Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
steelze

Sims Drive 5i

Even if the third party give free I oso dare not allow them cos of the reasons stated earlier.

Gotta get this correct. Opennet does the physical installation of the TP n running of optic cables into ur hse. Rsp like m1/Starhub/Singtel only does the installation of ONT n RG nia. Upon commissioning, u subscribe to any Rsp, then wait up to two weeks before the Rsp sent their appointed vendor (eg Nucleus Connect) to come ur hse install the ONT n RG.

I called opennet n they said my backend testing is in progress now n shd be receiving notification telling me I can subscribe to the fiber services liao... :D

my area can start using liao, but the optic fibre plans are more expensive and so i find not worth the money... anyway i don't play game or stream videos etc, dun need very high internet speed :P

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request
my area can start using liao, but the optic fibre plans are more expensive and so i find not worth the money... anyway i don't play game or stream videos etc, dun need very high internet speed :P

If u considering Singtel exxstream, yes, more exp than current adsl/mol packages. M1 is offering cheaper fiber packages than the other two ISPs since m1 dun have market share in fixed broadband so their pricing is more attractive…

If u considering Singtel exxstream, yes, more exp than current adsl/mol packages. M1 is offering cheaper fiber packages than the other two ISPs since m1 dun have market share in fixed broadband so their pricing is more attractive…

yup yup... but i am just using the cheapest plan from starhub now la... and still good enough for me~ :P will only think about it when my contract expires next year/ end of this year :lol:

yup yup... but i am just using the cheapest plan from starhub now la... and still good enough for me~ :P will only think about it when my contract expires next year/ end of this year :lol:

hmm, ok. i will probably go for m1 100mbps optic fiber plan. any ideas what modem /router will they rent /issue us? or i need to get my own router from outside?

[slanted laminate flooring in common bedroom 2]

Earlier in my blog i mentioned about the slanted walls in this bedroom resulted in slanted laminate flooring.

Apparantly, the walls are fine. The truth is: it is the HDB original door frame that is slanted. As such, worker used it as reference point and resulted in all the floor panels to be slanted 80 degree to the wall.

After much complain, ID agreed to re-do the flooring for us and this time round, he will place them perpendicular to the 2 long walls, instead of parallel to the door frame which is slanted.

Doing so, at least the only slanted floor panel will be at the door frame area which can be easily covered by a door mat. =)

But re-do work will only start next Tuesday, 18-Jan-11 as he said my laminate is out of stock. This leads to a delay in my wardrobe installation too. But ID said we can move in first, since that room is vacant anyway.

Living room feature wall cum tv console

IMG_1851.jpg

Tall cabinet for oven and microwave

IMG_1855.jpg

Niceeeeeeee.... Called my id and praised him for the good progress. Hope he can keep it up till handover date next Wednesday.

your cabinet colors are very nice:) :good:

hi jesslyntan, thanks for the kind words.

i have read your t-blog few weeks ago. it kept me occupied for nealy 2 days to finish the entire story. i hope all goes well for u now.

hi jesslyntan, thanks for the kind words.

i have read your t-blog few weeks ago. it kept me occupied for nealy 2 days to finish the entire story. i hope all goes well for u now.

Thank u steelze,

I'm very happy today,wait almost 1 year,worker are start doing my cabinet now,

will update photos soon :dancingqueen:

Thank u steelze,

I'm very happy today,wait almost 1 year,worker are start doing my cabinet now,

will update photos soon :dancingqueen:

good to hear that! i briefly understand jaskel is the one serving you right? he is quite onz ah. always see him posting clients' reno progress online for them to view de. my id bo chup internet one i guess. haha..

Headboard DIY

Reno is completing soon. Meaning, my DIY session is starting soon.

In my masterbed room, the area where my bed is placed has an 8 inches beam protruding out on the ceiling. According to some Fengshui threads that I have read, a protruding beam which lies above your head can result the couples to be proned to injuries and health problems.

Our solution is to create a half height partition board from floor which will also be used as my bed head board. Now the challenge is how are we going to design this boring partition board into a nice headboard.

Some ideas found online:

1190_autumn-quadra-headboard.large.jpg

DIY%20Headboard.jpg

Will be heading down to PS Spotlight this weekend as there is a sale going on. Hopefully we can get some cushion and fabric from there to start our small DIY project.

Anyone has any ideas or experiences to share, please feel free to advise! Many thanks!

Edited by steelze

Week 7 - Carpentry

More progress update on carpentry...

Kitchen cabinet - 80% (left stove & solid top)

IMG_1879.jpg

IMG_1882.jpg

Masterbed room Alumix Sliding wardrobe - 100% done

IMG_1883.jpg

son's bedroom casement wardrobe - 100%

IMG_1886.jpg

IMG_1887.jpg

gotta said that i am really impressed with my id's carpentry work. hope he will continue the good work for the remaining wardrobes (common room #3 and study room). counting down to HO and move-in date soon!!! wife and maid already packed our stuff in our rented place. exciting!! :D

Edited by steelze

hey there.

I think you need a wood frame, foam, fabric and stapler gun to DIY your headboard. From what I see I don't think it's too difficult. I'll show you my contractor's poorly made ones. I'm sure you can do better.

5351693720_864f2b984d.jpg

5351694416_f098cb5ccd.jpg

To fix it to the wall you need two pieces of wood... and then slot the headboard in. Something like that.

5349058924_777e7fcc4f.jpg

hey there.

I think you need a wood frame, foam, fabric and stapler gun to DIY your headboard. From what I see I don't think it's too difficult. I'll show you my contractor's poorly made ones. I'm sure you can do better.

To fix it to the wall you need two pieces of wood... and then slot the headboard in. Something like that.

Hihi Jan. Yeap, I read abt ur headboard story in ur blog. So u accepted tt headboard? Think $900 for it too exp. My I'd quoted me ard $450+, but I still find it exp.

Ur photos sure come handy to me as reference. Thanks!