Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
nokomis

Renovation Works

I'm looking for tiles for kitchen, bathrooms, car pouch & Marble for living & dinning. Planning to visit White horse but saw some negative comments. Besides Soon Bee Huat & Hafary, any other reputable tile supplier?

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation
Hi Livingstyle, you are right that few IDs are proficient in landed houses that touches on structural works. Eg. This is especially true for older houses where there are steps within the houses. Some owners wish to make the flooring flat and the contractor started hacking, not knowing that the ground structures below the tiles could be damaged. In short, other than superficial hacking of the flooring such as replacing tiles or overlaying tiles, it may be useful to seek PE's help to plan more extensive renovation.

I did not engage a PE but i had a civil engineer friend to look through. We had also studied the BCA plans in details before proceeding with each of the works. It is actually not too difficult to figure out the drawings after spending some time on it. In fact, we had arrived at the same conclusion as my civil engineer friend. Even for flooring, hacking it does require some knowledge on how much to hack. Too little or too much is not good.

White Horse has a very wide selection of homogeneous tiles and stone wall tiles. Besides white horse tiles, the tiles from other tile shops may also suffer from slight mis-alignment. If you get tiles from any shop, white horse or others, it is safer to check whether the tiles can be replaced FOC inclusive of delivery if there were mis-alignment of the tiles.

I feel that it is a pity to hack away granite tile to replace with homogeneous tiles, if the granite tiles are still in a good condition. If you are using large pieces of homogeneous tiles, you may want to check for uneven surface especially at the sides of the tile. There is usually no warranty of replacement for uneveness maybe because quite a lot of large homogeneous tiles suffer from this issue.

So far no issues with the floor tiles. We tried to select European tiles particularly for flooring thought it's cost more. There is a stretch of tiles shop along balestier.

Edited by Livinstyle

I'm looking for tiles for kitchen, bathrooms, car pouch & Marble for living & dinning. Planning to visit White horse but saw some negative comments. Besides Soon Bee Huat & Hafary, any other reputable tile supplier?

Check out Rice Fields. http://www.rice-fields.com/portfolio.html

They have some very good quality italian tiles and they look really amazing. They are a bit more expensive but certainly no issues with quality as all the major hotels and higher end condos use them. Some of their tiles cost more than marble though :-)

Edited by kardtoon

I will be meeting all the contractors in the next few days to make things more consistent I will be telling all of them the same requirement after which i will silently hear what they have to suggest. Most important we as home owners need to be comfortable with the people we are going to work with.

Once I have finalise the contractors I will put down all their names and contact.

PS - Wow cutting down three trees cost you about 1k, next time you have tree to cut let me know...lol The quote I have receive from my contractor is about $320 to cut and dispose of all three trees. (Each tree is more than 12ft)

hello techwizard, can you PM me the contact to cut tree? i have one mango tree to cut.

this thread is super helpful esp. when i m trying to find out more abt hacking the living room tiles and replacing with new ones.

Can share with me the cost to do the living room tiling work and the regrind of parquet flooring on 2nd and 3rd floor.

Thanks a million

We've just purchased a corner terrace and are making our first stabs at costing a renovation. The house is about 3800sf on three storeys. We want to do the following:

• Replace the kitchen with something more modern. Involves hacking out one wall; not moving any water. Can we do this for 25k or thereabouts?
  • Retiling four bathrooms and replacing fixtures
  • Repainting entire interior
  • Removing about 25 window grills
  • Refinishing wooden floors on first and second storeys
  • Adding wooden decks to front and rear of house

Any rough idea what this sort of work this costs and how long it might take? Also, I've worked in the building trade so have a solid idea about what we want. I can project manage this, but is that the best way to go?

Thanks in advance for any advice you can offer.

If you are free and familiar then you do it yourselve, otherwise please get urself contractor or id. Trust me, renovating is a tiring job, i tried before for my place, so stress !

We've just purchased a corner terrace and are making our first stabs at costing a renovation. The house is about 3800sf on three storeys. We want to do the following:

• Replace the kitchen with something more modern. Involves hacking out one wall; not moving any water. Can we do this for 25k or thereabouts?
      • Retiling four bathrooms and replacing fixtures
      • Repainting entire interior
      • Removing about 25 window grills
      • Refinishing wooden floors on first and second storeys
      • Adding wooden decks to front and rear of house

Any rough idea what this sort of work this costs and how long it might take? Also, I've worked in the building trade so have a solid idea about what we want. I can project manage this, but is that the best way to go?

Thanks in advance for any advice you can offer.

For refinishing wooden floors and add wooden decks, i would recommend this guy named Mr Ng. I just did a timber flooring and decking at my house under his service. He not just provide great customer service, His workers also provides great workmanship. My timber flooring and decks was already 2 years and still in good condition. Can give it a shot

Looking for a painting contractor to paint 8 blocks of Condominium units at Pasir Ris.in 1st Qtr of 2015.

Painting to include Car Parks, Pool deck, Perimeter Walls, Gates, lift cabins and others.

There is also other works liker relocation of water features, Removal of Jacuzzi and relaying of Ramin deck,and the installation of extra taps in the garden area.

Please contact 96332101 Tang if you can handle this job for a discussion and walk around for a quotation.

Ref - Painting Works & Waterproofing Works

When you next consider your arrangements for all kinds of Internal & External Building Upgrading works or Maintenance works like-

Painting

o Internal & External Painting

o Epoxy Coating/Self Leveling Screed

o Special Effects Decorative Painting

o Waterproof & Weatherproof Coating

o Sigmulto

o Rockstone Spray Painting

o Roof Coating

o Marbletex Spray Painting

o Aluminum Cladding & Window Spray Painting

Upgrading and A & A Works

o Plumbing Works

o Carpeting

o Electrical Works

o Ceramic Tiling

o Gutter Works

o Landscape Works

o Air-Conditioning

o Fencing

o Awning

o High Rise Glass & Aluminum Cladding

Complete Waterproofing System and Roof Leakage Solutions

o Leakage, seepage & dampness Repair

o Polyurethane Grouting (P.U)

o Epoxy Resin Injection

o Flooring and Plastering Hollowness

o Grouting

o Spalling Concrete

o Waterproofing Membrane

o Tiled roof waterproofing and changing roof tiles.

Cleaning Works

o High Rise Glass/Cladding Cleaning

With our vast exposure and experience in this field, we are in a position to offer you a wide spectrum of services and products for a very competitive price without compromising the quality of service.

For non obligatory quotation please feel free to call me -any time :

Mr.Abdul Razak H/P no. 82320679

Email - starlight.abdul@gmail.com

Thanks & Regards to All

Edited by Paintingstar

Guest April Lim

Hi! You can try to enquire Meng Interior Design and look for Charlie. Office number is 6487 1101 you can also go over and see the showroom. :)