Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
krdesign

Do I Need A Hdb Permit For This?

Hi, I just bought a 3-room resale. I am intending to hack away the existing floor and wall tiles for the kitchen and 2 bathrooms, and replace them with new tiles.

Do I need to apply for a HDB reno permit to carry out the above works? Cos I talked to my contractor, and he said that as long as there is no hacking of walls or structures, no need to apply for HDB permit. Is this true? (I suspect my contractor saying this cos he is not a registered HDB contractor.)

In any case, if I need a permit, can I just engage my own hacker and tiler? Will they be able to get the necessary permits done for me? Also, how much does submission for HDB permit cost?

Thanks in advance.

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

http://www.hdb.gov.sg/fi10/fi10324p.nsf/w/...ng?OpenDocument

Types of Building Work Need Permit?

Replacement of ceramic, homogeneous, terrazzo, marble, parquet/timber flooring or other tiles ==> Yes

Removal of existing toilet floor tiles after first three years from the date of completion of the block. ==> Yes

Replacement of existing toilet wall tiles after first three years ==> Yes

Time Allowed for Renovations

4. Noisy Work such as cutting of tiles, demolition of walls and removing floor/wall finishes are restricted from 9.00 am to 5.00 pm during the weekdays. Such work are not allowed on Saturdays, Sundays and Public Holidays.

================

I think you can look for another contractor.

Don't even use a contractor who does not have any license.

Thanks so much for your info.

Do you know any hacker / tiler that have HDB licence? I don't need to buy tiles through them, cos I already bought my tiles liao.

Which means I only need their workmanship, that's all.

http://www.hdb.gov.sg/fi10/fi10324p.nsf/w/...ng?OpenDocument

Types of Building Work Need Permit?

Replacement of ceramic, homogeneous, terrazzo, marble, parquet/timber flooring or other tiles ==> Yes

Removal of existing toilet floor tiles after first three years from the date of completion of the block. ==> Yes

Replacement of existing toilet wall tiles after first three years ==> Yes

Time Allowed for Renovations

4. Noisy Work such as cutting of tiles, demolition of walls and removing floor/wall finishes are restricted from 9.00 am to 5.00 pm during the weekdays. Such work are not allowed on Saturdays, Sundays and Public Holidays.

================

if i not wrong, you need to get a PE, professonal engineer to certifiy too.

That's not correct. A PE is only hired to endorse works that have not been approved by HDB. For eg, if an application to hack a particular wall has been rejected by HDB, you can hire a PE to see if the hacking of that wall affects the block's structure and apply for HDB'spproval again if it does not.

Add on a tiny qualification to your advise ;)

Contractors who dun have a license usually have a business-arrangement with a contractor who has a license who will apply for his permit... Double-check to confirm though.

Add on a tiny qualification to your advise ;)

Contractors who dun have a license usually have a business-arrangement with a contractor who has a license who will apply for his permit... Double-check to confirm though.

I'm looking for a contractor who has a HDB license to apply for the permit, of course such service will incur an adminstrative fee. I can get workers direct for the work. Anyone has contacts to share here? PM me if not convenient to post here.

Ya, I am wondering also where to get such contact for HDB permit submission. Cos I am intending to do up my house myself (i.e. not go through ID or contractor), and save on costs as my budget is quite low. I know quite a good hacker. He is a China guy whom I got to know during my brother's recent condo reno, he and his team worked really fast and quite good quality work as well. Best of all, his price is quite low. Unfortunately, he has no licence. So if I wanna engage him, gotta think of a way around this HDB licence thing.

I'm looking for a contractor who has a HDB license to apply for the permit, of course such service will incur an adminstrative fee. I can get workers direct for the work. Anyone has contacts to share here? PM me if not convenient to post here.

Ya, I am wondering also where to get such contact for HDB permit submission. Cos I am intending to do up my house myself (i.e. not go through ID or contractor), and save on costs as my budget is quite low. I know quite a good hacker. He is a China guy whom I got to know during my brother's recent condo reno, he and his team worked really fast and quite good quality work as well. Best of all, his price is quite low. Unfortunately, he has no licence. So if I wanna engage him, gotta think of a way around this HDB licence thing.

if u hack and the unit below suffers problems like leakave, then u have to bear the consequences.

however, if the hdb contractor hack and the unit below suffers problems, they have to bear the consequences.

Imagine if wet works not done properly and water seeps thru to ur neighbour below, then u are in trouble.

Worth the risk..? Just get a licenced contractor, there are so many around.