Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
Dr.Anarchy

Where Sell Cheapest Philips T5?

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

well if you ask a woman to go and buy osram for T5 and philips for E27, i think most probably i will get some nagging and end with "you go buy yourself"

so to make my life easier since I have philips E27 for my downlights, I just standardize all the bulbs to be from philips. :D

Edited by Dr.Anarchy

well if you ask a woman to go and buy osram for T5 and philips for E27, i think most probably i will get some nagging and end with "you go buy yourself"

ROFL....so funny. but u better not let the missus see this post....haha...

I ever heard somewhere that Philips T5 are the most consistent, i.e. when placed side by side in case of cove lightings, the color remains constant.

Cheapest from my opinion is from www.lightings.com.sg

where u heard from? cos i'll also be needing quite a number of T5s soon...

U want T5 is for light holder? If not philips u want it? If ok, can get it at $10 for one

Edited by Kumikotamago

U want T5 is for light holder? If not philips u want it? If ok, can get it at $10 for one

no , i need it with a light fitting. it's to be fitted in the top as well as the bottom of cabinets. sort of like cove lighting.

Just to share some insights I've learnt...different length of T5s operate in different voltage will result in a different tone of light even if the lamps are from the same manufracturer.

So take note for cove lightings, the length of T5s should be same as & when possible.

guess wat guys.....

i changed all the T5s in my original design to strips of LEDS. So much cooler and consumption is so much lower. difference in price, easily earn back in PUB bills over a period of 1yr or less.

if anybody wants the contacts for LED strips, gimme a buzz...

guess wat guys.....

i changed all the T5s in my original design to strips of LEDS. So much cooler and consumption is so much lower. difference in price, easily earn back in PUB bills over a period of 1yr or less.

brightness/luminance still same as before?

guess wat guys.....

This idea did cross my mind before; as to replace the T5 with LEDs instead;

I had a short discussion with one of the Besttech Lighting shop at IMM before;

True, LED is low on wattage, however if you put a 4 Feet T5 (phillip) of 28 Watts against a

4 feet of LEDs (assuming 1 LED consumes 1 Watt, and over a span of 4 Feet, there's 40 LED)

so theorically you are operating 40 Watt for the LEDs.

So at the end of the day it may not justify the cost savings afterall..

Is there any LED user to share? Do correct me if I'm wrong

Edited by dexufto

neubie:-

yes, brightness is exactly the same. the place i bought the LEDs frm had equivalents lined up next to the LEDs for u to compare. they also hooked the lights up to 2 meters to measure the wattage that the lights were consuming.

dexufto:-

good point. i forgot about tt one. A 1m strip of LEDs would have quite a number of little LED bulbs. I dunno hw much wattage they consume. But for downlights and fluorescent, LEDs are definitely way way lower in consumption. A typical halogen downlight would consume abt 35W. PLC would be 18W. Typical LED downlights will have either 3 or 4 LED bulbs in 1 downlight. Each LED bulb taking 0.5W, so max. is 2W. In that respect, LED downlight definitely still consumes much less.

as for fluorescent lighting, they had 2 set up. One using T8, another using LED bulbs. Again, with the watt-meter, the LED was consuming only one-quarter of what the T8 was consuming.

so depending on usage, LEDs might or might not save on PUB bills. But one also has to take into account replacement costs. LED bulbs have a much longer lifespan than any other type of bulbs popularly used now. Or at least that's what a lot of lighting ppl say.

neubie:-

yes, brightness is exactly the same. the place i bought the LEDs frm had equivalents lined up next to the LEDs for u to compare. they also hooked the lights up to 2 meters to measure the wattage that the lights were consuming.

dexufto:-

good point. i forgot about tt one. A 1m strip of LEDs would have quite a number of little LED bulbs. I dunno hw much wattage they consume. But for downlights and fluorescent, LEDs are definitely way way lower in consumption. A typical halogen downlight would consume abt 35W. PLC would be 18W. Typical LED downlights will have either 3 or 4 LED bulbs in 1 downlight. Each LED bulb taking 0.5W, so max. is 2W. In that respect, LED downlight definitely still consumes much less.

as for fluorescent lighting, they had 2 set up. One using T8, another using LED bulbs. Again, with the watt-meter, the LED was consuming only one-quarter of what the T8 was consuming.

so depending on usage, LEDs might or might not save on PUB bills. But one also has to take into account replacement costs. LED bulbs have a much longer lifespan than any other type of bulbs popularly used now. Or at least that's what a lot of lighting ppl say.

i think need to be clear about the power consumption of LEDs vs traditional lamps.

electrically one LED takes about 50mA at 2.5V to light up bright. multiply that together gives 125mW. that is the actual power consumption. multiply that by a string of 40 LEDs gives 5W of electrical consumption. looks good. however, need to consider the other factors like AC/DC converter efficiency and it's inherent consumption....

LED lights are more directional compared to normal bulbs which has a more omni-directional light output pattern. so, looking straight at a lighted LED shows extreme brightness, but looking sideways, light output falls quite a lot.

best to use some measurement tools like luminance meter to test the brightness (measured in candela per square meter (cd/m²) that is the most zhun...