Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
pastore23

Bad Experience With Beds.sg - Delivery Delayed For 2 Days

To err is human lah. Even my MNC company can sent the wrong parts to customer despite all the procedures and system are in place. Since the CEO n the team already apologize so forgive and forget lah.

Human error can be minimised by system, if a system is in place but there is still error, that means the system does not cover the company's entire business processes completely.

I will forget, but hard to forgive.

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation
I accepted becos I had no choice, I need the furniture urgently, if not I would have no bed to sleep. If I have a choice I would have cancel the order.

You can try sleeping on the floor for 2 nights and see whether $100 is fair.

$100 is more than enough to get a temporary mattress la... no need to sleep on floor...

live and let live... and enjoy the new bed. :)

Hmmm i also got a mattress from them last year. But mine is a pleasant experience..

I ordered a single size mattress but my bed fixture is super single. totally no idea how i can made such error.

Only realised when the delivery guys reached with the single mattress.

Luckily they allow me to change to super single just topping up the difference in value.

I accepted becos I had no choice, I need the furniture urgently, if not I would have no bed to sleep. If I have a choice I would have cancel the order.

You can try sleeping on the floor for 2 nights and see whether $100 is fair.

nobody asked you to throw away your existing mattress before seeing the actual goods. anyw u seem very adamant abt getting money over the fact that all the people involved have alr apologised to you.

live and let live man...another 400+ more dollars can make u feel happier??

bed.com.sg is responsible for delivery the bed late for 2 days that why they give u a discount

but they are not responsible for you sleeping on the floor for 2 days to give u more discount

a lot of furniture shop dont even bother to give any discount or anything for late delivery

$100 is more than enough to get a temporary mattress la... no need to sleep on floor...

live and let live... and enjoy the new bed. :)

The value $100 dollars sound like a big sum, but if you know what is percentage and have some basic knowledge in maths, $100 is only 4.35% of my total purchase amount ($2300).

$100 looks big, but if you look at my total amount, it is small.

Edited by pastore23

nobody asked you to throw away your existing mattress before seeing the actual goods. anyw u seem very adamant abt getting money over the fact that all the people involved have alr apologised to you.

live and let live man...another 400+ more dollars can make u feel happier??

yes, nobody asked me to throw away my existing mattress before that, but I trusted them wrongly and I was the one to suffer.

bed.com.sg is responsible for delivery the bed late for 2 days that why they give u a discount

but they are not responsible for you sleeping on the floor for 2 days to give u more discount

a lot of furniture shop dont even bother to give any discount or anything for late delivery

they are not responsible for me sleeping on the floor? If they did not make the mistake, how would I ended up sleeping on the floor??

If your hdb flat get delayed by hdb for 2 days. Imagine they compensate you 4.35% for a $200k flat. $9000, is also very little?

Your grocery of $50 by cold storage get delayed by 2 days, how much should they compensate then? $100 will it be too much?

Live & let live. Life is happier this way :)

The value $100 dollars sound like a big sum, but if you know what is percentage and have some basic knowledge in maths, $100 is only 4.35% of my total purchase amount ($2300).

$100 looks big, but if you look at my total amount, it is small.

u could have easily bought a temporary mattress from neighbourhood shops with the $100 and saved urself some back ache.

so are u going to claim medical expenses from them? For back ache arising from sleeping on the floor? :)

Seems like u want to make the whole issue big and claim more from them? So u are expecting a compensation in the region of how many percent?

Unless u had rejected the $100, if u have already accepted the compensation then both parties should move on and u would have no recourse legally. Anyway, no point haggling over such things, only increase ur own blood pressure and waste precious time.

they are not responsible for me sleeping on the floor? If they did not make the mistake, how would I ended up sleeping on the floor??

Say the item in question is a fridge. And delivery was delayed by 2 days.

Can i say claim the cost of meat and vegetables that have gone back becos delivery of fridge was delayed?

In the fridge seller's mind: "Who ask u go and buy meat when fridge is not here?"

In third parties' mind: Same as fridge seller.

Reasonably, beds.sg screwed up and they gave u a discount. Many furniture retailers would not even give a hoot, they just say "no choice, its like that one".

yes, nobody asked me to throw away my existing mattress before that, but I trusted them wrongly and I was the one to suffer.

bro/sis, jus take it as a lesson learnt. many more furniture shops wil foul up on delivery dates, incl the big ones...they have been apologetic and sincere, sometimes tat matters the most to customers...jus enjoy ur new mattress ya :)

Say the item in question is a fridge. And delivery was delayed by 2 days.

Can i say claim the cost of meat and vegetables that have gone back becos delivery of fridge was delayed?

In the fridge seller's mind: "Who ask u go and buy meat when fridge is not here?"

In third parties' mind: Same as fridge seller.

Reasonably, beds.sg screwed up and they gave u a discount. Many furniture retailers would not even give a hoot, they just say "no choice, its like that one".

cant agree more

if those other bad reputation furniture shop they dont even say sorry or compensation

and probably throw the matress on their face

get 100 sg for 2 days late still wanna ask for

more buyer have some right but this is abusing your right

late delivery is the real world of the singapore furniture industries, first time buying furniture huh ?

Edited by rayfox

Hmm...I've used them twice thus far with no issues and I actually do find their service attitude quite good. :rolleyes:

If you do a price comparison of theirs versus those at shops, it is true somehow that their prices are actually much lower for some models. For this, you should had enjoyed some substantial savings by buying through them. It is true that somehow, the delivery was screwed but personally, it does seems that they are sincere in doing what they can. As they've actually explained, it may be true that this is the best that they can offer as their profit is way low? Anything more may results in negative sales (which is just like giving you the goods for free) and since no way you can be "happy" on their supposed best, they could jolly well cancel the order and refund you the total amount and closed their doors on the matter...but they chose not to do so wor...

Nevertheless, I guess you are entitle to your frustration but one should not get "carried away". I may seems nosey but I really think you should let the matter go as afterall, you've actually accepted the $100.00 compensation... willingly or not.

As for me, I will continue to used them should the needs arises. Take care. :P

I bought a single mattress from beds.sg last year & it was a pleasant experience with good customer service. The delivery guys were few hours late but I was kept posted through phone calls & they were apologetic when they arrived. Besides, they helped me dispose of the old mattress. I am considering buying from them for the coming CNY actually.

For the cheaper prices beds.sg is charging, I feel I am getting reasonably good service, no complaints. Just a customer feedback, in no way related to beds.sg.