Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios

Hi ,

I just bought a Semi-d that comes with a Koi pond which I am not interested to keep or maintain.

Does anybody knows any vendor who does removal of koi pond and how does is the estimated cost.

Would appreciate any kind advice.

• Like 2

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation
Hi ,

I just bought a Semi-d that comes with a Koi pond which I am not interested to keep or maintain.

Does anybody knows any vendor who does removal of koi pond and how does is the estimated cost.

Would appreciate any kind advice.

Did you try calling the koi farms in Singapore? I know that they install ponds but not sure they will remove. I've heard from a friend who heard from his friend ( meaning unverified), that someone once removed the koi pond and traded in the filter equipment for the cost of doing the work, so the pond was removed and replaced with soil for free as the contractor took the equipment.

Maybe you want to try and report back.

You can just get any contractor to hack up the pond and fill it up and do some tiling or lay some woods over it.

If there is any koi in the pond, then either you can give the koi to some temple/church etc or advertise in local fish forum to sell or give away the koi or you can call up the koi farm and ask them for advise on how to get rid of the koi in your pond.

Just my 2 yens.

If you simply just drain the water and fill it with sand, be prepared within 1 year you will find that the areas where the pond was will sink.

What you need to do is fill the pond with gravel than with wire mesh, cement and finally with sand.

I am currently converting the side of my house from graden to tiled flooring, really alot of work.

Hope this helps

It will depend on afew factor, Dept of Pond, Is the pond under direct sunlight, what is the pump you will be using (Using the correct pump is important) etc..

I have attach a link below hope it helps.

http://www.arowanaclub.com/forum/showthrea...mp;pagenumber=1

PS : The investment is between SGD$12k to SGD$18k exclude future maintenance cost.

I have the opposite question. If I am considering a koi pond, what is the most maintenance free manner to set it up? There is such a thing as a biological filter that is maintenance free,rt?

I have the opposite question. If I am considering a koi pond, what is the most maintenance free manner to set it up? There is such a thing as a biological filter that is maintenance free,rt?

There is no such thing as maintenance free koi pond unless you keep 1 koi per 10,000 liter of water and feed them very lightly.

Here is a link which might be useful on koi pond construction. Hope this help.

http://www.koi.com.my/cgi-bin/koiforum/gfo...;guest=22123185

Tech wizard and cookcpu,

Thanks for the info and links. If ever I were to consider putting a koi pond in place, I'd certainly do a lot more reading up on those sites to fully appreciate what it involves first. Thanks again.

We faced the same situation when we bought our house. The contractor quoted a few hundred to remove the two ponds on the ground level and 3rd floor.

I came up with the idea to auction both koi ponds online. The ad specified removal and delivery to be arranged by the buyer. Within a week, a new house owner nearby bought the two ponds. So problem solved and we also earned a few hundred dollars.

Property Soul

http://propertysoul.com

I have read your question. If you now don't want to have koi pond then just convert in it some other fish and plant pond. Why you want to remove it. It will cost not much but you have to resurface the place to looks it better. Its a much headache.

Hi, I bought an inter terrace and it comes with a koi pond. I would like to keep the pond. I am doing A&A to the house now and the construction has destroyed the pond. I need to redo the water proofing and fibre glass. Can any experienced koi owner recommend me a reliable, reasonable priced contractor to do this?

Id home plus was the contractor for my lap pool and I am happy with their service. I'm sure they do repair works as well. Don't have his number with me but you can google for them.