Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
hon

City Gas Water Heater

Hi,

Can advise what's the estimated cost of plumbing for the citygas water heater?

Thanks in advanced!

Am not sure the plumbing service cost as mine is under the reno contractor

Edited by knightskid

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

Too big liao...lol

8l is okay for me "for now" since only 2 pax. hehee.

If I am not wrong, 8L is using battery operated n for temp setting, is using knob, right?

city gas technician came to my place for a site visit and told us the gas heater will be place in the service yard and gas piping will run from kitchen to service yard. our contractor on the other hand tells us that the gas heater should be place inside the common toilet bathroom (where the water pipes is). so confusing since both gives different advice.

city gas technician came to my place for a site visit and told us the gas heater will be place in the service yard and gas piping will run from kitchen to service yard. our contractor on the other hand tells us that the gas heater should be place inside the common toilet bathroom (where the water pipes is). so confusing since both gives different advice.

The city gas technician is correct. Do you know the case some time back where a guy was killed by gas poisoning because the carpenter accidentally damaged the concealed gas pipe and caused leaking? Since then, all gas piping must be visible and the reason for installation in service yard is to prevent gas poisoning or maybe explosion if it leaks. It is also advisable not to close your windows at the service yard fully.

Only electrically operated heater can be placed in the toilet.

The city gas technician is correct. Do you know the case some time back where a guy was killed by gas poisoning because the carpenter accidentally damaged the concealed gas pipe and caused leaking? Since then, all gas piping must be visible and the reason for installation in service yard is to prevent gas poisoning or maybe explosion if it leaks. It is also advisable not to close your windows at the service yard fully.

Only electrically operated heater can be placed in the toilet.

Agree with u...

yup...had mine installed at the service yard as well. wasn't there at the point of installation since my id taking care of it but according to the customer svc guy at citygas prior to my purchase, gas heater is best to be placed either at the service yard or in the kitchen. reason given was that wet areas like bathrm or toilet are not gd for the gas heater since humidity level is high.

if installed at the service yard, it's also gd to have windows installed to shield the heater away fm the rain. but of cos doesn't mean you need to shut the windows at all times but jus note that the gas heater has to be kept dry can liao lor. opening the window to air the area surely no issue :thumbs up:

i have yet to start using since not shifted into new place. got myself the smaller version one @ $168 which comes with foc installation as well. have been told it was definitely gd & no efficiency prob for the warm water to flow if were to utilise 2 points con-currently :D

I just went to the web Gas Clothes Dryer (RD-600CG) + Macro Series Gas Water Heater (Choose from Model MA-8NFL or MA-10FE) at special combination prices!

Purchase a set of gas clothes dryer and gas water heater at the following special prices:

Set 1 - Gas Clothes Dryer (RD-600CG) + Gas Water Heater Model MA-8NFL at S$798

Set 2 - Gas Clothes Dryer (RD-600CG) + Gas Water Heater Model MA-10FE at S$898

*Prices include free installation of up to $60 for gas water heater, and gas pipe extension from cooker to yard or kitchen

Any one know if the clothes dryer is good?

I am contemplating if I am going to buy samsung front load dryer +washer at 999

Sounds cheaper to buy a separate dryer and washer

But consider also- it's know that front load consume more electricity + if I got a dryer which consumer more elec fee may be higher

Again I still need to consider if I used top load + separate citygas dryer

Any sugestion?

I just went to the web Gas Clothes Dryer (RD-600CG) + Macro Series Gas Water Heater (Choose from Model MA-8NFL or MA-10FE) at special combination prices!

Purchase a set of gas clothes dryer and gas water heater at the following special prices:

Set 1 - Gas Clothes Dryer (RD-600CG) + Gas Water Heater Model MA-8NFL at S$798

Set 2 - Gas Clothes Dryer (RD-600CG) + Gas Water Heater Model MA-10FE at S$898

*Prices include free installation of up to $60 for gas water heater, and gas pipe extension from cooker to yard or kitchen

Any one know if the clothes dryer is good?

I am contemplating if I am going to buy samsung front load dryer +washer at 999

Sounds cheaper to buy a separate dryer and washer

But consider also- it's know that front load consume more electricity + if I got a dryer which consumer more elec fee may be higher

Again I still need to consider if I used top load + separate citygas dryer

Any sugestion?

any noe can advise the additional piping works from toilet to the service yard , hw much will it cost??

Edited by littlejun

Sorry folks, my contractor told me for new HDB, the heater installation piping need to run though the living room to the bathroom.

Can advise what kind of piping is required for the gas heater? I know need to connect the pipe from the gas stove over there. How are the pipes connected to the bathrooms?

For my 4rm flat too bad the main toilet and mbr's toilet is not "back to back" so need extra long copper piping running from service yard to mbr then to bedroom's toilet. My plumber quoted me for $750 inclusive of two ponzzi or rozzi mixers, saw homefix selling at $80 per piece but i never asked them. First order from citygas is a estimated a month ago and plumber came in action 2 weeks later. During the installation my house is like war zone, so dusty and the noise is very lenghty!, I felt like stepping on a coat of talcum powder in whole house haha. I have to say $288 + $750 is very expensive for me but if you think GREEN and ultimately reducing the utility bill this it is. Next project is the LED lighting in my nest :) If anyone wanna ask more please pm me, my location is @ gangsa rd beside Mayspring Condo.

macrocompleted.jpg

Notice the small pipe into wall is where the mbr is, to the right is main toilet.

macropipetorooms.jpg

Water source is now shared with my washing machine.

macropipesource.jpg

Hi,

Can advise what's the estimated cost of plumbing for the citygas water heater?

Thanks in advanced!

Hi All

There are two brands from City Gas which are

Marco

http://www.citygas.com.sg/pdf/9658_City_Gas_Macro%20WH_Leafllet_FAP_(NXPowerLite).pdf

Ferroli

http://www.citygas.com.sg/pdf/prima_water_heater.pdf

which one is more suitable for use for new 4room HDB with 2 toilets.

I understand that we can tap the water pipe for hot water suppy to the kitchen,taps etcs but of cost with the use of mixer taps

And is this suitable for Rain shower? my flats is in the MID floor, plan to install rain shower in Master toilet

PLease advise thanks

Edited by kunxeno

Rinnai Gas (analog) water heater I believe is still the most reliable brand.

Have been using it for the last 13 years. Just 2 years back, the battery depletes faster than normal (2 X D size), normally takes about 8 months for an Eveready Heavy duty, now its 1 month change once.

Can't be bothered to repair it and I got a D size adapter which can take AA size batt, made use of rechargeable batts and there it goes, recharge batt every month. So far so good. Till unit breakdown then might

consider a Rinnai Digital one.

Edited by JamisD