Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
Livinstyle

Tv Featurewall

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request
Thinking of doing a TV feature wall in tiles. Something like the photo below, but bigger area.

Any comments? Feel free to comment.

cimg5733.jpg

Not crazy about it. Think it looks a little messy. Just an opinion.

r u tiling the wall direct? or doing a false wall den tile it up before mounting ur tv?

if former, den by all means, go for it if u like it. but not gg to be cheap. since u gotta pay for the tiles, cement screed, labour etc.

if gg to tile over false wall, den i'm afraid the false wall cannot take the total weight of all the tiles, plus cement screed, plus TV. consider the load factor and check wif ur contractor.

If doing it, it's going to be tiled direct on a new hollow block wall. No issue with load factor. Yes, I would have to pay for the tiles. But otherwise, not much additional cost.

r u tiling the wall direct? or doing a false wall den tile it up before mounting ur tv?

if former, den by all means, go for it if u like it. but not gg to be cheap. since u gotta pay for the tiles, cement screed, labour etc.

if gg to tile over false wall, den i'm afraid the false wall cannot take the total weight of all the tiles, plus cement screed, plus TV. consider the load factor and check wif ur contractor.

Not crazy about it. Think it looks a little messy. Just an opinion.

thanks for the frank opinion, will take that into consideration.

still deliberating over it as i usually see it in commercial buildings but rarely in homes.

was thinking if this is a good alternative to wall paper.

thanks for the frank opinion, will take that into consideration.

still deliberating over it as i usually see it in commercial buildings but rarely in homes.

was thinking if this is a good alternative to wall paper.

perhaps u want to consider, instead of the whole wall being tiled like that, u could use the tiles to d a border around your TV? Perhaps a border of 1-1.5 ft wif some tiles jutting out of the border towards the TV in the centre, to form a sort-of jagged line instead of a a straight line border like a picture frame.

hope u get wat i mean.