Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
treeOfLife

Non Payment Tenant

will u accept if tenants don't pay rental on time and pay rental in 3-5days later? what if tenants don't have rental?

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

actually, if tenant is frank and ask for extension with valid reasons, it suppose it is ok...eg, some pple's paycheck may come in at the later than then rental payment... but seriously, this is a sign of potential payment problem...ie if he doesn't get paid, you won't too. : )

last time, i gave my tenants +5 days after rental is due to pay up... he got worst, so i terminated the TA and got his butt and the subtenants' out of the house.

will u accept if tenants don't pay rental on time and pay rental in 3-5days later? what if tenants don't have rental?
Edited by chia90

Aiyo it's every landlord's nightmare when they get such tenants who don't pay rent.

Is it possible for them to pay rent via GIRO every month?

I thought that was a good idea becox all of us landlords need not run after them every month for rental fees.

well... if they are bad....even they willing to setup Giro in the 1st place... they can still let it lapsed by:

1) no money in account,

2) cancel after signed TA and moved in.

3) close bank account used for the Giro...

etc, etc.

sorry, didn't mean to be a wet blanket...there are good tenants around too... sometimes, luck plays a big part.

take care.

Aiyo it's every landlord's nightmare when they get such tenants who don't pay rent.

Is it possible for them to pay rent via GIRO every month?

I thought that was a good idea becox all of us landlords need not run after them every month for rental fees.

Edited by chia90

Nope, this is not acceptable to me. In the first two year of renting with the tenant, he often delay in paying the rent 1-2 days, 3 days the max delay. Or going back to his hometown before the rental date and return few days after the rental date.

So I asked him when is his payday, which is fixed. So we drafted a new tenancy agreement on his payday, and also to pay me the rent before he leave overseas for work or others, and not after. This solve the problem.