Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
morningstar

Sliding Windows - 6 Panels Or 4 Panels?

Hi all, need your advice urgently.

Our contractor sourced sliding windows for us and installed it recently. To our horror, we realise that he has installed a 6 panels windows in our living room instead of 4. He had not asked for our preference and when I asked him if there is any decisions to make regarding windows, he say the designs are standard and no worries. I totally forgot that windows can have 6 panels n simply assume 4 panels like the rest of the bedrooms. Is it reasonable that we ask the contractor to change the windows to 4 panels?

But we are also mentally prepared that he's not going to change it for us FOC. So my next question is what's the pros of 6 panels vs 4 panels? We like 4 panels cos the windows look nicer when it's bigger. Sigh, hope to hear some comments here. Thanks in advance!

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation
Hi all, need your advice urgently.

Our contractor sourced sliding windows for us and installed it recently. To our horror, we realise that he has installed a 6 panels windows in our living room instead of 4. He had not asked for our preference and when I asked him if there is any decisions to make regarding windows, he say the designs are standard and no worries. I totally forgot that windows can have 6 panels n simply assume 4 panels like the rest of the bedrooms. Is it reasonable that we ask the contractor to change the windows to 4 panels?

But we are also mentally prepared that he's not going to change it for us FOC. So my next question is what's the pros of 6 panels vs 4 panels? We like 4 panels cos the windows look nicer when it's bigger. Sigh, hope to hear some comments here. Thanks in advance!

It's sliding windows right? So when it is fully opened, u get a bigger opening than a 4 panel sliding. Just that the track is thicker :)

It's sliding windows right? So when it is fully opened, u get a bigger opening than a 4 panel sliding. Just that the track is thicker :)

Yes, its sliding windows... Our contractor came back and says he forgot to inform us that its 6 panels windows and he is ok to change it back to 4 panels for us if we dun like it. But I think we'll just stick to it since we get more wind from 6 panels. Thanks! =)