Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
Lubber Duckie

Can I Off My Air-con Main Switch When Not In Use, To Save Electricity?

I own a sys 3 inverter air-con.

Can I off my main switch to save electricity when not in use?

Or does it have to be on standby at all times?

10 years ago, I remember my air-con technician telling me to leave it on standby 24/7 to prevent it from malfunction.

But that was a non-inverter.

Please advise.

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

10 years ago, I remember my air-con technician telling me to leave it on standby 24/7 to prevent it from malfunction.

Please advise.

I off he main switch of system 1 inverter daikin when not in use as read in this forum --save electricity save $$$

so far so gd....

??? will malfunction in long run?

Please advise.

Actually I could not know Aircon have standby mode event indoor or outdoor I can't found, why your so worry of standby mode.

If you found please post your photo to share here, for my system 1 spilt really don't it such thing.

It is not the electronic likes tv or DVD player or hometheater may need standby modes.

Can your explains why?

Regards

Kimsim

Edited by kimsim

Actually I could not know Aircon have standby mode event indoor or outdoor I can't found, why your so worry of standby mode.

If you found please post your photo to share here, for my system 1 spilt really don't it such thing.

It is not the electronic likes tv or DVD player or hometheater may need standby modes.

Can your explains why?

Regards

Kimsim

read this. it has been acknowledged most aircons will eat some phantom power during standby mode used to preheating the compressor.

But was wondering how much more can you save per month by switching off the main. So long as it a good inverter brand like Daikin, presume the phantom power wasted (if any) may not be that great a deal. Also, to on/off the main in the long run may potentially wear down the appliances.

But was wondering how much more can you save per month by switching off the main. So long as it a good inverter brand like Daikin, presume the phantom power wasted (if any) may not be that great a deal. Also, to on/off the main in the long run may potentially wear down the appliances.

looks like u are pro-daikin :D :D :D :D

agree. it really depends on how much you actually save. If it's only $1-$2 a month, then i'll rather sacrifice having my teh-o from the kopi tiam to save on the hassle of turning off the main power.

Yes you can save more energy when you turn off your aircon main switch.

Sames goes for all the rest of your appliances

ya i argeed if you dayli used aircond due to facing problem for everydays very kaisu ppl. to be off the main switch and saves something few dollar per months.

that's not healthy for life.

if that day you off, after come back home and switch on, why suddenly no function??

inside the condenser unit fuse spoil then you also have to spend few dollar to replaced.

that is no point to be long term.

because inverter aircond is already very very saves due to cut off half of your monthly bills.

i suggest better don't do that , maybe you are the nothing to do person.

just rest at home and read news paper or watch tv at home or retired.

hehe :D

Edited by kimsim

ya i argeed if you dayli used aircond due to facing problem for everydays very kaisu ppl. to be off the main switch and saves something few dollar per months.

that's not healthy for life.

if that day you off, after come back home and switch on, why suddenly no function??

inside the condenser unit fuse spoil then you also have to spend few dollar to replaced.

that is no point to be long term.

because inverter aircond is already very very saves due to cut off half of your monthly bills.

i suggest better don't do that , maybe you are the nothing to do person.

just rest at home and read news paper or watch tv at home or retired.

hehe :D

Not only we can save money on those electrical bills but we certainly can help save the Earth too :)

The bottomline... so long as the bill is not burning a big hole in your pocket, you should not rock the boat. If the compressor is being worn down, then its not worth it. Penny wise, pound foolish.