Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
hon

City Gas Water Heater

yes, fire is ignited EVERYTIME u on the tap

can u imagine how much gas goes into the kitchen??

the fire starter is boxed up inside the heater? if it isn't boxed up, the fire will be extinguish when where is a strong wind?

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

anyone using city gas heater can explain how does the gas heater works? read from previous post that there will be burning of fire at the water heater which might cause black spots on the clothes if it's install at the service yard. there will be a fire to ignite the heater when we turn it on each time?

yes u would see a burning flame, thru the gas heater's glass.

its like using a gas stove la basically. Water heater up by a flame becomes hot water.

think....when u are using the gas stove, does gas escape out?

Quite surprised to hear things like cause clothes to have black spots actually. Where did u hear that from?

Been using it for slightly less than a year, pleased with it.

:)

But of course, if having that device in your house worries you, no point having it. Peace of mind is priceless. :)

yes u would see a burning flame, thru the gas heater's glass.

its like using a gas stove la basically. Water heater up by a flame becomes hot water.

think....when u are using the gas stove, does gas escape out?

Quite surprised to hear things like cause clothes to have black spots actually. Where did u hear that from?

Been using it for slightly less than a year, pleased with it.

:)

But of course, if having that device in your house worries you, no point having it. Peace of mind is priceless. :)

just call up city gas to arrange a site visit by the technician. city gas recently launch a new series of gas heater, macro series gas heater (8L & 10L). hubby is keen on installing the 10L heater :)

spoke to customer service over at city gas and they mention to us that we would need to engage our own contractor to install the water pipings?

just call up city gas to arrange a site visit by the technician. city gas recently launch a new series of gas heater, macro series gas heater (8L & 10L). hubby is keen on installing the 10L heater :)

spoke to customer service over at city gas and they mention to us that we would need to engage our own contractor to install the water pipings?

Me too, have place an order for the 10L, but not sure if it is good for rain shower le.. hahah did you try it?

Me too, have place an order for the 10L, but not sure if it is good for rain shower le.. hahah did you try it?

have not tried it. when the technician is here, will find out from him if it is suitable for rain shower haha. when are they coming over to your place for installation?

have not tried it. when the technician is here, will find out from him if it is suitable for rain shower haha. when are they coming over to your place for installation?

No so soon le, my reno will start in the first week of july

yeap, need to connect the water pipes to bathrooms. Citygas will connect the gas pipe to gas heater only.

You have to get taps that allow u to shift left to right to adjust the temperature 2...i forgot the name for it...

if u want hot water on taps, then also have to connect to the taps.

new series...hmmm larger capacity, mine is the 7l version.

wonder if there is any substantial difference.

yeap, need to connect the water pipes to bathrooms. Citygas will connect the gas pipe to gas heater only.

You have to get taps that allow u to shift left to right to adjust the temperature 2...i forgot the name for it...

if u want hot water on taps, then also have to connect to the taps.

new series...hmmm larger capacity, mine is the 7l version.

wonder if there is any substantial difference.

are you refering to the mixer? hehe

i spoke to the customer service and enquire regarding the new modal. the customer service agent told me that 8l is a standard version, while the 10l is inclusive of a micro chip installed within the heater. in the event 2 bathrooms are occupied and 1 toilet has finish using, the microchip will be able to detect and control the water temperature accordingly. however for the 8l it is not able to detect that 1 person has finish using the toilet, thus will not be able to auto adjust the temperature. haha hope you understand what i mean

the new modals also have a stronger resistance to wind according to the customer service agent. anyone went down to city gas gallery to take a look at the the actual heater?

are you refering to the mixer? hehe

i spoke to the customer service and enquire regarding the new modal. the customer service agent told me that 8l is a standard version, while the 10l is inclusive of a micro chip installed within the heater. in the event 2 bathrooms are occupied and 1 toilet has finish using, the microchip will be able to detect and control the water temperature accordingly. however for the 8l it is not able to detect that 1 person has finish using the toilet, thus will not be able to auto adjust the temperature. haha hope you understand what i mean

the new modals also have a stronger resistance to wind according to the customer service agent. anyone went down to city gas gallery to take a look at the the actual heater?

I was planning to head down this coming monday to look at the live demo. They mention that the pressure is also much greater

I was planning to head down this coming monday to look at the live demo. They mention that the pressure is also much greater

there is a live demo? at which outlet?

hello all.. has anyone started using the new macro series?.. am interested to hear your review :).. tks

I hv installed but not yet use becos still under renovation, by the way, I bought the 10L/min(digital temperature adjustment) which need power source.

GasWaterHeaterMA-10FESmallPic1.jpgGasWaterHeaterMA-10FESmallPic2.jpg

Edited by knightskid

Hi,

Can advise what's the estimated cost of plumbing for the citygas water heater?

Thanks in advanced!

I hv installed but not yet use becos still under renovation, by the way, I bought the 10L/min(digital temperature adjustment) which need power source.

GasWaterHeaterMA-10FESmallPic1.jpgGasWaterHeaterMA-10FESmallPic2.jpg

dropped by AEROGAZ today and upon looking at the MACRO 8l version. $168 inclusive free installation + run gas pipe from cooker.

made some calculations and realized it's kinda worth the deal after all. Original plan was to get 2x instant heater (about $160 each with showerhead) and would cost $320 - $350 range BEFORE installation.

Gas heater version - $168 + additional piping works ($50-$80) + 2x mixer ($120 - $180 range)

2x instant heater - $160-$180 range + installation works ($80-$100 EACH because of wiring point involved)

Math seems sensible :)

hmm...

dropped by AEROGAZ today and upon looking at the MACRO 8l version. $168 inclusive free installation + run gas pipe from cooker.

made some calculations and realized it's kinda worth the deal after all. Original plan was to get 2x instant heater (about $160 each with showerhead) and would cost $320 - $350 range BEFORE installation.

Gas heater version - $168 + additional piping works ($50-$80) + 2x mixer ($120 - $180 range)

2x instant heater - $160-$180 range + installation works ($80-$100 EACH because of wiring point involved)

Math seems sensible :)

hmm...

Why not get the $288? As it cones with free installation.