Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
reglxt

Our Cosy Little House

sigh..

ya i decided to change all the round down light to small led lighting..

the sales man @ the lighting shop told me this is the appropriate size for hdb $%^$#^@@$$!

i did so many changes.. repainted the whole house .. cos i chose lily white initially.. in the end, turns out very yellowish..

cant take it and requested E to repaint to white.. guess white definitely safest

there is this range of clipsal switches .. very nice IMO and cheaper than the LED switches

http://ebarbequ.com/wp-content/uploads/2008/12/2.jpg

by the way, i heard they are tearing down ECP Macdonald's and all the shops at that area *SAD*

you went back to the same lighting shop? the salesperson didn't inform you about the size initially?

i wanted to paint my whole house white also but was afraid of having hand prints on them easily. lol

i still like the led switches :x but not really suitable for my unit since the boxes are exposed. need those concealed type like yours to really make it nice :dribble:

they are tearing the mac area? i thought they are gonna tear the area around sushi tei, carl's jr etc.

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation
you went back to the same lighting shop? the salesperson didn't inform you about the size initially?

i wanted to paint my whole house white also but was afraid of having hand prints on them easily. lol

i still like the led switches :x but not really suitable for my unit since the boxes are exposed. need those concealed type like yours to really make it nice :dribble:

they are tearing the mac area? i thought they are gonna tear the area around sushi tei, carl's jr etc.

Yes, I went back to the same lighting shop they told me this is the right size for HDB .. well nevermind ;)

Yes, they are going to tear down Macs, Scruffy Murphy, Coffee bean , BFD, 711 and etc.. I grew up in this area.. *sad* think they will tear it down by next year, that's the most happening place in ECP , IMO :(

common toilet shower screen and glass door is up

74205_1673146984057_1098877459_1854442_6

ventifan.jpg

toilet light

76335_1673148784102_1098877459_1854449_7

clipsal led switches

73617_1673148504095_1098877459_1854447_3

Hi reglxt,

May I know how did you manage to conceal the switches? Is it hidden behind a false wall?

hi reglxt

sorry..replying a lil late :P

My ID managed to find a new panasonic model that may just fit thru the window..so thats one thing off my mind now :)

by the way I saw your toilet light and think it looks great!

can share where and how much you got it from pls?

toilet light

76335_1673148784102_1098877459_1854449_7

Edited by thx1138

hi reglxt

sorry..replying a lil late :P

My ID managed to find a new panasonic model that may just fit thru the window..so thats one thing off my mind now :)

by the way I saw your toilet light and think it looks great!

can share where and how much you got it from pls?

hi thx1138, its ok , no prob.. panasonic is good too.. heard its better than mitsubishi

I got the light from Chan huat @ balestier.. if you want can drop by my house to see the lighting.. not very bright thou.. will pm you the price

Hi reglxt,

May I know how did you manage to conceal the switches? Is it hidden behind a false wall?

Hi Payton

Mine is a new flat.. the switches are all concealed :)

Updates as of 22nd NOV

TV Console and feature wall is up

IMG_1875.jpg

Sink is up (MBR toilet)

IMG_1868.jpg

IMG_1869.jpg

Cabinet is up (common toilet)

IMG_1860.jpg

Kitchen cabinet is up (color too orangey IMO.. think i am just too fussy.. but anyway will just live with it..)

IMG_1859.jpg

Edited by reglxt

Thanks reglxt got your PM..will go check out the light :)

you got the chimney! nice!

just wondering where will you put the fridge?

Updates as of 22nd NOV

Kitchen cabinet is up (color too orangey IMO.. think i am just to fussy.. but anyway will just live with it..)

IMG_1859.jpg

Thanks reglxt got your PM..will go check out the light :)

you got the chimney! nice!

just wondering where will you put the fridge?

Hi thx1138

thanks

i got the rinnai hood from poh joo :)

the fridge will be facing the hob ..

i think there are some people having the U shaped kitchen concept in RV to fully utilize the space and the fridge will be next to the hob.. good and bad thou

example

http://www.channel4.com/4homes/design-styl...12-11_p_33.html

Edited by reglxt

oh i'm also deciding whether to have U-shape or not actually...

can share with us what are the pros n cons? :)

ehh.. the fridge next to the hood like not very good right? cos our kitchen is so small.. wont the heat from hood damage the fridge? just my 2 cts..

I'm thinking of something like this..

rivervistakitchenplan.jpg

Will probably have some workspace from the fridge to the hood & hob.

Not sure if this can work out :P

By the way when did your reno start and whats the expected completion?

ehh.. the fridge next to the hood like not very good right? cos our kitchen is so small.. wont the heat from hood damage the fridge? just my 2 cts..
Edited by thx1138

I'm thinking of something like this..

rivervistakitchenplan.jpg

Will probably have some workspace from the fridge to the hood & hob.

Not sure if this can work out :P

By the way when did your reno start and whats the expected completion?

U-Shaped kitchen concept is not bad idea..looks nice and modern.. Go for the U-shaped kitchen :)

for sure, there will be some work space but i am those kiasee type so prefer the fridge as far away from the hood as possible (IMO)..

My HO date - UNKNOWN - but target Jan before CNY

Reason: invisible grilles is done by another vendor and they are fully booked until end Dec :P I need to complete my grille before I can start on the foyer pebble wash

by the way, you are from which block?

Edited by reglxt

i'm from 38A one of the last few to get the keys :P

didnt know abt this invisible grill until i googled for it just now.

they must be very in demand now i guess...more than a month booking in advance :D

U-Shaped kitchen concept is not bad idea..looks nice and modern.. Go for the U-shaped kitchen :)

for sure, there will be some work space but i am those kiasee type so prefer the fridge as far away from the hood as possible (IMO)..

My HO date - UNKNOWN - but target Jan before CNY

Reason: invisible grilles is done by another vendor and they are fully booked until end Dec :P I need to complete my grille before I can start on the foyer pebble wash

by the way, you are from which block?