Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
therat

Bedok Central, Let Chat Here. Part Ii

Hi Bedokian,

I close the previous thread as it has reach pg 99.

Part I

Welcome to all Bedokian.

Hope more information sharing regarding the new sport hall and the new shopping mall.

But.. WHERE is the cinema.

I miss my $5 princess movie ticket.

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation
Hi Bedokian,

Welcome to all Bedokian.

Hope more information sharing regarding the new sport hall and the new shopping mall.

Isn't kampong chai chee community centre is too small for sports hall? What I can thought of is the current panasonic company opposite the mrt which is big enough for sports hall.

Hi Bedokian,

Welcome to all Bedokian.

Sport hub comes, mango trees go. I'll miss the mangos :( .

Edited by bepgof

heard will be shifting sport stuff to the plot of land beside library.

This will be closer to the food centre

PAP MP start to act liao.

Around 8pm , RC member start to knock door and give up flyer with freedie. Say 5 Dec got simi walk along

I don't want walk along

I want my $5 princess cinema.

A rollerskate park and playground is about to make way to a new sports hub to be integrated into Kampong Chai Chee Community Centre.

The old Bedok Swimming Complex and other sporting amenities, except the jogging track, will also be replaced by new HDB flats.

Where they plan to move the swimming complex?

To that plot of land beside library?

That area was quite small.

They better keep their hand off from Blk 216.

I still want to drink my coffee

I missed the news while I was in Japan, google here & there, can't find any mentioning of relocation of swiming pool.

- Running track will be remained

- Swimming pool to be remained at present loc?? or move??

- New building will house CC, NTUC, polyclinic.... library??

- Ya, small plot of land, vehicles in/out already headace, not to mention any "pools", may be the Singapore pools.

- There urgenly need multi-storey carpark to save space, but why don't do yet?

Edited by bepgof

Hi Bedokian,

Welcome to all Bedokian.

hi therat, why is there a need to close the prev thread even if it reach pg99? there are other thread which is more than 99 pages too. i hope you can merge it back as there are many useful information there. I hope you agree on my plea to you and address this thing accordingly. thank you so much....

:)

Edited by big orange

I missed the news while I was in Japan, google here & there, can't find any mentioning of relocation of swiming pool.

- Running track will be remained

- Swimming pool to be remained at present loc?? or move??

- New building will house CC, NTUC, polyclinic.... library??

- Ya, small plot of land, vehicles in/out already headace, not to mention any "pools", may be the Singapore pools.

- There urgenly need multi-storey carpark to save space, but why don't do yet?

this new lor

http://www.channelnewsasia.com/stories/sin...1092031/1/.html

Lee Yi Shyan "happy but reluctant" to stand for Joo Chiat

SINGAPORE: Minister of State for Trade & Industry and Manpower Lee Yi Shyan has said that if he is asked to stand as a candidate in Joo Chiat for the next General Election, he will be "happy but reluctant".

He is the Second Adviser in Joo Chiat, a Single Member Constituency (SMC), currently helmed by MP Chan Soo Sen.

Speaking to reporters on Monday ahead of a ministerial visit to Kampong Chai Chee, Mr Lee cited his strong team of grassroots leaders at Kampong Chai Chee as a reason for his reluctance to leave his current ward.

He also spoke of the vision ahead for Kampong Chai Chee.

He said: "When we were working on Kampong Chai Chee, we really worked on it wholeheartedly. I never had second thoughts about going elsewhere because I owe it all my volunteers here, and my residents here.

"It's really exciting to work towards a common vision of improving a fairly old estate."

A rollerskate park and playground is about to make way to a new sports hub to be integrated into Kampong Chai Chee Community Centre.

The old Bedok Swimming Complex and other sporting amenities, except the jogging track, will also be replaced by new HDB flats.

Mr Lee said: "If the new housing can come in, then we have a chance to inject new housing and new families into Kampong Chai Chee, into Bedok Centre. And that's a very good thing to do, from the point of renewal, and from the point of adding dynamism to Bedok."

Plans also include a revamp of Bedok interchange - to become hubs like Ang Mo Kio and Toa Payoh - housing 500 new residential units.

Despite the ongoing work in Kampong Chai Chee, Mr Lee said if asked, he would be "happy" to stand in Joo Chiat.

"I think the PAP looks at politics in a very serious way, in the sense that our ultimate goal is really to secure the best future for Singapore. Whether as individual candidates we compete in SMC or GRC, it's really for a higher objective," he added.

In the past, office-holders like Mr Lee have been moved to contest in single seat constituencies.

In the next General Election due by February 2012, at least three new SMCs are expected to be carved out.

- CNA/wk/al

where is the gym that is build at bedok reservoir??

http://news.asiaone.com/News/AsiaOne%2BNew...122-248397.html

BEDOK residents have a new option when it comes to keeping fit near their homes, thanks to the opening of a sprawling rooftop gym on the top floor of a three-storey carpark.

Called Gym @ Bedok Reservoir, the 2,000-sq-ft air-conditioned facility located in Block 714A, Bedok Reservoir Road, offers residents an alternative to the jogging track and watersports facilities at the nearby Bedok Reservoir Park.

The gym is also the first rooftop gym here to be built in a Housing Board estate.

Its official opening yesterday marked the fulfilment of a promise that Mr George Yeo, Foreign Minister and a Member of Parliament for Aljunied GRC, made to residents at the last elections.

At the opening ceremony, he said: "People will assess you on the basis of your performance and your sincerity over a period of many years. It's not what you do in the period just before the General Elections (GE)."

Mr Yeo, who also advises Bedok Reservoir-Punggol grassroots organisations, was speaking to about 100 residents and grassroots leaders.

"The important thing is to look after your residents," he said. "Don't do it for the GE, but do it because it's good for them."

The gym, in operation since Oct 1, aims to promote healthy living and build a stronger identity for residents in Bedok Reservoir.

It was built at a cost of $240,000, all of which came from a fund-raising dinner held in April. The event raised about S$300,000 from corporations, religious groups and foundations, which booked tables ranging from S$1,000 to S$3,000 each.

Construction began on March 1 and ended on June 5. Private-gym managers F1 Recreation will operate the gym and provide fitness instructors to oversee the residents' workouts.

Residents need pay only $3.50 for a two-hour session.

Those aged 21 and below, or 60 and above, will pay $2.50.

Retiree Josephine Chew, 63, who has lived in the neighbourhood for 30 years, said the gym offers her the convenience of exercising even in bad weather.

"If I cannot go outdoors to exercise, I will come here instead," said Mrs Chew, who exercises about five times a week.

Fellow resident Muhammad Rozaimi Abdul Rahim, 31, welcomes the facility as it is near his flat in Block 709.

The part-time fitness consultant used to go to gyms in Tampines and Toa Payoh about three times a week, but now enjoys the convenience of working out in his own neighbourhood.

"This will save me time as I can come here instead, before or after work," he said.

Wow lau, need to pay $3.5/2hr. Who wants?

The slope glider season is almost here already, will see many ppls, go up to slope to enjoy their "thermal trust" with the gliders without propellers. I'm one of the them, hehe.

Edited by bepgof

Hi all,

There will be a new fitness corner build in Linear Green, however i feel it a bit waste of money given that there are similar facilities within the compound, and there is a stadium nearby.

If the station are meant for younger folk to built up their muscles, there is no running track which they can benefit on. If it is for older community, there is a good one near to the RC area. (correct me if I'm wrong)

I do feel the money can be further well-spent by providing shelter area, maintain the cleanliness of the lift and common area.

all neighbors, do let me know your feel especially if it diff from mine.

Thanks.

Edited by big orange

infront of 219C, i think they want break the seat and built it there. But strangely, i cannot find the notice on the lift area now. Let me ask around before i get back to you.

infront of 219C, i think they want break the seat and built it there. But strangely, i cannot find the notice on the lift area now. Let me ask around before i get back to you.

dunno where the poster go. disappeared