Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
karkadyz

Wall Crack Or Paint Crack?

I got my house about 1 year ago, but I noticed five crack lines around the house and one of them is vertical crack. Those are thin lines, like hair crack. Is it because of the painting issue or the wall itself got crack?

Should I ask the building management to fix it? Is there a warranty for new condo? Previously got one diagonal top-to-bottom 1-metre crack and I asked the management to fix it, but it was within the first year.

Thanks.

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

Is the crack very obvious or theres alot of it making it very unsightly?or just tiny hairline which is normal and usually can be just paint over.Usually the management will get the main con to rectify it if its still under warranty.Act fast.

Is the crack very obvious or theres alot of it making it very unsightly?or just tiny hairline which is normal and usually can be just paint over.Usually the management will get the main con to rectify it if its still under warranty.Act fast.

I just paint it when I see small cracks. Normally it will be gone after applying one to three times of paint.

I noticed that the cracks normally happen near somewhere that the wall is drilled such as light on and off switches.

I just paint it when I see small cracks. Normally it will be gone after applying one to three times of paint.

I noticed that the cracks normally happen near somewhere that the wall is drilled such as light on and off switches.

Thanks. so, after repainting several times, the crack won't go bigger?

Those are tiny hairline, but I am not sure whether the wall itself crack or paint crack. BTW, usually how long is the warranty? Can't recall got warranty statement in the contract.

Hairline cracks are usually the after-effects of renovation such as hacking of walls or drilling. Unfortunately, guess it's inevitible and you will need to contactly paint over the hairline cracks when they appear.