Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
tazzycorner

Help With Water Stains On Lower Part Of Walls

I just moved in a terrace house and water stains have surfaced on the bottom parts of some of my walls on the ground floor, especially in the living room

The paints will come out a little looking a bit yellow-ish with lots of small “bubbles”

The painter has come to re-coat some water-proofing stuff and re-paint a few rounds but some of the stains still surface after a week.

The contractor says it’s due to humidity?

Anyone has experience dealing with this?

Thanks in advance!

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation
I just moved in a terrace house and water stains have surfaced on the bottom parts of some of my walls on the ground floor, especially in the living room

The paints will come out a little looking a bit yellow-ish with lots of small “bubbles”

The painter has come to re-coat some water-proofing stuff and re-paint a few rounds but some of the stains still surface after a week.

The contractor says it’s due to humidity?

Anyone has experience dealing with this?

Thanks in advance!

Similar to the problem I had encountered since I moved to a 20+ years condo about 3 years ago. When I decided to change my conceal pipe due to hacking of toilet tiles, we realised that there is water leakage from the existing pipe. How old is your terrace house?

Similar to the problem I had encountered since I moved to a 20+ years condo about 3 years ago. When I decided to change my conceal pipe due to hacking of toilet tiles, we realised that there is water leakage from the existing pipe. How old is your terrace house?

20+ years

funny thing is, one of the walls is newly built, so unless the new pipes in there leak too :/

One possibility could be seepage of soil moisture through your walls. A foundation is suppose to have a thin layer of non water permeable sheet (e.g. aluminium sheet) to stop water seeping up (capilary effect).

I don't know what is the mitigation. Perhaps doing a google on this may give you some idea.

probably due to water proofing not done over the entire wall area..most contractors will tend to save on water-proofing and do only 1 feet(i think)..but have to cover the entire wet area..probably the whole house to be safe