Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
gimz63251073

Height Of Shoe Cabinet / Rack

My parents have said its not good to store your shoes at a height above your head.

I asked around, some say they heard of this hear-say, most never hear before.

I am generally not a believer of such things, but am curious to find out how many people believe in this and how "no- good" is it?

You may want to consider a shoe-cum-display-cum-storage cabinet. The height of the shoe cabinet height must be below both the wife's and husband's chest level. Above the shoe cabinet will serve as a display platform for you to put your keys, decorative items, etc. And the space above the display platform will be a storage cabinet for your new shoes (not worn before) and other stuffs such as socks, bags, etc.

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation
uh nope, i not intending to get a built in stuff. Everything in my house is movable except for kitchen cabinets. Built in stuff restricts freedom...no good...

yeap shoe racks are unsightly, but i still need to keep my even more unsightly shoes... :(

as for "what goes around comes around"...i am generally not a believer in this. Not that i am going all out to do bad things, but i don't believe that "heaven" is so free to monitor each and everyone and to "issue punishment" out. :P Imagine a population of billions! how to monitor....

IMO, built-in furniture optimise space cos it uses the space from the floor to the ceiling... and the best thing is it doesn't collect dust on top of it :)

I don't think Heaven need to monitor each and everyone of us. IMO, when a person does a good and bad deed, the deed will be registered in his memory and shown in his arua. His arua will (indirectly) interact with others and the environment. If his arua is clean, he will attract good-minded people and good things. If his arua is dirty, he will attract bad-minded people and bad things as well (and that's when thing comes around and bad incident happens). As for the registered memory, it will be used as an evidence (a playback for Heaven) when it's time for a person to report.

I have personally experienced it many times. The other party usually get two or three folds if he tried to harm me.

Edited by CoffeeMan

all our neighbours have shoe rack outside house, and so far no one complains about missing shoes.

Furthermore, the condo cleaner will stack our shoes nice nice for every household whenever i return home.

As for expensive shoes, men usually don't have such. I told my wife not to keep shoe boxes inside the house too. I told her KEEP CASH , not SHOE BOX !!!

Condo premises have restricted access and no outsiders could enter that easily. U & ur condo neighbours pay for the security guard sitting at the main entrance leh...

So unless your condo neighbours or people who visit steal shoes, otherwise, ur shoes are alot safer than those outside flats.

But even for flats, not every estate will face such problems. Some residents left their doors & gates unlocked throughout the night or with housekeys stuck to the lock, door due to carelessness or forgetfulness, but nothing bad happened. Phew!

all our neighbours have shoe rack outside house, and so far no one complains about missing shoes.

Furthermore, the condo cleaner will stack our shoes nice nice for every household whenever i return home.

As for expensive shoes, men usually don't have such. I told my wife not to keep shoe boxes inside the house too. I told her KEEP CASH , not SHOE BOX !!!

Edited by edenstrauss

Yes, I agree u will have restrictions with built-in stuff & if u have intention to sell, the potential buyers might not like the style, concept & location of cabinets. If FS is a consideration, what works for one owner might not for another. And, reno cost is sunk cost - cannot get back.

But if u have built in cabinets under those extra spaces under the windows, u can store as many pairs of shoes & whatever unsightly "rubbish" in there :)

I always hide the extra stuff I bought (out of feminine impulse) in all those places... they r my hiding places :P

uh nope, i not intending to get a built in stuff. Everything in my house is movable except for kitchen cabinets. Built in stuff restricts freedom...no good...

yeap shoe racks are unsightly, but i still need to keep my even more unsightly shoes... :(

as for "what goes around comes around"...i am generally not a believer in this. Not that i am going all out to do bad things, but i don't believe that "heaven" is so free to monitor each and everyone and to "issue punishment" out. :P Imagine a population of billions! how to monitor....

IMO, built-in furniture optimise space cos it uses the space from the floor to the ceiling... and the best thing is it doesn't collect dust on top of it :)

I don't think Heaven need to monitor each and everyone of us. IMO, when a person does a good and bad deed, the deed will be registered in his memory and shown in his arua. His arua will (indirectly) interact with others and the environment. If his arua is clean, he will attract good-minded people and good things. If his arua is dirty, he will attract bad-minded people and bad things as well (and that's when thing comes around and bad incident happens). As for the registered memory, it will be used as an evidence (a playback for Heaven) when it's time for a person to report.

I have personally experienced it many times. The other party usually get two or three folds if he tried to harm me.

different view for me on built in. Too restrictive, my needs would change over time so i would keep the flexibility in shifting stuff around. Ah yes, no dust is added benefit. :)

on the aura? really? I can't feel my own aura really or other people's aura. Need to have special ability to do so..?

I cant really remember things that well, so i surely hope that my memories only contain good stuff! :)

Nowadays so hard to judge whether things are good or bad. Too many grey areas and good or bad can just a matter of perspective really.

My previous owner, shoe rack chest level, upper rack for umbrellla, keys, etc.

Everything swee swee. follow rules.

But wife run away with another man, divorce case :(

different view for me on built in. Too restrictive, my needs would change over time so i would keep the flexibility in shifting stuff around. Ah yes, no dust is added benefit. :)

on the aura? really? I can't feel my own aura really or other people's aura. Need to have special ability to do so..?

I cant really remember things that well, so i surely hope that my memories only contain good stuff! :)

Nowadays so hard to judge whether things are good or bad. Too many grey areas and good or bad can just a matter of perspective really.

Aura can be seen but not everyone can see it. You need to open the Third eye with a bit of training. You may not remember everything, but everything since childhood is stored in the right brain (subconscious mind) without you knowing :)

Agree with you that there are too many grey areas and it's hard to tell what are right and wrong. As long as the the set intentions are of good interest and actions do not harm others, then they are generally in good faith.

Comment: Let nature takes its course.

If one feels the "social norms,practices and pressure" are acting hard, just follow the norms and practices, so one will have less mental stress.

If one can "tahan" those "odd" "norms, practices and pressure" and prefer to have own ideas, please by all means. Simply one just needs to be responsible and face consequences for own's doings.

Much of religious beliefs have been, some how or rather, being incorporated into nowadays' fs philosophy, watch out.

To share: As my age's catching up, I realised I tend to "blend in" with the social norms. When young, very "tee kee" insisted own ways, knocked walls many times.

Edited by bepgof

I agree with bepgof :)

FS' YIN-YANG methodology is aligned to that of TCM's (traditional complementary medicine), which in TCM's case, got nothing to do with religion. So FS has nothing to do with religious beliefs & has been applied by many people of other races & religious beliefs. Nothing to do with superstitions.

Aside to gimz63251073, talking about mind power... u need not concern yourself too much with the aura thing. No need to play with fire in looking at all these abstract stuff.

Based on common sense: Nobody will want to deal with a person who has "sha-qi" or radiates negativity, which upon close observation skills, could be seen, felt by all ordinary humans. Some detect within minutes or seconds, others might make that detection only after sometime. And as the rule of thumb in promoting positivity in oneself says, avoid the negative to stay positive.

To put it simply in bite-size explanation: If your motivation in life is guided by kindness & wisdom (being kind, compassionate is not enough, u need to be intelligent (IQ, EQ) enough to avoid, divert problems/ disasters from urself), you will have the power to control your mind (i.e. adjust ur own mindsets to adapt to environment instead of expecting the environment to change to suit oneself) & have a positive mind culture - which is the essence for happiness & peace within oneself.

And when a person achieves a good mind culture, he/she will be free from external influences & mental disturbances (e.g. prolonged unhappiness & pent-up frustration, anger, jealousy which eventually lead on to depression, hallucinations, etc).

So for such people radiating positivity, FS isn't much of a concern anymore... Becox no impact on their mentalities.

(there is one You-Tube video clip on a mentally unsound lady shouting & screaming in the MRT train.)

I've come across those who goes against the FS principles within their houses, but being extremely kind with very high IQ, EQ, they are still surrounded by very good outcomes in life. So FS is not everything & one should not be excessively obsessed by it. So long as u feel comfortable with ur own home layouts, no need to care so much. :lol:

But for me, shoe racks piled right above my head makes me feel uncomfortable. So jux bring it down lor. It's as easy as that. :thumbs up:

Edited by edenstrauss

In older days tradition, the dead was always buried (入土为安). Everything on earth is above shoe level; only the dead is below shoe level. Thus, if your shoes are placed above your head and you are below your shoes level, it symbolizes death.

Edited by gemini

Wah lau eh......My office almost ground floor.....so many ppl walking shoe above me, jialat liao......I buried so deep

Wah lau eh......My office almost ground floor.....so many ppl walking shoe above me, jialat liao......I buried so deep

haha....very funny

Shoes 'on top' = get buried?

Tell you, no $ then no food 100% get buried!

Got shoe meaning got $, still alive, no bury.

Modern shoe cabinet looks like any elegant tall cabinet. As long as the shoes are not exposed, properly stored inside the cabinet, there is nothing to fret about. If it is exposed type, just cover it up. Usually it is psychological effect that influence us.