Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
millienium_bear

Ikea Home Delivery

Hi,

my friend told me dat the ikea can offer free home delivery if the total is $200 and above.

but i read their policy, stating that the home delivery is separated frm the total purchase n needs to pay $50 onwards...

i am not sure abt it... can enlighten me please?

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request
Hi,

my friend told me dat the ikea can offer free home delivery if the total is $200 and above.

but i read their policy, stating that the home delivery is separated frm the total purchase n needs to pay $50 onwards...

i am not sure abt it... can enlighten me please?

I can confirm Ikea got no free delivery as I have just asked them last Saturday when I was there.

Yes need to pay, last time long ...long time ... yes dun need.

I like their assembly cost, small% of the purchase price. I order them and delivery at 1 time + assembly. I even pay for the screw mounting of book rack to the wall. Such a breeze :)

I just use their home delivery service on Aug this yr

purchase < $300 , delivery cost $50

purchase > $300 , delivery cost $55

Regardless how many item. Base on the receipt.

wow need to pay now ? 3 years back when i bought from alexander branch, > $300, FOC. but i know then that tampines need to pay cos 2 diff logistics coy doing the delivery, now even alexander need to pay ah?

wow need to pay now ? 3 years back when i bought from alexander branch, > $300, FOC. but i know then that tampines need to pay cos 2 diff logistics coy doing the delivery, now even alexander need to pay ah?

Yea, even Alexander branch, need to pay since quite long ago liao. we just bought $1k+ of stuff from Alexander branch and paid $55 for delivery.

both Tampines and Alexander using the same logistic co (Poh Tiong Choon) as of last i saw.

It's worth it to get their delivery if u r buying bulky items. I even pay them to assemble the items. If I assemble myself would take hours....

Cannonsiao, are you able to share how much are the assembly charges? based on per item?

Yeah, few years ago as long as exceed a certain amount theres free delivery, just go to the enquiry counter and order the stuff....

But now its self-service, even for bulky items the consumer needs to carry it to the cashier to checkout and then carry to the delivery counter, feels like they have "outsourced" the delivery or separated the operations

Based on percentage:

http://www.ikea.com.sg/en/service/store-se...ry-assembly.asp

Has anybody here on RT had any feedbacks about their kitchen cabinets?

I was told that delivery fees apply for kitchen cabinets... And they charge fees for installation of kitchen cabinets too. cannot believe it :( Becox I didn't thin that I could build up my own cabinet & get it installed... oh gosh.

Has anybody here on RT had any feedbacks about their kitchen cabinets?

I was told that delivery fees apply for kitchen cabinets... And they charge fees for installation of kitchen cabinets too. cannot believe it :( Becox I didn't thin that I could build up my own cabinet & get it installed... oh gosh.

techincally, they charge delivery and installation for everything. :) not just kitchen cabinets.

done my maths before, better to get carpenter to do the cabinets. IKEAs' seem cheap at first glance only.

I counted before based on my kitchen cabinets of bottom -> 2.9m.

i assumed that i would be carrying and installing myself, but IKEA's - after throwing in drawers and slides are not much different from the pricing of a direct carpenter.

Hi gimz63251073,

Thanks for sharing & advising.

We're not making any alteration works e.g. relocation of power points or gas point. At least when there are any water leakages, it could be detected straight away if it's not covered by cabinets. But of course, the kitchen wouldn't look stylish & nice.

We'll retain the cemented kitchen stove tiled by HDB 15 years ago as that's the most durable. Would just be installing the cabinets on our own wherever it fits. But like what u said, it's not cheap... ;)

techincally, they charge delivery and installation for everything. :) not just kitchen cabinets.

done my maths before, better to get carpenter to do the cabinets. IKEAs' seem cheap at first glance only.

I counted before based on my kitchen cabinets of bottom -> 2.9m.

i assumed that i would be carrying and installing myself, but IKEA's - after throwing in drawers and slides are not much different from the pricing of a direct carpenter.

Hi gimz63251073,

Thanks for sharing & advising.

We're not making any alteration works e.g. relocation of power points or gas point. At least when there are any water leakages, it could be detected straight away if it's not covered by cabinets. But of course, the kitchen wouldn't look stylish & nice.

We'll retain the cemented kitchen stove tiled by HDB 15 years ago as that's the most durable. Would just be installing the cabinets on our own wherever it fits. But like what u said, it's not cheap... ;)

:) please post some pics of your process/products if its possible. Sounds like a fun project!

ok no prob but still haven't done anything yet ...

My hubby wants to play the hero in installing on his own... duno whether reliable or not... jux hope those hanging cabinets don't come crashing down.