Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
RenoJoy

What Do You Think Of Putting Deposits

Hi hi ... newbie here. :P

Was googling for more info on a particular furniture shop when I chanced upon this forum.

Got a question. What do you think of placing DEPOSITS with the furniture shop? for something which you will only get to use it like 1 or 2 years down the road depending on the TOP of your place?

I was told that prices of stuff will increase, hardly decrease. GST might increase etc....

So was advised to put a deposit.

Which of us in sane mind would do that?

If so, why?? Please enlighten me. :(

Edited by RenoJoy

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

Was googling for more info on a particular furniture shop when I chanced upon this forum.

Got a question. What do you think of placing DEPOSITS with the furniture shop? for something which you will only get to use it like 1 or 2 years down the road depending on the TOP of your place?

I was told that prices of stuff will increase, hardly decrease. GST might increase etc....

Please dun do that....as after 1-2 years time, there will be new and nicer design coming up. Moreover, you are still unsure what kinda of design that you wan for your house.

Moreover, u will not know if the shop will go bursted!!!

what for?

designer furniture?

Collection furniture?

If Designer pass away "touch wood", his/her pcs of works will increase price?

Definitely not. I'm sure the only person that advise you to put a deposit was the salesperson......and she/he has only your best interest at heart............not.

Definitely not. I'm sure the only person that advise you to put a deposit was the salesperson......and she/he has only your best interest at heart............not.

got to be kidding. like the previous replies say.. designs always would change. your choices also would change. moreover, even if you say that the price of furniture would always increase. you need to see what you can do within this 2 years with that $.

if within these 2 years, the market really pick up etc etc.. got good investment opportunities, you can easily make back that difference.

got to be kidding. like the previous replies say.. designs always would change. your choices also would change. moreover, even if you say that the price of furniture would always increase. you need to see what you can do within this 2 years with that $.

if within these 2 years, the market really pick up etc etc.. got good investment opportunities, you can easily make back that difference.

True.... Designs wud change and prolly u might have a diff concept on ur home by then.. DONT PAY THE DEPOSIT.. Even with all the increase price, there are bound to be sales elsewhere.. That sales staff is juz trying to earn comm... That's all....