. You'll have to add another 2k approx for the chairs.

Wow, that's ex...

Go to the pandan branch when they are offering sales.

I managed to bargain for a 50% off the coffee-table that I fancy :)

Go to the pandan branch when they are offering sales.

I managed to bargain for a 50% off the coffee-table that I fancy :)

The sales person at the Kaki Bkt branch where i went to 2 weeks ago mentioned that the items at pandan are cheaper. He said that branch carries a number of items that may have slight defects, often times hardly noticeable though, and can be had for much cheaper. Was just at the XZQT store at ION earlier this evening and the price of the Odyssey is actually abt 5k (table only)and thats after 25% off. they do have another model whcih is equally nice. I dont remember the name of it, but its rectangular with a black glass top and walnut edges and legs. Also very chic but it's not collapsible. The lady at the shop did say they come in 160cm length and 180cm length. The sales person's name is Christine. very helpful and not at all pushy, which I really appreciated. I might check out the pandan branch to see they have any good deals.

I bought a Calligaris dining table from Christine at ION as well. I think she's a great salesperson, prompt with emails, gives good information and she seems eager to get a good deal for her customers.

The Calligaris range of dining tables is actually very good deal. Their designs are clean and not too trendy, and their furniture is solidly built (at least from what I've seen at the showroom).

When my table comes in mid November I'll update with more details.