Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
knightskid

Looking For Contractor For 5-rm

Has been reading the forum for quite some time and knew abt ppl do a self advertise.

Anyway, i and my wife had just bought our love nest. Currently, i have come out with a rough idea of how it should look like and did a simple design using the interior design free software.

By the way, I did went to 3 id firm and the quotation for the whole hse reno will cost likely 40k. So thinking whether if i go thru using contractor, will it be much more cheaper, maybe 1/2 of the price quote from id firm???

If so, any of you have contractor contact, do post in the thread.

Thanks.

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation
Has been reading the forum for quite some time and knew abt ppl do a self advertise.

Anyway, i and my wife had just bought our love nest. Currently, i have come out with a rough idea of how it should look like and did a simple design using the interior design free software.

By the way, I did went to 3 id firm and the quotation for the whole hse reno will cost likely 40k. So thinking whether if i go thru using contractor, will it be much more cheaper, maybe 1/2 of the price quote from id firm???

Thanks.

Hi Knightskid, PM me if you want a contact for contractor.

Regards,

Thanks.

Hi, congrats to getting a new home. You can pm me for my contractor/id details if you like. Think he's quite ok. You can view my home in my signature.

Thanks.

Hi knightskid,

I am in the same situation as you. Just purchased a 5room hdb unit, went to 3 ID firms... their quotation is quite high... about 50k (without gst). Are you doing a full scale reno? or you retaining some part of the unit like tiles, bedroom cabinet etc? Your 40k seems like a good range for us... do you mind share how is the quotation like?

Tks!! :)

Thanks.

Your initial quote is probably going to be S$25 to S$30K, I guess. I've got a few person who PM after reading my own experience and my posts in the forum, and the contractor I recommended gave them a better price. Some still went along with ID for various reasons except cost, but most eventually used a contractor.

Your initial quote is probably going to be S$25 to S$30K, I guess. I've got a few person who PM after reading my own experience and my posts in the forum, and the contractor I recommended gave them a better price. Some still went along with ID for various reasons except cost, but most eventually used a contractor.

U are right. Initially my budget set at 20k plus for doing kitchen, 2 bathroom, 2 built-in cabinet n feature wall plus window. But the quote given to me was 34k, and if want to do up flooring for living rm n bedroom,add 7k....end up quotation is 40k plus. But I believes need to buffer another 10-20% more cos sure hv lots of hidden things...

Hi knightskid,

I am in the same situation as you. Just purchased a 5room hdb unit, went to 3 ID firms... their quotation is quite high... about 50k (without gst). Are you doing a full scale reno? or you retaining some part of the unit like tiles, bedroom cabinet etc? Your 40k seems like a good range for us... do you mind share how is the quotation like?

Tks!! :)

I am thinking of doing a full Reno but the flooring is quite good, just that the color a bit dark n ceramics tiles is of small types. I think eventually will do a full Reno becos I dun want end up the hse looks ugly by the floor tiles.

My quotation i got is without gust becos the Id will absorb.

Btw, shall post the quotation breakdown on coming weekend as so far I only got 1 quotation given to me by one of the id firm, then 1 quotation was do it on the spot which dun allows us to take, and another quotation will be ready by tis sat.

Wodering whether can just pay to engage interior designer to come with the design and then ownself look for its own main contractor.....

Anyone have experience before? Thanks.

pls pm contractor contacts to me

Thanks.

pls pm me contractor contacts

I am thinking of doing a full Reno but the flooring is quite good, just that the color a bit dark n ceramics tiles is of small types. I think eventually will do a full Reno becos I dun want end up the hse looks ugly by the floor tiles.

My quotation i got is without gust becos the Id will absorb.

Btw, shall post the quotation breakdown on coming weekend as so far I only got 1 quotation given to me by one of the id firm, then 1 quotation was do it on the spot which dun allows us to take, and another quotation will be ready by tis sat.

actually if you're concerned about the budget, maybe you can tell the ID to help you think of ways to incorporate the tiles into a good design? isn't that what they're there for? to solve problems? :rolleyes: for my case, i didn't like one of the kitchen wall because the previous owner use small mosaics. but since i don't have the budget to redo everything, my ID actually proposed a small "bar/breakfast table" thing that uses mosaics too.. and surprisingly it looks good!

After reading the forum for a few days.

I realise something abt IDs and Contractor.

Pros and Cons of IDs

Pros:

Supposedly minimise mistakes and overseeing whole reno process.

Advise owner on designs and accessories.

A advisor who also bao-ga-liao everything including liasing with city gas and solving problems when owners are busy working.

Cons:

Higher-price?

If id dont liase for you, you are your OWN supervisor. :(

Have to click with you, if not weeks of troubles when renovation start.

Moral of the story: Engage IDs for lesser problems(hope so) but mostly i heard are better than contractors.

If you are totally clueless than what colour combination and layout and design you want for your house.

Thanks.

Just my 2 cents. :P

Wodering whether can just pay to engage interior designer to come with the design and then ownself look for its own main contractor.....

Anyone have experience before? Thanks.

If you are considering using ID, then you may want to also consider letting your ID do all the work with their contractors.

Thanks.

WOW $50k is a lot.

I did mine and is only abt 20K

For similiar items i get qouation from other ID firms as below min 35k-50k

Includes.

Balcony

Supply & fabricate L 3.5ft x W 1.5ft x H 8.5ft storage cabinet to conceal piping using laminate finish

Supply & construct outdoor Chengai wood decking (Total 100sqft)

Supply & construct L 4.5ft x W 2.5ft x H 7ft bird aviary c/w 10mm tempered glass, laminated backing &

sides, bottom pull out tray, 1 nos of door & roofing using laminate finish

Living

Supply & construct false ceiling c/w design (130sqft)

Supply & fabricate L 7ft x H 4ft suspended TV feature wall backing c/w light holder

Supply & fabricate L 7ft x D 1.5ft suspended TV console

Dining

Supply & fabricate L 7.5ft x D 1.5ft dining settee c/w 4ft cushion backing & seating using laminate finish

Supply & fabricate L 7.5ft x W 2ft dining table using laminate finish

Supply & fabricate L 6.5ft x W 1ft bench c/w cushion seating using laminate finish

Supply & install L 7.2ft x H 8.5ft mirror

Entrance area

Supply & fabricate L 3ft x H 8.5ft shoe cabinet c/w ABS trimming casement door using laminate finish

Master Bedroom

Supply & fabricate L 5.7ft x H 8.5ft bedhead c/w velvet finish & back cushion

Supply & fabricate 2 nos of L 1.5ft x W 1ft suspended bedside table using laminate finish

Supply & fabricate L 7ft x W 2ft TV console & L 5ft x W 2ft seating using laminate finish

Supply & fabricate L 8.7ft x W 2ft cushion at baywindow

Supply & fabricate King size bedframe with storage

Bedroom 2

Supply & fabricate L 5ft x W 1.5ft suspended TV console using laminate finish

Supply & install L 9.9ft x W 2ft top using laminate finish at baywindow

Bedroom 3

Supply & fabricate L 5ft x W 1.5ft suspended TV console using laminate finish

Supply & install L 9.6ft x W 2ft top using laminate finish at baywindow

Wardrobe area

Supply & fabricate L 3ft x W 1.5ft suspended table c/w glass top & checker box drawer

Supply & install L 3ft x H 3ft mirror & L 3ft x H 6ft backing c/w light holder using laminate finish

Supply & fabricate L 3.6ft x W 1.5ft x H 8.5ft wardrobe c/w L 0.6ft open shelving using laminate finish

Master toilet

Supply & fabricate L 6.6ft x H 3ft top storage cabinet c/w mirror doors & light holder using laminate finish

Common toilet

Supply & fabricate L 3ft suspended bottom cabinet using laminate finish

Others

Painting for whole house using Nippon emulsion

Supply & lay floor protection with corrugated paper / card-board during reno works

Debris removal services

General cleaning and acid wash upon completion 2 times