Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
hon

City Gas Water Heater

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request
Any user experience of how fast the warm water can be ready?

I know storage type need to wait abt 10mins.

My new house is using Citygas by previous owner and the unit is down.

I'm thinking to change all to instant water heater since I'm doing reno as I don't like the 'waiting' time.

Hope to get some feedback....

My old place was a gas heater provided by SP when we got our flat 10yrs ago. It was a promotion at that time. Free heater, only pay the piping connection. (Brand: Bosch)

10yrs change battery twice. Hot water comes out almost instantly. Never waited more than 5secs. Kids love it.

I want to install the Citygas heater, but it seems like they are not interested to do as i'm not re-doing my kitchen. Contractors mentioned that Citygas on want to do the connection + running of piping when it is totally empty.

Hi,

any updates?

i am also thinking of buying this but every shop i asked says cannot install rain shower

if.. can u install a mini 'motor' to get the pressure increase in order to enjoy the rain shower feel?

I shortlisted citygas heater for my new hdb as my current parent home is storage tank heater, need to wait 10min (better) else I can't enjoy a 15min shower time... the hot water run out den i need to endure the 'not so hot' water. (the heater installed in the same common toilet tt I'm in yet still need to wait min 5min.)

Those have rain shower using city gas, any comments?? i need to decide whether to use storage or city gas. :)

i am using rain shower with CityGas

so far so good

i did not set water pressure to the max (midpoint is good enough for me since most times only 1 water point is in use)

i also did not set water temperature to the max (midpoint is already very hot, i have no idea how anyone can withstand max)

i have never used a storage tank previously so note that my point of view has no relativity

the points to consider:

there will be inevitable water wastage since the heater works on a "when needed basis"

so the flame is only ignited upon turning the mixer on

in most instances, the first half bucket will be cold water so if you have a habit of rinsing clothes as you bathe, this water can be put to good use

the flame can be extinguished sometimes

i do not know the exact cause but suspect it is due to gusts of wind flowing into my service yard

you will know when the water suddenly turns cold; then you just turn the knob off then on again to re-ignite the flame

Edited by bobztoise

i am using rain shower with CityGas

so far so good

i did not set water pressure to the max (midpoint is good enough for me since most times only 1 water point is in use)

i also did not set water temperature to the max (midpoint is already very hot, i have no idea how anyone can withstand max)

i have never used a storage tank previously so note that my point of view has no relativity

the points to consider:

there will be inevitable water wastage since the heater works on a "when needed basis"

so the flame is only ignited upon turning the mixer on

in most instances, the first half bucket will be cold water so if you have a habit of rinsing clothes as you bathe, this water can be put to good use

the flame can be extinguished sometimes

i do not know the exact cause but suspect it is due to gusts of wind flowing into my service yard

you will know when the water suddenly turns cold; then you just turn the knob off then on again to re-ignite the flame

Me too...I already ordered the citygas heater but I heard for HDB flat maximum rainshower head is 8" inch.thinking of getting the square ones :)

Me too...I already ordered the citygas heater but I heard for HDB flat maximum rainshower head is 8" inch.thinking of getting the square ones :)

8" is enough lah... too big also not going to make that much of a different, i think. hahaahhah..... when you will get it installed?

8" is enough lah... too big also not going to make that much of a different, i think. hahaahhah..... when you will get it installed?

lol...bigger the better mah...just like real rain.. :] probably i get it install in mid march.my completion date will be on 07/03/2011..look at your blog..love your layout and 2 big king size bed lol...got cheap rainshower set please tell me hor..i'm looking for 2.. :]

Have just installed my City gas heater 2 weeks back.

Had some bad experience with the City Gas sub-contractor - did not call, late and left halfway and came back an hour plus later.

Would like to find out what's the cost of engaging a plumber to connect the heater and both the hot & cold water inlets and time to get it done?

TIA!

Have just installed my City gas heater 2 weeks back.

Had some bad experience with the City Gas sub-contractor - did not call, late and left halfway and came back an hour plus later.

Would like to find out what's the cost of engaging a plumber to connect the heater and both the hot & cold water inlets and time to get it done?

TIA!

Complain to city gas lah. At least they know who is doing a lousy job.

• Like 1

I also quite pissed with the ids n contractors when i asked them abt citygas. None of them able to advise me properly. I dunno which r the things to install and where to install the heater.

becos they cannot earn from it mah. :D

drop by SP services at somerset, got sales person there. :)

I just chanced upon this thread now. Hope it is not too late to share my experience.

When I was renovating my flat 3 months back, I didn't have a clue how city gas heater works. What I did was to give City Gas a call, and they provide good customer service. Immediately, they get a technician to call me, fix an appointment to visit the site which was still hacking in progress. I seek his opinion how the gas heater works, and best location to install the heater tank. This technician can give good advices.

Then, I place my order and when the wall tiles are ready at the location where I would place the gas heater, I arrange for them to come down to do the installation.

As I am also using gas cooker, I also arranged for them to come one more round to do the gas connection once my renovation is almost 99% complete, to hook up the gas supply to both heater and cooker.

You can visit my reno t-blog where I have penned the chronological account of activities during the whole renovation, and you can roughly estimate when you need to call them up.

http://www.renotalk.com/forum/index.php?s=...st&p=601836

• Like 1

5750291705_a995d67b0c.jpg

Just to share with you my experience with city gas heater. It is a great water heater I ever used. The advantages are:

1. Save the electricity bill with no joke!!! (Gas Heater - Cheapest vs Electric Heater and Storage Tank - Quite Expensive)

2. It required a battery to ignite the gas which I change once every 2 years. (Now 3rd years for me using it)

3. It takes 2 second for the water to heat up (Compare to Storage Tank - not so sure how long it needs to boil the whole tank of water)

4. As and when you can adjust the flow rate and the temp of the water...

5. One gas heater to supply main bathroom and masterbed room toilet. (If you have 3 bathroom, I beleive it works well also)

6. Made in Japan (Quality is there)

7. If power failure, your water heater still running without failed!!! (No link with electricity, still can enjoy hot bath while w/o light on)

8. Eco Environment (For person who like to go green)

9. Lastly, I believe it is quite safe to use gas for the heater. Touch wood, so far so good....

Unfortunately, I regretted to buy gas dryer... which I believe it does a good job for my wet clothes...

Edited by alphakim

By the way, there is a new model coming out which i have placed order. Using digital to set temperature instead of turning the knob, do go check it out from City Gas as having promo of free installation.

anyone using city gas heater can explain how does the gas heater works? read from previous post that there will be burning of fire at the water heater which might cause black spots on the clothes if it's install at the service yard. there will be a fire to ignite the heater when we turn it on each time?