Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
mae29

Extreme Makeover @ Pandan Gardens

Progress photographs:

Sliding doors for pole system wardrobe completed.

Bedroom 4 - Eldest son's room

co_ec3_uc4it.jpg

Bedroom 2 - youngest son's room

grq4_c75_uc4it.jpg

As seen in this picture, the painters are still doing the touch -up to ceilings & walls of whole house following my complaints. Yesterday, they repainted the corners of ceilings, and today, will be the walls.

The friend of mine also came last evening to terminate the Cat 6 cables.

grq4_16f_uc4it.jpg

Has the interior of the pole system finished?

Can't wait to see the interior.. :good:

Your whole house is wired up.. just like a SOHO... hehe..

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

Progress photographs:

Following my complaint, 4 painters returned on Tuesday afternoon and Wednesday working full day. You can imagine why I was very pissed off by their workmanship. Took them only 2 days to finish the painting, but now, after 1 and half day, yet still alot more to be done :o The painters are coming back today to complete the re-painting of almost all the walls and grilles.

The 'lobang lobang' at the corner of electrical trunking were very unsighty. Seen here is the 'boss' covering the gaps with the white powdery sealant before they repaint the trunking again.

grq4_edd_uc4it.jpg

Another painter seen re-painting the door frames and corners.

grq4_945_uc4it.jpg

another painter at work......the walls will be re-painted today.

grq4_708_uc4it.jpg

...and repainting the sides of casing for the pole systems wardrobe at my MBR, and the rest of rooms!!

grq4_ed2_uc4it.jpg

Progress photographs - continued

With me around yesterday, they did a proper job. They masked the door frames before they repainted the gates. I am still not satisfied with the work and they are returning today to apply one more coat.

grq4_fa4_uc4it.jpg

grq4_b23_uc4it.jpg

With me around, they also cleaned up the place before they left. The painter boss told me before he left that he will come back this morning to do a 'good job' for me. I was telling myself they better have to be very 'ON'. I understand from my ID that this group of painters is on their list of selected painters, and the boss himself was a previous employee of the ID's firm. I told my ID that it is time for his firm to de-list them if they do not perform a good job! I have also emailed to complain to the ID's firm on their 'preferred' painter. :unsure:

grq4_010_uc4it.jpg

Progress photographs - continued

The installation of accessories.....

Sink Mixer - Bought this type of mixer with the broader top so it is almost centre of the sink, and water won't splash so much on the back of sink support.

grq4_826_uc4it.jpg

Common Bathroom - This Rainshower set was supposed to be installed at MBR toilet for me, but now ended up for boys.

Ohhh...just saw from this picture the painter didn't clean up the paint stained on wall tiles! I must tell him later when I go back during lunchtime today!

grq4_e1d_uc4it.jpg

grq4_aa8_uc4it.jpg

Service Balcony - there will be a hairdryer for the boys so I installed a big mirror for them.

grq4_a48_uc4it.jpg

Progress photographs - continued:

Toilet @ MBR

The holder for toilet roll has to be mounted onto the cabinet.....

grq4_376_uc4it.jpg

The ordinary shower set - almost hitting the beam. That's why I cannot mount the Rain shower set for MBR toilet.

grq4_f49_uc4it.jpg

Unable to take a full view of the toilet / bath....only in sections. You see the PVC pipes & Beam? I cannot even put up a shower screen...just a tiny panel of shower screen to satisfy my dream....

grq4_6d6_uc4it.jpg

Omg you really have a LOT of pipes... at inconvenient places somemore...

But hey your place is shaping up really well! I envy your large kitchen... all the new flats have really tiny kitchens.

The locksmith installing locks at doors & gates.

I am used to getting this brand, and insist on this installer Mr Low for the lock. Unlike others, this guy will drill through the wrought iron metal & fasten the lock with screws hidden inside. So, there is double security and the lock is firmly secured onto the gate, unlike those common brand which is shaky and easily removed by any Dick, Tom and Harry.

If you have not seen how he installed the lock, you will never know how to dismantle it. It took my ID and me the whole day trying to figure out how to remove the old lock from the gate, before I eventually get my friend to call Mr Low for his step by step guide to remove it!

grq4_0ee_uc4it.jpg

grq4_78f_uc4it.jpg

It is one-key type, so I bought 2 sets from him: One set of lock & locking mechanism for the Main Gate + Main Door, and the other set for Side gate + side door. Each set comes with 6 pieces of keys.

Edited by mae29

The whole reno is finishing soon....here are the photos of each room completed todate:

Bedroom 3 - Second son's room

grq4_442_uc4it.jpg

grq4_dc9_uc4it.jpg

grq4_296_uc4it.jpg

His favourable direction & location for the bed is on right corner when entering his room. That's why I cannot change the direction of door.....still trying to solve the issue mentioned in earlier post.

your palace is getting nicer as the day goes by! :D

your wash basin cabinet next to the WC is made of full acrylic?

the toilet roll holder placed there may not be a good idea, as the bidet washer is there, water splash onto the paper roll..... imagine a soggy toilet roll for the next user....

your palace is getting nicer as the day goes by! :D

your wash basin cabinet next to the WC is made of full acrylic?

the toilet roll holder placed there may not be a good idea, as the bidet washer is there, water splash onto the paper roll..... imagine a soggy toilet roll for the next user....

Thank you for the compliment...after spending so much $$$ on reno, it has to look good!

The basic cabinet is bought off the rack, not acrylic.

Toilet roll holder, anywhere I put oso kena the bidget. When wind blows, the toilet roll starts 'flying'. Moreover, its design is restricting its placement; otherwise when you pull the paper, the whole toilet roll comes off!

Anyway, the other user is also ME lah! Nobody else can use my toilet at home. That's why we still keep separate common bathroom & toilet at kitchen area.

Has the interior of the pole system finished?

Can't wait to see the interior.. :good:

Your whole house is wired up.. just like a SOHO... hehe..

Hi,

The interior was completed before the sliding doors are up. I have taken few shots today and will post up later. No regret changing from conventional casement type to pole system wardrobes.

Omg you really have a LOT of pipes... at inconvenient places somemore...

But hey your place is shaping up really well! I envy your large kitchen... all the new flats have really tiny kitchens.

You are right, I turn left see pipes, turn right also see pipes. Turn again, see beams! You also noticed from my floor plan there are so many beams & columns for this point block!

I like most is the kitchen which has another access door, and the original livingroom which is really spacious.

Photographs of completed rooms - continued

Bedroom 2 - Youngest son

Study table & top cabinet for his musical books & magazines

grq4_ae1_uc4it.jpg

The 6-feet pole system wardrobe with 2 sliding doors:

grq4_fef_uc4it.jpg

Hi mae,

Nice reno for ur house, do you mind to share ur id and the reno cost to me?

Regards,

Alex

Hi, tz_jie aka Alex

Thank you for the compliment...I am hoping that the whole house, especially the bedrooms, will look better with furnishing by end of this month.

My ID is trully worth recommending, and I will PM the contact & reno details to you.