Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
fuji_apple74

Our 20k+ Makeover

Today is the 8th day of our reno progress, as mentioned above, the wall & floor tiles as well as wash basin, wc of the common toilet #1 (downstairs) and mbr toilet and kitchen are done. Painting for the bedrooms, living room, balcony are also done last week.

This week, contractor will be hacking & laying common toilet #2 (upstairs) and installing of kitchen cabinets, windows, bi-fold doors etc. Painting work for the door frame, study room and touch up will also be done this week. Most of the re-wiring are done yesterday.

All goods purchased are delivered. Have 1 light bulb that is broken and need to go down to Extreme to exchange. Need to purchase a 25 litres Joven Storage Heater too. Called Poh Joo up yesterday to ask if they can deliver today, the girl (who attended to us when we went there to purchase the toilet stuff) supposed to call us back to confirm but until now, no sound no sight... think she has already earned enough from our purchase? hahaha... So decided to go to *spam to get the storage heater, although *spam quoted $5 more, but that's ok... service is more important.

The Fanco FF9 ceiling fan is very good! Cooling even at the lowest speed and the lights are very bright too!

Oh, btw, Town Council guy came up to our house yesterday and said that someone complaint we are dirtying the corridor and lift area. Ask the TC guy to call ID instead. Within 1 hr, 2 banga were sent to come and clear the mess from the ID... hahaha.

Although yesterday was only hacking of 1 toilet, but feel that it is even messier than compared to last week's when they hacked the kitchen and 2 toilets... maybe we already feel tired and not as excited as 1 week ago bah...

Overall, feel very tired now and hope the reno can be completed asap. It is especially tiring when we are still staying in the house. We got to clean up the mess (dirt, dust, rubbish etc) at the end of the day after the contractors have left.

Will post more photos later.

Edited by fuji_apple74

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation
Today is the 8th day of our reno progress, as mentioned above, the wall & floor tiles as well as wash basin, wc of the common toilet #1 (downstairs) and mbr toilet and kitchen are done. Painting for the bedrooms, living room, balcony are also done last week.

This week, contractor will be hacking & laying common toilet #2 (upstairs) and installing of kitchen cabinets, windows, bi-fold doors etc. Painting work for the door frame, study room and touch up will also be done this week. Most of the re-wiring are done yesterday.

All goods purchased are delivered. Have 1 light bulb that is broken and need to go down to Extreme to exchange. Need to purchase a 25 litres Joven Storage Heater too. Called Poh Joo up yesterday to ask if they can deliver today, the girl (who attended to us when we went there to purchase the toilet stuff) supposed to call us back to confirm but until now, no sound no sight... think she has already earned enough from our purchase? hahaha... So decided to go to *spam to get the storage heater, although *spam quoted $5 more, but that's ok... service is more important.

The Fanco FF9 ceiling fan is very good! Cooling even at the lowest speed and the lights are very bright too!

Oh, btw, Town Council guy came up to our house yesterday and said that someone complaint we are dirtying the corridor and lift area. Ask the TC guy to call ID instead. Within 1 hr, 2 banga were sent to come and clear the mess from the ID... hahaha.

Although yesterday was only hacking of 1 toilet, but feel that it is even messier than compared to last week's when they hacked the kitchen and 2 toilets... maybe we already feel tired and not as excited as 1 week ago bah...

Overall, feel very tired now and hope the reno can be completed asap. It is especially tiring when we are still staying in the house. We got to clean up the mess (dirt, dust, rubbish etc) at the end of the day after the contractors have left.

Will post more photos later.

I can only imagine how unpleasant it must be to live there while the reno is going on. How do you deal with the dust and the mess?

Yes, it is indeed very stress. Now my wife and I are experiencing it. Have more days to go. Have only completed a bit. We can really understand your situation. All the best

yeo99, thanks and all the best to you too!

Some updates:

1) All tiling jobs will be completed by today.

2) Kitchen cabinets to be installed, latest by Saturday. Measurement of table top & backsplash to be done on the same day and installed about 3 days later.

3) Toilet accessories, WC, storage heater to be installed tomorrow.

4) General cleaning of the entire house tomorrow.

5) Painting touch up tomorrow.

So hopefully by next weekend, our reno will be completed and then we will be out to hunt for new sofa, chair & bookshelves for study room etc

I can only imagine how unpleasant it must be to live there while the reno is going on. How do you deal with the dust and the mess?

Mess - not that obvious, things that we need, we moved them to one of the bedroom. things we dont need, throw away. Only mess around is the tiles and bought items yet to be installed, they are all stuffed at one empty corner of the house.

Dust - contractor will clean up for us everyday at the end of his work. We also clean up after they left.

Mess - not that obvious, things that we need, we moved them to one of the bedroom. things we dont need, throw away. Only mess around is the tiles and bought items yet to be installed, they are all stuffed at one empty corner of the house.

Dust - contractor will clean up for us everyday at the end of his work. We also clean up after they left.

It is the cement dirt that is the worst. They are so easily fly around and difficult to clean. I also clean up after I reach home from work, tired .....

It is definitely not-adviseable to do renovation when you are living in unless there is no choice.

Hihi... finally it's my turn to pen down my reno progress.

Our reno has started on 18 Oct 2010. This was much less expected as we have never really plan on doing any reno at all. To justify on this statement, we even changed our aircon just 3 months back!!!

Anyway, we have been staying in this EM for 10 years (wow... time files...), when we moved in that time, we only did some minor touch up like painting, changing WC, buy furniture etc, the rest are all inherited from the previous owner. All in all, I think if I remembered correctly, we only spent about 5K then, including the purchase of furniture... hahaha... 20K is like... 4x the amount lor :P

Will update again with photos soon.

Hi fuji_apple74, i like your toilet. :) where do you stay when the renovation is in progress? Usually renovation takes about 1 month, where do you keep your TV, expensive items?

Edited by buibui

Hi fuji_apple74, i like your toilet. :) where do you stay when the renovation is in progress? Usually renovation takes about 1 month, where do you keep your TV, expensive items?

Initially we only choose the lighter tile for the wall, our ID helped us select the darker one behind the WC... hahaha...

we still stay in the house during reno, expensive stuff we locked up in one of the bedrooms. tv, sofa etc were covered by large plastic sheets provided by ID.

Updates: reno 95% completed.

Kitchen cabinet is finally up, table top installed, only left with the backsplash glass (measurement taken today) and some plumbing work.

73079_452757629142_743589142_5476397_264

76883_452757739142_743589142_5476401_325

39579_452757829142_743589142_5476405_340

34394_452757874142_743589142_5476407_611

Wow! nice cabinets.

Please continue to post some pictures. Thanks

Wow! nice cabinets.

Please continue to post some pictures. Thanks

YEa, agreed. u have nice colour combi for kitchen cabinets. can check with whether those internal dish tray /racks were provided by ur ID, or purchased urself and ask the carpenter to install?

YEa, agreed. u have nice colour combi for kitchen cabinets. can check with whether those internal dish tray /racks were provided by ur ID, or purchased urself and ask the carpenter to install?

all dish tray and racks are provided by ID :)