Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
Leey0032

Our Baby!

Reno is 99% done.. left with the glass door for toilet which will be up next thurs/fri

will take more pics and upload!

lets do a review since reno is coming to an end...

Lightning.com.sg

cheap but quality and service so so only. the dining lights that we bought was of bad quality... the holes drilled (for hanging the crystals) are not align and 2 of the holes are so low that it is impossible to hang the crystal. 2 rows of crystals are missing... called up and they kindly agreed to supply me with the 2 missing rows of crystals (it was already more than 7 days) this is a plus pt, but in the end, we din manage to use the cystal cos the holes are so low, that it is impossible to hang the crystals... =(

on the first agreed delivery date, the staffs forgot about it... untl we called them....

but the price is cheap la...but yi fen qian yi fen huo...

service - 6/10

quality - 5/10

price - 8/10

Will i go back again - depends on how much money i have. got money wun go back there again... :P hahaa....

Mr Decor a@ IMM

Saw very terrible reviews on them after i purchased the sofa, coffee table and dining... was very worried...

However, it was proven otherwise....

Service on the day was very good. the uncle serving us was super nice and patient... manage to cut the price by a fair bit, to a price which we are comfortable with... went back after a few days cos we forgot to take measurement, and the uncle was very kind and promply offered to assist us.... thumbs up!

they called to confirm delivery date, and they are on time for the delivery.

The china delivery men are very nice, carefully explaining how to maintain and move the furnitures....

everything was good, in good condition and no wrong order....

service - 9/10

quality -9/10

price - 7/10

Will i go back again - yes i will!

Royal Fransco

Hubby saw pple recommended on this shop in the forum, so we went there...

bought quite a lot of things there as the uncle is quite nice....

However, the quality are not good, and we realise the uncle did not explain things clearly... and some of the things are overprice...

The basin we told the uncle we wanted top mount, den he recommended some, and we saw one particular basin wich we like, so we ask the uncle whether that basin is for top mount, and he said yes... true enuff, it can be top mounted, but there is a super big hole at the back of the basin cos it can be wall mounted as well... which the uncle did not tell us! Willie told us that it gonna loook very ugly if we use that basin, cos the mirror will reflect and the hole will be very visible! so we called up and requested to change.... uncle was kind enuff to allow exchange, but we have to bring down the old basin to him... catrrying a big basin all the way from cck to jalan besar is no joke... the cab fee is high... =(

i felt he sld have told us earlier, cos we only saw the picyture of the basin, and we really have no idea that there is a big hole at the back.. he claimed that he told us la.. but serously, if he had said that, i will not get the basin

The size of the toilet trap was wrong... caused a delay in the setting up of the toliet bowl... we already told him the measrement, yet it was wrong.

The tap he recommended was for both hot and cold water... we don even have hot water at the vanity area, he din even check with us before he recommended.. bad

the things we bought from him, he claimed are of good qualities, stainless steel.... but when we open it up, the rack for hanging towel was already rusted!

so much for stainless steel huh....

service - 7/10

quality - 5/10

price -6/10

Will i go back again - never.. this is worst than lightning,com.sg... cos uncle appeared to be very nice, but failed to advise us accurately.... we sld have research more. but there are things that we really expect the sale person to advise us on...

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

Best denki

Nothing much.. sale pple are friendly and advise us accurately... delivery men are very efficient...

only one problem.. we wanted wall mount, but the person key in table top.. and the sony agent never came... our fault for not checking properly :P

their hotline is really hot line... almost impossible to get thru

service - 8/10

quality - 8/10

price - 8/10

Will i go back again - yes. its better than courts!

And finally, most importantly, RFeviews of ID/contractor!

Willie from rooms for ideas

Pro...

He is a very nice guy who always smile and luff... never seen him frown before...

His ideas are usually pratical and he thinks of all possiblities.... he is as good as a designer.... (i don realli noe the diff betw id and contractor) the 3D drawing which he outsource to was nicely done.

Design concepts are good.. love the back of my shoe cabinet, tml i take pic.... he said it will be ugly to open the door and see a patch black wall, so he said he will design for us.. and i love it.... thats very nice of him to think of that.... he thinks of things that he overlook and advise us accordingly... an dhe solve my glass door problem.. super happy la.. cant wait for my glass door to be up.... and becos hubby fdon wan transparent... but i want transparent.. so Willie came up with a special design for us.... =)

His workers are generally nice and experience... but i caught them smoking in my hse la.... the tiler is not so good.... the electrical uncle is very friendly and kind... the capentry workers are alright....

He is not a calculative person... as i mentioned earlier, payment was made vry very late, but he was very understanding.... this one really must thumbs up for him...

He promised delivery before xmas, and it was very on time.... thumbs up... his work are always on time, or ahead of schedule.... thumbs up!

95% of the time, when he said he will get back to me about something, he will.. the other 5% when he is busy he forgot... but when we bug again, he rem. hahaha

Accurate information provided almost all the time.... willie is a very careful and xi xin person.... he will rem what we said and include it in his plan. and i think he got very good memory, cos he don jot things down, but he will always rem...

He willingly and promptly rectify problems found.

Cons...

Not much compaint about willie, except that he really reallly cld have been more involve in the whole reno... most of the time he is not ard, which surprises me... probably becos my initial expectation was that at least he sld be present in the beginning to instruct his workers.. but apparantly, it was not the case.

his workers are left to work on their own... the whole of the capentry work, i did nto see him...

Most of the defects are spotted by us... i donno whether this is normal anot la... but Willie don seem to be looking thru the pdt of his workers to ensure things are okay.. seems like he got total trust on his workers.. no need to check one...

When we ask him things, he tend to say "this one you must tell uncle, this one u must ask uncle". There was a pt where hubby said to me that we might as well hire uncle, not Willie... hmmm...

Was quite unhappy about the silicon thingy... Willie said that they use white sillicon cos painter suppose to paint it close to the wall color.. but there are parts where its black wall and black laminate, isn't it wiser to just use black silicon? i donno la... this one, realli donno.. a lot of things, i have no ideas if it is the painter job or the contractor job...

tiing job - 7/10

capentry - 6.5/10

electrical & pumbling - 7/10

acid wash - 5/10 (almost no use at all)

service - 8/10

involvment of Contractor - 5.5/10

attitude of contractor - 9/10

designs n ideas - 8/10

price - 8/10

overall - 8/10

i Will recommend Willie....although he is always not ard, but i guess the most impt thing is his willingness to rectify problems. Only issue is the sillicon thingy... the rest of the things, i think Willie did a pretty good job!

it is impt to find a sincere person to do the reno.... and i think he got a really good attitude.

Overall reno is a plesant experience for me. :D

Edited by Leey0032

Andrew from Xerxes

as meantioned earlier, i engage another ID for painting.. the experience was rather awful i must say.

The painters are horrible... i hate to use such extreme work, but this is the fact. the paitners are irresponsible, inexperience and lazy.

the door frame was ridiculously done. areas which are visible are okay painted.. but those areas that are not so visible, (behind door, at the bottom of the wall, pipes, etc) are very done... obviously due to laziness.... stains are not completely wipe off (our fault cos final inspection din do properly, miss out some areas)

painter tried to out source his own service at sky high rate. 1k for such horrible job (stil must provide own paint) is crazy.

But something worth mentioning, Andrew has been very nice thru out the entire process...

from color selection to rectifying the problem..

when we were choosing colours, he kindly gave us one more cololur foc becos we max out our colours... altogether we had 7 or 8 colours.. and he was very nice desptite the fact that we did not engage his service to do the reno work...

he was always reachable. we called him up to change colour and he will always pick up the call,, no matter what time.

he is a very careful person.... almost zero mistakes in taking down the things we wanted, thru fone or face to face, he will rem everything..

He stayed thruout the 2 days of touch up and repaint... he only left for lunch, and he sent another chinese man to oversee the 2 workers....

was kind of surprise to see him staying thruout the entire process, from 11am to 8pm... he sat there and look at the workers... we told him to go off and do his things, but he inisisted to stay on....

service - 9/10

quality - 4/10

I am not sure whether the workers for other work like capentry, tiling, plumbling etc are done by experience workers or not... becos this will really determine whether to recommend his service...

HOwever, i think Andrew is a responsible ID.... but his painters really scare me off..

but at least i can proudly say that Xerxes is different from the previous company, i think it was known as emmamel or something like tt... they changed name....

Edited by Leey0032

And finally, most importantly, RFeviews of ID/contractor!

Willie from rooms for ideas

Pro...

He is a very nice guy who always smile and luff... never seen him frown before...

His ideas are usually pratical and he thinks of all possiblities.... he is as good as a designer.... (i don realli noe the diff betw id and contractor) the 3D drawing which he outsource to was nicely done.

Design concepts are good.. love the back of my shoe cabinet, tml i take pic.... he said it will be ugly to open the door and see a patch black wall, so he said he will design for us.. and i love it.... thats very nice of him to think of that.... he thinks of things that he overlook and advise us accordingly... an dhe solve my glass door problem.. super happy la.. cant wait for my glass door to be up.... and becos hubby fdon wan transparent... but i want transparent.. so Willie came up with a special design for us.... =)

His workers are generally nice and experience... but i caught them smoking in my hse la.... the tiler is not so good.... the electrical uncle is very friendly and kind... the capentry workers are alright....

He is not a calculative person... as i mentioned earlier, payment was made vry very late, but he was very understanding.... this one really must thumbs up for him...

He promised delivery before xmas, and it was very on time.... thumbs up... his work are always on time, or ahead of schedule.... thumbs up!

95% of the time, when he said he will get back to me about something, he will.. the other 5% when he is busy he forgot... but when we bug again, he rem. hahaha

Accurate information provided almost all the time.... willie is a very careful and xi xin person.... he will rem what we said and include it in his plan. and i think he got very good memory, cos he don jot things down, but he will always rem...

He willingly and promptly rectify problems found.

Cons...

Not much compaint about willie, except that he really reallly cld have been more involve in the whole reno... most of the time he is not ard, which surprises me... probably becos my initial expectation was that at least he sld be present in the beginning to instruct his workers.. but apparantly, it was not the case.

his workers are left to work on their own... the whole of the capentry work, i did nto see him...

Most of the defects are spotted by us... i donno whether this is normal anot la... but Willie don seem to be looking thru the pdt of his workers to ensure things are okay.. seems like he got total trust on his workers.. no need to check one...

When we ask him things, he tend to say "this one you must tell uncle, this one u must ask uncle". There was a pt where hubby said to me that we might as well hire uncle, not Willie... hmmm...

Was quite unhappy about the silicon thingy... Willie said that they use white sillicon cos painter suppose to paint it close to the wall color.. but there are parts where its black wall and black laminate, isn't it wiser to just use black silicon? i donno la... this one, realli donno.. a lot of things, i have no ideas if it is the painter job or the contractor job...

tiing job - 7/10

capentry - 6.5/10

electrical & pumbling - 7/10

acid wash - 5/10 (almost no use at all)

service - 8/10

involvment of Contractor - 5.5/10

attitude of contractor - 9/10

designs n ideas - 8/10

price - 8/10

overall - 8/10

i Will recommend Willie....although he is always not ard, but i guess the most impt thing is his willingness to rectify problems. Only issue is the sillicon thingy... the rest of the things, i think Willie did a pretty good job!

it is impt to find a sincere person to do the reno.... and i think he got a really good attitude.

Overall reno is a plesant experience for me. :D

Good and unbiased review of Willie with both good and bad points, I will use some of your points when I recommend willie to others. Everyone should have the chance to know what to expect before they engage certain contractors, and engage only if can accept the cons, but overall most important must be good experience.

<b>Andrew from Xerxes</b>

as meantioned earlier, i engage another ID for painting.. the experience was rather awful i must say.

The painters are horrible... i hate to use such extreme work, but this is the fact. the paitners are irresponsible, inexperience and lazy.

the door frame was ridiculously done. areas which are visible are okay painted.. but those areas that are not so visible, (behind door, at the bottom of the wall, pipes, etc) are very done... obviously due to laziness.... stains are not completely wipe off (our fault cos final inspection din do properly, miss out some areas)

painter tried to out source his own service at sky high rate. 1k for such horrible job (stil must provide own paint) is crazy.

But something worth mentioning, Andrew has been very nice thru out the entire process...

from color selection to rectifying the problem..

when we were choosing colours, he kindly gave us one more cololur foc becos we max out our colours... altogether we had 7 or 8 colours.. and he was very nice desptite the fact that we did not engage his service to do the reno work...

he was always reachable. we called him up to change colour and he will always pick up the call,, no matter what time.

he is a very careful person.... almost zero mistakes in taking down the things we wanted, thru fone or face to face, he will rem everything..

He stayed thruout the 2 days of touch up and repaint... he only left for lunch, and he sent another chinese man to oversee the 2 workers....

was kind of surprise to see him staying thruout the entire process, from 11am to 8pm... he sat there and look at the workers... we told him to go off and do his things, but he inisisted to stay on....

service - 9/10

quality - 4/10

I am not sure whether the workers for other work like capentry, tiling, plumbling etc are done by experience workers or not... becos this will really determine whether to recommend his service...

HOwever, i think Andrew is a responsible ID.... but his painters really scare me off..

but at least i can proudly say that Xerxes is different from the previous company, i think it was known as emmamel or something like tt... they changed name....

hi, was browsing through the forum when i saw your blog. actually decided to engage this id firm, xerxes. until i saw your blog. even showed blog to wife but she said she has already decided to engage this company. :bangwall:

Is his designs good? any other feedbacks about this id? Cross fingers hoping its not that bad...