Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
hon

City Gas Water Heater

My experience with my city gas heater isn't so good.

I'm using Rinnai REU-10RFM and I don't get the water in like 5-10 secs as what some of you have mentioned.

I've set the temperature to 48 but it takes around 20-30secs and ended up I've a lot of water collected in my pail.

Anyone having the same issue?

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

Some good and not good experience after using Rinnai REU-10RFM.

Background: Just shifted to new HDB flat with built-in hot and cold water piping for 2 bathroom and 2 washing basin.

i stay at 24 floor , highest floor at 40 storey.

1) City gas selling point is save on the electricity, yes it is does save electricity, instead 1200watt versus 40 watts,

2) it take quite a while to get heated water compare to electric heater (take 5 to 8 sec.) temp from 24deg to 42deg.

My set take at least at 20 seconds to 35 seconds( average 22 seconds) to get from 24deg. to 42deg.

Slow heating is fine for me, but waste water up to 10 litres each time is not good plus 20 to 35 seconds lost

of gas for pre-heating.

3) But once heated water received, you can enjoy constant water temperature flow for long duration even with

variable flow. electric heater is difficult.

In short, gas heater are good when more people use it (more than 3) and continual. Else any bathing interval

more than 15 mins need to heater up again is wasting water and gas. Maybe better to use electric heater instead..

Some good and not good experience after using Rinnai REU-10RFM.

Background: Just shifted to new HDB flat with built-in hot and cold water piping for 2 bathroom and 2 washing basin.

i stay at 24 floor , highest floor at 40 storey.

1) City gas selling point is save on the electricity, yes it is does save electricity, instead 1200watt versus 40 watts,

2) it take quite a while to get heated water compare to electric heater (take 5 to 8 sec.) temp from 24deg to 42deg.

My set take at least at 20 seconds to 35 seconds( average 22 seconds) to get from 24deg. to 42deg.

Slow heating is fine for me, but waste water up to 10 litres each time is not good plus 20 to 35 seconds lost

of gas for pre-heating.

3) But once heated water received, you can enjoy constant water temperature flow for long duration even with

variable flow. electric heater is difficult.

In short, gas heater are good when more people use it (more than 3) and continual. Else any bathing interval

more than 15 mins need to heater up again is wasting water and gas. Maybe better to use electric heater instead..

do u have photos/plan of the water pipe routing from the heater to your shower? the timing takes into account the length of piping right?

By the way, how to upload jpg file, i clicked image, it ask for URL?

Yes, you are right, the length of piping or hot water travel distance affect the temperature.

I estimated for my case, the flow distance is about 9 to11m.

Given that most new flat come with hot and cold water pipe built inside the wall

Anyone knows how the inlet water pipe needs to be configured?

My contractor told me I need to get a tap with two heads to replace my existing water machine tap that has one head. But it doesn't make any sense to me.

Also, any good plumber to recommend to fix up the water pipe from the kitchen service yard to the two bathrooms shower and sink? How much will that cost?

Hi All :)

I was told by my friend that the rate ($) of Gas and Electricity is too close to justify any savings....

Upon checking my last utility bill the rate was... Electricity rate $0.2670 (kWh) VS Gas rate $0.2126 (kWh).

Any kind bros / sis can correct me? I am not so technical... So please correct me if i am wrong. :)

The savings is only $0.2670 MINUS $0.2126 EQUALS = $0.0544 (savings) ?

I checked my electric heater and the rating is 3.3kwh... How about gas heater? I saw from the website is 7KW for nominal heat input...

Is it 7KWh? any expert or bro/sis pls help?

Thk u :) :)

• Like 1

hi...

i've been using instant electric heater for the past 20 years and frankly i'm not sure if i would make any changes in future. however, my new bto flat comes with hot and cold water pipes and wonder if i can still use instant electric heater. how would the pipes fit to the heater?

thanks..

Hello,

For those using the Macro MA-10FE gas water heater (pic below), do you find the exhaust fan switches on randomly even when the heater is not in use?

MA10FEIT-11493468027.gif

Recently i just took out the water inlet filter of my gas heater for a wash :jawdrop: found that the filter was dirty after washing place it back everything back to normal

Pressure low maybe link filter choke do check with the technician as my is Rinnai :yamseng:

"Went to 1 ID firm last nite, being advise to us for considering installing either elect heater/storage heater because city gas water heater sometimes took abt 10-15mins for it to have hot/warm water upon turning on the tap. Is it true? Because i don't get to see from citygas website stated how long does it takes to have warm/hot water after turning on the tap. Any kind soul that has installed, can hear from your feedback? Thanks."

QUOTE (knightskid @ Oct 31 2010, 02:47 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Went to 1 ID firm last nite, being advise to us for considering installing either elect heater/storage heater because city gas water heater sometimes took abt 10-15mins for it to have hot/warm water upon turning on the tap. Is it true? Because i don't get to see from citygas website stated how long does it takes to have warm/hot water after turning on the tap. Any kind soul that has installed, can hear from your feedback? Thanks.

if u install instant heater, he can charge u more for installation and electrical point. more revenue for him.

you might want to dump the irresponsible/unethical ID as he is simply bullsh1tting due to his lack of knowledge or simply want to chop more money out from you.

Truth: it never took more than 15seconds to feel hot water when i am using the shower.

I was told this as well , that it took 10mins or so for the water to be warm, and heard very different feedbacks about whether is this true.... are there any other alternatives available?

also, anyone know whether does the rainshower head rust easily? i went a few hotels overseas and those with such showerheads are always rusty...

Hmm if still want to use the hot n cold pipes(mixer tap) provided by HDB(BTO),need to use storage tank.If wanna use electric heater,need to change the mixer as pressure wud be low.

It does take some time for CityGas to come,if problem with the gas heater. They go by appt.

"Went to 1 ID firm last nite, being advise to us for considering installing either elect heater/storage heater because city gas water heater sometimes took abt 10-15mins for it to have hot/warm water upon turning on the tap. Is it true? Because i don't get to see from citygas website stated how long does it takes to have warm/hot water after turning on the tap. Any kind soul that has installed, can hear from your feedback? Thanks."

I was told this as well , that it took 10mins or so for the water to be warm, and heard very different feedbacks about whether is this true.... are there any other alternatives available?

also, anyone know whether does the rainshower head rust easily? i went a few hotels overseas and those with such showerheads are always rusty..

i got a macro gas heater. very happy with the purchase. it do take a bit of time for the hot water to reach the outlet but certainly not 10-15mins. i used to have a electric multi point heater, that take way longer than my current gas heater. do note the distance of the water pipe from your gas heater to the outlet, the longer your pipe, the longer it take for the heated water to reach you.

no comment abt rainshower...