Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
marktan

Wrought Iron Gate

Hi guys! Any experience with CNS metal? I read a positive post somewhere and then proceeded to order a driveway gate with them. Initial sales presentation was very professional but after the order, i found it hard to receive a reply. It's about 1 to 2 weeks and I am still waiting for the delivery date. Is hot-dip galvanising important? Is there any forumers out there with experience with them?

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

http://www.renotalk.com/forum/index.php?s=...st&p=560745

Post no 437.

Done by CNS. Not good, u better check that they paint the underside of your gate and all those areas where u typically will not notice.

Cuts corner job. :(

Other forumers like strawberry8 also discovered similar issues, not sure if it was settled.

Alternatively u can look out for Dextufo's t-blog as he would be getting his grilles..

http://www.renotalk.com/forum/index.php?sh...0&start=120

As for the installation, wifey had to sternly tell them to come and install and no change of dates will be entertained. Then they guai guai come. Hope u had not paid them in full.

Thanks for sharing. I am afraid my builder has put in the deposit. As advised by you, I would look into those corners and base when its ready. Meanwhile, I would cross my fingers and wait. I also better hold back other plans for window grills and others with them until the final product.

Thanks for sharing. I am afraid my builder has put in the deposit. As advised by you, I would look into those corners and base when its ready. Meanwhile, I would cross my fingers and wait. I also better hold back other plans for window grills and others with them until the final product.

:) as long as not paid in full, still not so bad la...

cheers!

If ur gate comes under the exposure of weathering e.g. hot sun, rain, shine, etc, it is definitely necessary to go for hot dip. For gates which r hot dipped, the finishings would be a bit lumpy in view of the chemicals.

U should go for Metalworld Pte Ltd.

They might be on the pricey side but they have great aftersales service (referring to their HQ). The foreman, George Yeo, is a very professional & experienced engineer whose well-versed in the ergonomics of gates or whatever grilles they are installing for their clients.

I used them when my fengshui master told me to tilt my HDB flat's gate; the workmanship was superb. "No horse run" in our Singapore lingo in Hokkien.

Edited by edenstrauss

Hi

Anyone know whether is it possible to change the colour of the wrought iron gate (i.e. dismantle existing gate and send for re-powder coat, then reinstall)?

I am trying to find contractors to do this as mine is a new unit and my FSM advised that the gate colour to be of a particular colour instead of the bronze colour that HDB gave. I find it a waste to just throw away the existing gate which is brand new and change to another one. Not environmentally friendly too :D

Hi

Anyone know whether is it possible to change the colour of the wrought iron gate (i.e. dismantle existing gate and send for re-powder coat, then reinstall)?

I am trying to find contractors to do this as mine is a new unit and my FSM advised that the gate colour to be of a particular colour instead of the bronze colour that HDB gave. I find it a waste to just throw away the existing gate which is brand new and change to another one. Not environmentally friendly too :D

i think u can paint urself if u want to....or get painters to do it for u.

i think u can paint urself if u want to....or get painters to do it for u.

Thanks, I spoken to some contractor and they say that can paint into other colour like wrought iron pattern (i.e. with black patches) :D

I think i read somewhere before on some negative feedback on the forum but not sure where is the topic already.

Maybe you should hold first. Mine was installed by Wrought Iron Gate Singapore and i find them ok.

I will post more info on CNS if i happen to read any.

How much was yours? Alum wrought gate?