Sign in to follow this  
wickaninsh

Amk 3 Room Reno

1. Rewire the whole house

2. Re-do all piping

3. Hack the wall seperation between kitchen & living room

(small kitchen & big living room)

4. Glass sliding door to replace #3

(no sure how far to shift this.... any suggestion?)

5. Hack kitchen floor & walls

6. Wanted cement flooring for kitchen (but read that there will be problem)

8. Kitchen cabinet

9. Wooden sliding door for opening to bedrooms & storeroom

10. Hack & replace all windows

11. Replace all doors & main gate

12. Hack & re-do both toilets

13. Re-do living room, store room & bedrooms flooring

(no need hack cos previous owner laid those rubber tiles)

etc will add when i come up with ideas

any1 have any comments & suggestion?

Attached my General Plan...

scan0001qd.jpg

Welcome to Renotalk.

Wow, very well planned. I think you does not need ID but a contractor. ID will charge you more. Do you need 3D diagram at all? I think you only need 3D images if you are doing a lot carpentry works so as to help you visualise the effect of carbinets in the house. Be more details on your planning, it will help you to save money and time. Try not to do adhoc things, the ID or contractor will charge you slightly higher as you donot have bargining power once you sign up with them. That is my five cents advise.

Are you stay in the house during renovation? Hope you are not, it is very messy and dirty. Overall, it is very stressful and it may lasts for about 1 months.

Lastly, maybe you should add in plastering the whole house to make it look nice. But plastering is quite dirty......

Please post more pictures. All the best...

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request
Thinking of gething this laminated flooring from Pergostore

maritimeoak.th.jpg

Two questions

1. will it be werid if i only use this in living room and a cheaper one for bedrooms & store room

2. can the stair on the main entrance be laminated?

I think store room no need to laminate ba...can save the money and do a better one for bedroom. :P

laminates are coated with protection on top only, raw wood on the sides. I also thought of using it for entrance but was advised against due to the exposure to water, sun and dirt. I checked with the staff at floor option before, they say they will not cover warranty for laminates put on the steps.

:)

Good luck with the reno. I like the looks of your proposed kitchen and the 1/2 or 3/4 glass shower screen.

Looks like HDB has a standard 3 room template. Layout looks exactly the same asmy MIL's in Circuit Road.

Wherein AMK are you? In at St 32.

my layout is a little similar to urs, as in, small toilet. but in my case, the master toilet is smaller than the common. in the end, i decided against a shower screen. it would be way too cramped. oh and do not place a WC in a confined corner. u will really not like doing ur business thr. and it's not sth tt u can change easily when u realise it's too cramped to spend time doing business there. just my opinion. my toilet is my "zen" place and i like it as comfortable and luxurious as possible, but alas, my master toilet is too small to do anything nice. :(

I attached Photo of my MBR toilet

Ques :

1. HDB designed the WC in the corner, can it be shifted?

2. I put a glass screen so water will not spray to the WC

3. can i have a look at your "Zen"

Tks

mbrtoiletdoor.jpg

mbrtoilet1.jpg

mbrtoilet2.jpg

this picture looks strangely familiar...

*ROFL*

wickaninsh. you may wanna check out goobii's T-blog, he has a completed sliding door as well.

Let us know if you need any infor.

Good luck with your ID/ Contrator selection :)

U can actually insert this, easier to view. :)

scan0002ik.jpg

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

i think it would be extremely squeesy for doing business....moving in and out of that area would not be easy.

maybe u might consider shifting out the basin for MBR, afterall too small a basin with no storage is not good.

Agree with Gimz, if you don't move out your basin, then the MBR toilet will be very squished. Glass panel without the swing dr won't prevent water from the shower area from wetting the entire toilet. You would need to fully enclose the shower area.

Quite a no. of RT forummers had issues with PD dr, you may want to think about it again (esp with guests who dunno how to use it and then spoil it).

*ROFL*

wickaninsh. you may wanna check out goobii's T-blog, he has a completed sliding door as well.

Let us know if you need any infor.

Good luck with your ID/ Contrator selection :)

dun seems to be able to find goobii T-blog..

can give me the link

tks

Agree with Gimz, if you don't move out your basin, then the MBR toilet will be very squished. Glass panel without the swing dr won't prevent water from the shower area from wetting the entire toilet. You would need to fully enclose the shower area.

Quite a no. of RT forummers had issues with PD dr, you may want to think about it again (esp with guests who dunno how to use it and then spoil it).

Ok.....

Need to re-think the glass screen then.

Was thinking of putting this corner mini basket, so will not take up too much "WC room"

Back to the drawing board....

And mayb will have PD door only in MBR toilet and a Bi-folding door in common toilet

Anyone have similiar small toilet? can share your design..... Tks

cb3007wtm.jpg

I attached Photo of my MBR toilet

Ques :

1. HDB designed the WC in the corner, can it be shifted?

2. I put a glass screen so water will not spray to the WC

3. can i have a look at your "Zen"

Tks

1. can be shifted, but only very slightly. some, can be rotated 90deg also, depending on the piping. my ID is also shifting my WC in the master toilet so as to give me a bit more room for the shower area. but mine, can only shift abt 10-15mm. not much, still at least better than nothing.

2. cos ur screen is not a full screen, water will still get to the non-shower area, as wat curryqueen says. i also intended to keep my master toilet a dry toilet, but after looking at the available options, it's now very un-feasible to do so. no matter hw we position everything in the toilet, my ID and I felt none of the available layouts can accommodate a full shower screen w/o making the toilet feel cramp and squeezy. so we dumped tt idea. i make do wif a wet toilet. more space to move abt. 1 gd thing tt came out of this is that i save on the cost of a shower screen. my reno budget low enuf oredi, so this is a welcomed savings. at worst, in future, if i really cant stand a wet WC everytime aft i shower, i can do a shower curtain. the other trick tt we're using to "free" some space is to employ an out-swinging toilet door.

3. my "zen" is now dunno gg to become wat. no pics yet as still under construction, but wif the above compromises, it will no longer be the "ideal" toilet tt i wanted. wif the size of my master toilet being so small, the only way to achieve my dream toilet is to hack the wall between the 2 toilets and combine both into 1 big toilet. since i'm staying on my own, thr really is no nd for 2 toilets. the only users of my common toilet wld be guests and my dog. i dun mind my dog sharing a toilet wif me, but i thot abt in the future when and if i wanna sell this plc. 3-rm flat wif only 1 bedroom and 1 toilet. won't appeal to a lot of buyers. only singles will be willing to pay gd money for it. narrows my possible market, so decided against a mega toilet.

and wif regards to PD door, even before i read the comments on it here, i was oredi quite apprehensive abt using it. my ID also quoted me PD door for the common toilet, but i eventually chose 2-track bifold door. the bottom track may not make it tt aesthetically appealing but at least i dun nd to "teach" my guests hw to use the toilet door, and it'll also be more lasting and be able to withstand a bit more "abuse"....haha.

Was thinking of putting this corner mini basket, so will not take up too much "WC room"

Back to the drawing board....

cb3007wtm.jpg

have u used such small basins before? can be very difficult washing ur hands in such a small basin. end up, splashing water all over the place. in order to prevent splashes, u hv to be very gentle and deliberate in ur hand movements when washing. also cant rinse/rub ur hands together like usual. have to do it slowly, again to minimise splashes. i cant stand it this way. eventually, i'll hate doing any washing in such a basin, and end up doing my washing elsewhere.

have u used such small basins before? can be very difficult washing ur hands in such a small basin. end up, splashing water all over the place. in order to prevent splashes, u hv to be very gentle and deliberate in ur hand movements when washing. also cant rinse/rub ur hands together like usual. have to do it slowly, again to minimise splashes. i cant stand it this way. eventually, i'll hate doing any washing in such a basin, and end up doing my washing elsewhere.

only good for brushing and shaving... :rolleyes:

The link is here.

I've listed the links to the fellow 3-roomers in the 1st post of my T-blog.

Take a look for more ideas. ;)

btw, just realised that he uses the small basin as well.

dun seems to be able to find goobii T-blog..

can give me the link

tks

IMHO, it's very much to your personal habits; you will have to be very deliberate and change your habits if you are a "splasher" like me.