Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
paddie

Replacing Daikin R22 Inverter System

Hi paddie,

Pls take note that daikin R22 inverter is a old model (rated 3 NEA ticks).. and true.. they are the only one with R22 inverter now..

Using back old pipes, have to take note of ur current capacity of ur FCU.. Pipe size might be a issue..

Pm me if u need any more details as these details are given from my friend..

Hope this helps..

Thanks for the reply. So now I know that pipe size must be looked at also. Probably I will not be increasing the capacity of the system too much.

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation
Hi Paddie,

I had used Gain City installation service 3 months ago using existing pipings as told by them it is ok but now got sound problems.

IMO they not very good in analyzing or solving complains encountered by consumer.

Everytime they came they gave us the feeling that b'cos it does not involve any $$, they will make comment that they not earning $$ if keep coming back.

So we also very paiseh in keep asking them to come back but no choice b'cos the sound problems cannot be solved till now. The fan coil, casing enclosures & compressor keep making

irritating & weird sound. Also cannot explain in details, it is mixture of different sounds together.

As consumer we also hope installation job will not create any problems, if they come back we also had to keep doing our part in protecting the laminated floorings to prevent any damages

done during the work.

Hi paddie,

Pls take note that daikin R22 inverter is a old model (rated 3 NEA ticks).. and true.. they are the only one with R22 inverter now..

Using back old pipes, have to take note of ur current capacity of ur FCU.. Pipe size might be a issue..

Hope this helps..

Hi Paddie,

I had used Gain City installation service 3 months ago using existing pipings as told by them it is ok but now got sound problems.

IMO they not very good in analyzing or solving complains encountered by consumer.

Everytime they came they gave us the feeling that b'cos it does not involve any $$, they will make comment that they not earning $$ if keep coming back.

So we also very paiseh in keep asking them to come back but no choice b'cos the sound problems cannot be solved till now. The fan coil, casing enclosures & compressor keep making

irritating & weird sound, whining, humming etc. Also cannot explain in details, it is mixture of different sounds together, imagine the sound generating on & on every night, the whole room

fill with sound.

As consumer we also hope installation job will not create any problems, if they come back we also had to keep doing our part in protecting the laminated floorings to prevent any damages

done during the work.

Edited by whitefantasy

Daikin has R22 inverters and they are still being made. Can check out coolserve.com.sg to see. I think they are the only brand to do this.

Hi paddie,

Hope this helps..

Your title thread is misleading.

R22 refrigerant is for non-inverter compressors.

Daikin has R22 inverters and they are still being made. Can check out coolserve.com.sg to see. I think they are the only brand to do this.

My Daikin inverter R22 system 3 compressor has conked out. I want to replace it without changing any piping. Went to an aircon shop, the man said I can only replace it with another Daikin R22 system, or a Mitsubishi Electric inverter R410a system. Thing is I thought you can't use r40a in R22 pipes. Anyone know?

Your title thread is misleading.

R22 refrigerant is for non-inverter compressors. Only R410 is.

I changed from R22 non-inverter to R410 inverter aircon few years back, piping reused back n still no problems for few years. Till now no gas leakage or whatsoever.

Edited by neubie

My Daikin inverter R22 system 3 compressor has conked out. I want to replace it without changing any piping. Went to an aircon shop, the man said I can only replace it with another Daikin R22 system, or a Mitsubishi Electric inverter R410a system. Thing is I thought you can't use r410a in R22 pipes. Anyone know?

Edited by paddie