Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
edenstrauss

Tea Ceremony & Wedding Banquet Angpows

Hi folks,

One of my relatives is getting married next year. It is likely that I'll be invited for a tea ceremony where the bride & groom would serve us tea and a wedding banquet.

So how many times of angpow should I be giving? Some of my friends claimed that I should be giving 1 angpow for tea ceremony and another angpow for wedding banquet.

And for the tea ceremony, should my hubby & myself be giving 1 angpow (representing both me & my spouse) or should we be giving out the angpow separately i.e. altogether 2 angpows?

If we need to give angpows for both events, then what is the norm for the amount of $$ to be placed inside the angpows? Same amount or the tea ceremony should be a lesser amount?

p/s: In some family cultures, I had a shock when I had been told that we should be giving out angpow for tea ceremony only, no need to give angpow a second time during wedding banquet.

Edited by edenstrauss

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

Hi folks,

One of my relatives is getting married next year. It is likely that I'll be invited for a tea ceremony where the bride & groom would serve us tea and a wedding banquet.

So how many times of angpow should I be giving? Some of my friends claimed that I should be giving 1 angpow for tea ceremony and another angpow for wedding banquet.

And for the tea ceremony, should my hubby & myself be giving 1 angpow (representing both me & my spouse) or should we be giving out the angpow separately i.e. altogether 2 angpows?

If we need to give angpows for both events, then what is the norm for the amount of $$ to be placed inside the angpows? Same amount or the tea ceremony should be a lesser amount?

p/s: In some family cultures, I had a shock when I had been told that we should be giving out angpow for tea ceremony only, no need to give angpow a second time during wedding banquet.

one for tea ceremony , one for wedding banquet.

1 each.

If we need to give angpows for both events, then what is the norm for the amount of $ to be placed inside the angpows? Same amount or the tea ceremony should be a lesser amount?

What we did is..

tea ceremony,, a small sum with good number.. like 18 / 28

wedding banquet .. then the big sum

also had.. then u give a big one.

depend on the family

some family practice.. elder ang bao, young cannot take..

since you got lim tea, mean you are belong to the elder generation.

some family practice.. your ang bao will be belong to the parent.. depend you are related to men side or female side. Ur family got practise that or not?

some family practice.. elder ang bao, young cannot take..

since you got lim tea, mean you are belong to the elder generation.

some family practice.. your ang bao will be belong to the parent.. depend you are related to men side or female side. Ur family got practise that or not?

hi thanks for sharing your practices.

My side of family only give tea ceremony angpows & the big "bomb" comes from a gift registry. Meaning that the wedding invitation card would have a list of items e.g. washing machine, fridge, oven, plasma tv, hifi, etc attached & guests could either go down to the designated counters e.g. CK Tang to place the order. However, those appliances aren't cheap so sometimes relatives/ friends would just pool their financial resources together to buy an appliance from the registry. But that's provided that it's not been "booked" (bought) by other guests already.

On many ocassions, we would still wrap angpows because all the appliances which are still not "booked" yet are too expensive. :P

But we had 2 wedding invitations for these past 3 months. Another 3 more red cards are coming up. And for all, we have to drink tea... :)

uploading photographs of wedding favours for appreciation...

An assortment of wedding favours - cups, mini saucer, coaster (photo), poker cards, tea leaves scoop.

8656620641_2061fabee7_z.jpg

Edited by edenstrauss

One of my favourite wedding favours which I received a good 8 years ago after attending a wedding.

It's a pair of really dainty looking porcelain chopsticks holder.

Definitely oriental in nature, cute & auspicious in a pair.

I'm hoping that I get a pair of cute magnetic mini clogs one of these days. :jammin:

8657725102_056002e0fb.jpg

Flowers play an important role in our daily life. They bring beauty and joy to our lives. They can be used to express love, appreciation, and sympathy. Flowers can also be used to decorate special occasions such as weddings. If you're looking for a beautiful wedding venue in Dubai, check out https://dubaimatic.com/top-wedding-venues-in-dubai/ . You'll find some amazing venues that will make your special day even more special.