Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
wendy8

Any Carpenter Willing To Provide Second Opinion On My Cabinet Flaw?

Hi all,

Recently completed the kitchen cabinet for my 27 year old house. My house is on the highest floor. We noticed the gap between suspended cabinet and ceiling is not even. Carpenter says it's a flaw with the wall.

Need second opinion. Only suggested false ceiling to correct the problem.

Anyone here who has contact number of carpenter or also had similar experience?

Pls help!

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation
Hi all,

Recently completed the kitchen cabinet for my 27 year old house. My house is on the highest floor. We noticed the gap between suspended cabinet and ceiling is not even. Carpenter says it's a flaw with the wall.

Need second opinion. Only suggested false ceiling to correct the problem.

Anyone here who has contact number of carpenter or also had similar experience?

Pls help!

its quite common for walls to be not symmetrical to the floor for HDB. I have the same issue as well, carpenter will just try to seal up the gap. unless, you want to spend time & $$ to plaster the ceiling as well..

its quite common for walls to be not symmetrical to the floor for HDB. I have the same issue as well, carpenter will just try to seal up the gap. unless, you want to spend time & $$ to plaster the ceiling as well..

I did plaster the ceiling actually. Carpenter was saying walls are not even. That's y there is an uneven gap between suspended cabinet and ceiling. Is yours also obvious?

even plastering also cannot achieve a perfectly flat wall/ceiling and a perfect fit.

this is original HDB workmanship....can't run away from it. if it's a little bit, still not so bad. moreover, it's above the top cabinet, so should not be too obvious. i have one corner in my hall, where the ceiling "sinks" about 15 - 20mm towards the floor, right where the ceiling joins the wall. and it's right in front of my sofa. so everytime when i sit at my sofa, the moment i look up at that corner of the ceiling, i'll see this "pregnant" ceiling. :(

even plastering also cannot achieve a perfectly flat wall/ceiling and a perfect fit.

this is original HDB workmanship....can't run away from it. if it's a little bit, still not so bad. moreover, it's above the top cabinet, so should not be too obvious. i have one corner in my hall, where the ceiling "sinks" about 15 - 20mm towards the floor, right where the ceiling joins the wall. and it's right in front of my sofa. so everytime when i sit at my sofa, the moment i look up at that corner of the ceiling, i'll see this "pregnant" ceiling. :(

Yes I guess you are right about hdb workmanship. Just wondering if anyone got over this problem. Seems like many people just choose to live with it! I have a wall in my hall too that dips all thanks to hdb

Yes I guess you are right about hdb workmanship. Just wondering if anyone got over this problem. Seems like many people just choose to live with it! I have a wall in my hall too that dips all thanks to hdb

only way to get over this is to do box-up, L-box or false ceiling.

no point attempting to increase the thickness of the plastering in order to "level up". not feasible. box up is still the most common and easiest way to do it. can choose frm 3 ways of boxing up as mentioned above.