Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
wendylim

Feedback On Tiler Seng And ***** Design

Hi All

I have just bought a 15-year-old resale HDB apartment. I need to do major renovation, eg hack all the floor and lay marble and tiles, redo everything in the kitchen and bathrooms, redo all the wiring, water pipes, air-con pipes and install drop down ceiling.

I have read in this forum about contractors/Interior Decorators, eg Tiler Seng, Image, etc.

Those of you who have engaged Tiler Seng and Image to do their house reno, could you please email me your reviews of their work?

Those of you who have turned down their quotation, could you please email me the reason, and the contacts of the contractor/ID you engage?

Would appreciate your kind help. Thanks.

My email address is

limwendy39@yahoo.com.sg

Edited by wendylim

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

talk is cheap, you may want to get more advise rather than one side story teller, i've pm you my Client contact for your judgement.

Hi All

I have just bought a 15-year-old resale HDB apartment. I need to do major renovation, eg hack all the floor and lay marble and tiles, redo everything in the kitchen and bathrooms, redo all the wiring, water pipes, air-con pipes and install drop down ceiling.

I have read in this forum about contractors/Interior Decorators, eg Tiler Seng, Image, etc.

Those of you who have engaged Tiler Seng and Image to do their house reno, could you please email me your reviews of their work?

Those of you who have turned down their quotation, could you please email me the reason, and the contacts of the contractor/ID you engage?

Would appreciate your kind help. Thanks.

My email address is

limwendy39@yahoo.com.sg

You have PM.

Customer service is important too.

Tiler Seng never reply to my email for a quote until i send a reminder to him 2weeks later. Thereafter he cited BUSY and will revert back. I waited for another 2 weeks for his reply, where i was informed to liaise with his recommended friend for a quote. All in, just trying to get his reply takes 1 month. By then, I'm into a 2nd revised quote with couple of IDs. IMO, if a contractor/ID has too many project on hand, their attention on a particular project will be divided. Promptness to an issue is important too as it reflects how he/she will follow up with you once the reno kicks in.

I was put off by his "BUSY" schedule but yet busy posting pics of his completed projects in this forum.

On the contary I find that Tiler Seng replies to my email very promptly,

He didn't reply me in the first email, but after my reminder he got back to me in less than 2 days..

Personally I find his quote very reasonable, if I may speak one of the most detailed.

I have no doubt that many of us (I'm one of the guilty) would email to contractors asking for quotes and expect them to

reply promptly.. likewise, the contractors can choose to filter off certain prospective clients; just fishing for quotes.

Do check out their finished work, that would probably be the best testimony. :)

Tiler Seng never reply to my email for a quote until i send a reminder to him 2weeks later. Thereafter he cited BUSY and will revert back. I waited for another 2 weeks for his reply, where i was informed to liaise with his recommended friend for a quote. All in, just trying to get his reply takes 1 month. By then, I'm into a 2nd revised quote with couple of IDs. IMO, if a contractor/ID has too many project on hand, their attention on a particular project will be divided. Promptness to an issue is important too as it reflects how he/she will follow up with you once the reno kicks in.

I was put off by his "BUSY" schedule but yet busy posting pics of his completed projects in this forum.

Ballerina, you seemed to be promoting your contractor aggressively ain't you?

Hi Wendy

Im not sure about tiler seng but ive just read up abit on him as well. Anyway just to share with you my contractor as i think he's worth recommending. You can contact Steven at xxxxxxxxx. My house has been done by him and I really like the workmanship and design although he is not the cheapest but his service is good and definitely reliable.

Edited by dexufto

At time i was handling account, Quotation, Client attending, site supervising, All by myself.

My Ah Seng is handling workers & site supervising, and i have to supervise him most of the time because he got problem reading English.

i have to take care of Pontential Customer means there is going to have site survey, Revise Quote and material selection, permit application and update cost different for additional & Omittion of Renovation items, i have even delayed Invoice for final payment for one month after work completed- cause i thinking to save up some of time to do other thing.

Not to think home renovation, i am involving in commercial renovation most of the time which have taken my sleeping time, more paper work than what residential reno has.

i have worked up to 2am trying to complete what ever i can for the paper work, there are stack and stack of document beside me so why can't you pardon me i could have missed your email.

if you're reading my posting, you can see that i have try ways to improve my responding time, i have a few staff now who are helping me to respond to enquiry, our office have a great change ever since, and i have even get in Marketing Manager to help establish my company, which i have been thinking to it for long time.

My Client whom have contract with us, i have try to complete my work inorder to get my client move in in time, it might have some issue somewhere sometime but our action definitely is taken place.

i am happy about my Ah Seng who is a responsible person, he will pick up call to respond to any request from workers & Client. And for myself, my HP is on for 24hours, is able to respond to Client even when my Client sms me at 2.30am.

Doesn't the above has kept me BUSY enough? so what is wrong for trying to post in beautify pictures to share on line when i have a little time for myself?

i cannot make 100 person to satisfy with my responding & service, but atlease i have tried... i gets tired sometimes but atlease i have try to my best. for those whom have gotten contract with me, ask yourself are you dissapointed with my work arrangement & respond of your every phone call?

There are some unsatisfy work done by my workers, but we have rectified them for sure, i am not a handyman myself whom will fix up shelving or painting on your wall, but my company is willing to take up any responsibility for any mistake make by my workers for sure.

for Siderweb i am sorry if i have turned you down and let you waited so long, i can't remember you but i hope you have engaged your right contractor, you may contact me if you need my advise without any contract bundle.

infuture, anyone who has problem getting my price or price from my Staff, you may contact me or Seng directly to avoid misuderstanding. But i hope to receive your kind understanding if we will have ever turn you down somtimes cause we are unable to take in too many jobs in one time.

At time i was handling account, Quotation, Client attending, site supervising, All by myself.

My Ah Seng is handling workers & site supervising, and i have to supervise him most of the time because he got problem reading English.

i have to take care of Pontential Customer means there is going to have site survey, Revise Quote and material selection, permit application and update cost different for additional & Omittion of Renovation items, i have even delayed Invoice for final payment for one month after work completed- cause i thinking to save up some of time to do other thing.

Not to think home renovation, i am involving in commercial renovation most of the time which have taken my sleeping time, more paper work than what residential reno has.

i have worked up to 2am trying to complete what ever i can for the paper work, there are stack and stack of document beside me so why can't you pardon me i could have missed your email.

if you're reading my posting, you can see that i have try ways to improve my responding time, i have a few staff now who are helping me to respond to enquiry, our office have a great change ever since, and i have even get in Marketing Manager to help establish my company, which i have been thinking to it for long time.

My Client whom have contract with us, i have try to complete my work inorder to get my client move in in time, it might have some issue somewhere sometime but our action definitely is taken place.

i am happy about my Ah Seng who is a responsible person, he will pick up call to respond to any request from workers & Client. And for myself, my HP is on for 24hours, is able to respond to Client even when my Client sms me at 2.30am.

Doesn't the above has kept me BUSY enough? so what is wrong for trying to post in beautify pictures to share on line when i have a little time for myself?

i cannot make 100 person to satisfy with my responding & service, but atlease i have tried... i gets tired sometimes but atlease i have try to my best. for those whom have gotten contract with me, ask yourself are you dissapointed with my work arrangement & respond of your every phone call?

There are some unsatisfy work done by my workers, but we have rectified them for sure, i am not a handyman myself whom will fix up shelving or painting on your wall, but my company is willing to take up any responsibility for any mistake make by my workers for sure.

for Siderweb i am sorry if i have turned you down and let you waited so long, i can't remember you but i hope you have engaged your right contractor, you may contact me if you need my advise without any contract bundle.

infuture, anyone who has problem getting my price or price from my Staff, you may contact me or Seng directly to avoid misuderstanding. But i hope to receive your kind understanding if we will have ever turn you down somtimes cause we are unable to take in too many jobs in one time.

I supported Tiler Seng on what he has mentioned. Though customer service is important also need to give him time for response. Till now he still working on my Quotation....

He also make himself clear that you can contact Ah Seng if now just give him a sms. As for myself, I sms or email him for some advise. Though I may not be his potential client, but he still reply me reasonably fast like less than a day.

So what is the big deal....just sniff around with other ID and wait for Tiler Seng loh....more choice more compare on prices and ideas.

By the way Spiderweb has mentioned Tiler Seng was busy, then your shortlisted ID not busy meh...if not busy...u also need to think twice before engage hoh :)

I not putting good words for him....but really got his response fast. So think he may just over-look.:_

Tiler..give me a good quotation if still working on it....By the way, I got 1 more week to play with.....hahaha

Hi guys, my first post here! Been reading many threads and one of the things I've learnt from RT is that cheap is one thing but communication and relationship with your ID/contractor is another.

All that has been said here has merits and I'm one who also asked Ronald for a quote sometime back. If it helps, I got his quote a month later for my place at Tyrwhitt. Ronald's here trying to make a decent living and he made it clear to me right from the start that he's bogged down with tons of administrative work. To be fair, it doesn't help him when he doesn't have access to my place yet and only relying on my measurements and photos to quote.

Besides, I doubt anyone will engage any person to do services especially reno just based on opinions and comments online. From what I understand, it's actually common practice to visit sites and client's houses to look at workmanship? Look around more and make your decision lah. Just remember the whole process like how you got married. The choosing of the dresses lah, the dinner venue etc.

I can't recommend anyone since well, I'm still reviewing quotes myself but I hope to share with you guys soon what I intend to do with my ultra small 400 sqf place. Heh

:D

yah last time he say he is rushing my renovation but instead i keep see he busy posting other ppl's flat in his thread.

and my place renovation is simply crawling........

i was so disappointed with his rude attitude so that's why i stopped posting his flat.

other flat owner were very understanding , so nor matter how busy also must find time to post it to show ppl.

hi all, it's been around six to seven months since ronald was engaged to be the contractor for my in-laws' place at woodlands.

didn't expect him to become such a hot topic.

due to budget constraint, which i'm sure is a bane for most of us, decided to look for a contractor instead of an id. then we came upon his ad on this website, and so decided to go with him.

things got underway pretty quickly. permit, hacking and tiling.. all done in two weeks if remember correctly. the tiling job was quite well done, must say. besides that, plumbing and electrical works were handled by him. his workers are friendly and responsible. a few cans of drinks and snacks would make them even friendlier..

he's a busy man, told us he's running both residential and commercial, and we were prepared for that. at times, when we mentioned something to him, he would go blank, as if it was the first time we talked about it. (sorry ronald, but that's how your reaction was) :P

but other than that, things went quite well. hit a snag when cleaning the common toilet wall tiles and it was promptly rectified after four attempts. didn't get charged extra for that.

this being the third time getting involved in renovation, we knew what to expect. all of us would like to have that perfect home and it takes two hands to make that happen but sometimes, even that would not result in a perfect renovation.

overall, would recommend him to my friends and relatives, but hopefully no more blank looks. :)

hi all, it's been around six to seven months since ronald was engaged to be the contractor for my in-laws' place at woodlands.

didn't expect him to become such a hot topic.

due to budget constraint, which i'm sure is a bane for most of us, decided to look for a contractor instead of an id. then we came upon his ad on this website, and so decided to go with him.

things got underway pretty quickly. permit, hacking and tiling.. all done in two weeks if remember correctly. the tiling job was quite well done, must say. besides that, plumbing and electrical works were handled by him. his workers are friendly and responsible. a few cans of drinks and snacks would make them even friendlier..

he's a busy man, told us he's running both residential and commercial, and we were prepared for that. at times, when we mentioned something to him, he would go blank, as if it was the first time we talked about it. (sorry ronald, but that's how your reaction was) :P

but other than that, things went quite well. hit a snag when cleaning the common toilet wall tiles and it was promptly rectified after four attempts. didn't get charged extra for that.

this being the third time getting involved in renovation, we knew what to expect. all of us would like to have that perfect home and it takes two hands to make that happen but sometimes, even that would not result in a perfect renovation.

overall, would recommend him to my friends and relatives, but hopefully no more blank looks. :)

:D at time i was told by too many ppl the same thing you trying to mention to me...i guess, anyway i hope my brain has learned to adapt the different by now.

bro you have given alot of pressure for me to handover to you in time, you know what? thought i was being chase hard by you but i was very happy doing work for you.

Hi All,

Just to clarify, I'm just giving an encountered with Tiler Seng in this forum. In fact, I've been reading this forum for a while before joinning in as I need to get the contact of Tiler Seng. My main purpose of posting is to share my limited knowledge/experience/encounter/feedback, of what I've learnt/encountered. I'm thankful that Tiler Seng is upfront on his busy schedule - which allows me to seek other IDs/contractor for the job.

Taken positively, I beleive he could improve on the customer service issue and provide better service to his prospective customers.

I've found my ID after reading up in this forum. Not only that, air con /electrican/fenshui and a couple of others lobang which I'm currently using are sourced from here too. As i've gained getting good info here, now I'm merely contributing back.

I believe each of us is busy with our work, personal and family life and definitely in our choice of activities too.

Rest assured that my selected ID/contractors are busy too.

Thanks to all that show concerns.