Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
Soleil

Storage Water Heater Replacement - Have To Get Back The Same Brand?

My 15 year old Rheem storage heater started leaking. It was fine when I moved in last year. I got a plumber to have a look and he said that water leak from the tank, not the piping. He also said that the tank is corroded. He told me to get a new storage heater, but has to be the same brand. Really? Mine is a verticle tank, can't I get other brands that also has verticle tank with two outlet at the side?

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

If you get other brands, the two outlet pipe will not be in the same position. so you need to alter the pipework.

Getting the same brand of heater will not have such problem. Simply unscrew the nuts, remove the heater and fix back.

If you get other brands, the two outlet pipe will not be in the same position. so you need to alter the pipework.

Getting the same brand of heater will not have such problem. Simply unscrew the nuts, remove the heater and fix back.

agree with what Chiang218 has said. Dimensions and size difference along with existing pipework fitting make a difference.

Also, i'm sure you prefer not to have to drill new holes in your walls to accomodate the new different brand heaters?

Yes agreed, experience counts, if it can last 15 years , the return is already there, why not choose back the same brand and avoid taking the risk of a new one