Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
mae29

Extreme Makeover @ Pandan Gardens

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

Bedroom 3 - Second Son's room

We are mindful of the door knob banging against on the wardrobe glass door, so there is a door stopper at the top of bedroom door. I will also be installing a row of rubber stoppers (very kiasu) on the wooden door frame. Wanted to open door at the other direction, but not suitable & convenient.

grq4_920_uc4it.jpg

The door stopper wouldn't help much..

Either you get a door closer that can hold at 90deg which i install for my toilet.

Or you can buy those off the rack decent looking stopper with 3M tape behind and put it near the small little "pillar"

"Sorry i can't post any pic"...

So when you open the door, the door knob wouldn't hit the frosted glass..

meaning the door will only open for abt 70-80deg depending on the thickness of the stopper..

hope you get what i mean.. :unsure:

;)

acherly, the step-on rubber stoppers installed at the bottom of door will not really provide good friction onto ur smooth homo tiles, as the rubber feet will not "bite" onto the smooth floor. Initially i wanted my door installer to install one of these, but told me no point.....

maybe can consider those hydraulic autodoor closer mechanism to slow down the opening...

You are referring to those "fire rated" door closer??..where you need to push harder when the door is at ~90deg..

The door stopper wouldn't help much..

Either you get a door closer that can hold at 90deg which i install for my toilet.

Or you can buy those off the rack decent looking stopper with 3M tape behind and put it near the small little "pillar"

"Sorry i can't post any pic"...

So when you open the door, the door knob wouldn't hit the frosted glass..

meaning the door will only open for abt 70-80deg depending on the thickness of the stopper..

hope you get what i mean.. :unsure:

;)

Putting the stopper on the little 'pillar' of door frame is what I intended to buy & fix.

Looks like this evening time will be spent on searching for door stopper.

Progress photographs:

Sliding doors for pole system wardrobe completed.

Bedroom 4 - Eldest son's room

co_ec3_uc4it.jpg

Bedroom 2 - youngest son's room

grq4_c75_uc4it.jpg

As seen in this picture, the painters are still doing the touch -up to ceilings & walls of whole house following my complaints. Yesterday, they repainted the corners of ceilings, and today, will be the walls.

The friend of mine also came last evening to terminate the Cat 6 cables.

grq4_16f_uc4it.jpg

Edited by mae29

woah mae, u must spent a bomb on this reno

$$$ is flowing out like water... :jawdrop:

Now my $$$ vault is like a vacuum, waiting for replenishment :sport-smiley-003:

Oh...just recalled I haven't reply to your question. I am on leave this afternoon and can use iphone to log in & reply to PMs, while waiting for plumber & locksmith to come this afternoon.

Edited by mae29

Hi mae29, seems like you're doing an awful lot of camping at your new place to get things installed. Did you have an arrangement with your ID for things like this? At least you don't have to take so much leave...

Hi Mae, nice home you have there....

mind pm me your ID name, contact and company?

Is his quote reseonable or slighly on the higher end?

Hi mae29, seems like you're doing an awful lot of camping at your new place to get things installed. Did you have an arrangement with your ID for things like this? At least you don't have to take so much leave...

Hi, janurary

I need to go back this afternoon as my locksmith is coming to install the door & gate locks.

Further, the plumber is coming to install the accessories, and only I know where I want to fix them; it is my house, not my ID.

ID is coming this afternoon, but I only trust myself. :rolleyes:

ID is the creator of ideas, but I am the owner of his creation. :P

Edited by mae29

hahahha but money well spent. how much is your reno so far?

I will PM you my reno cost....

Hi Mae, nice home you have there....

mind pm me your ID name, contact and company?

Is his quote reseonable or slighly on the higher end?

Hi, Wenx

Thank you for visiting my reno blog.

PM sent...

The shop was recommended by my ID; previously they are located at IMM, but now shifted to Kaki Bukit. The shop name is 'Shop 8 Renovation & Decoration'. I paid $788 for the complete set as seen in the picture, including installation. Model is TPS 330 / 25". It is fully extendable upto 7 feet length. See my illustration in the picture. My friend came today to visit me, and commented that the lifting mechanism seems sturdy, good.

The rope you see in the picture is meant for clipping & holding up bedsheets for drying.

Hi Mae... yes it indeed look very sturdy, the quality is something that caught my eye. I'm currently looking for something to be use and hang indoor at the laundry yard.

Thanks for the info, btw if you have the address of the shop would u mind to let me know if it doesn't cause much hassle to you.

qdo8_65c_uc4it.jpg

further photographs:

The Cat 6 cable termination in MBR, which is called Room 1.

A spare next to it is provided for future expansion:

grq4_670_uc4it.jpg

Carpentry works - ID called to inform carpentry works for balance of reno items - TV console, sliding windows & shoe cabinets will be installed either next Mon or Tuesday, just in time for official handover date to me. :)

The 2 big full height aluminium frame sliding doors standby at the store room, waiting for the shoe cabinet at the side to be installed first:

grq4_398_uc4it.jpg

I am hoping to achieve the same effect as seen in 3D drawings...

oyud_7cf_uc4it.jpg

By the way, as the sliding doors are full height, the delivery guys lugged them up all the way to my unit. Only the doors for wardrobe @ MBR can go into the lift. The wardrobe at MBR is shorter due to false ceiling installed, creating a foyer-like concept. It is too cramp for me to snap a full wide view....left about 52cm walking space for me only. Otherwise, the walking space between my bedframe & windows will be affected badly.

The bottom track for the sliding doors of pole systems wardrobe...very smooth & sturdy! There are closing mechanism near both ends which you need to glide & push abit to close doors completely.

grq4_c90_uc4it.jpg

My neighbour installed normal laminate sliding doors on their wardrobe and my downstairs neighbour told me they always hear noises like 'furniture dragging' across the floor every now and then. They moved in less than 6 months and already have problem with their sliding wooden doors.

With the natural process when the wood warps, the problem could be worst. When my ID told me about this possible problem in the future, I took his advice and change all sliding doors to aluminium tracks with frosted glass.

You are referring to those "fire rated" door closer??..where you need to push harder when the door is at ~90deg..

Yes, those hydraulic type which will always keep door close. But I need the door to be opened during the day.

My solution now is to buy more stoppers and stick them along the door frame.

For feng shui reason, I cannot change the opening to the right side of entrance. His bed is on that right wall, and Qi won't be able to meander in the room as it will exit through the facing windows.

so the "resting" height is at least 1.6m? are the poles designed such that u can slip the clothes thru the poles, or just hang out (just like bath towels) and fasten with pegs?

oh, forgot to tell u that the 'resting' drop comes in 2 different height. I choose the higher one, as I'm quite tall & prefer to stretch my hands abit to dry cloths. It also won't hit someone's head accidentally.

Thx also for the good advice on aircon testing. I forgot to let it run & see if water is properly discharge. I guess I will let aircon run whole afternoon on coming weekend. Hope that I can see water flowing at outlet piping.

Edited by mae29