Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
big orange

Where To Buy The Stainless Steel Cutlery Tray Above The Basin

I have a few question on the cutlery tray or space which normally above the basin.

1. how to remove the rust

2. where to buy spare removable stainless steel tray

3. how often do you wash it

Thanks....

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

I'm not sure if this cutlery tray that u r referring to is an equivalent to a stainless steel grille that is placed above the basin for storing wet cutlery after washing ur dishes.

If it is, u could buy it from IKEA. The product is known as LÄMPLIG trivet and is shown in the link below.

http://www.ikea.com.sg/en/catalog/detail.a...d%2Caccessories

It doubled up as such a function for one of our sinks even though it is not made for such a purpose. Fits perfectly above our basin, for more than 6 months already and doesn't come crashing down into the basin. $9.90 each.

I'm not sure about its durability given its low cost & that it's made in China.

Edited by edenstrauss

I'm not sure if this cutlery tray that u r referring to is an equivalent to a stainless steel grille that is placed above the basin for storing wet cutlery after washing ur dishes.

If it is, u could buy it from IKEA. The product is known as LÄMPLIG trivet and is shown in the link below.

http://www.ikea.com.sg/en/catalog/detail.a...d%2Caccessories

It doubled up as such a function for one of our sinks even though it is not made for such a purpose. Fits perfectly above our basin, for more than 6 months already and doesn't come crashing down into the basin. $9.90 each.

I'm not sure about its durability given its low cost & that it's made in China.

I just bot this last weekend! it's designed to protect boiling pots and pans from scorching burn-marks on the worktop by having 4 rubber feet supporting the entire s/s structure. yes, it looks and feels sturdy...

Yes correct it's something like that...

I think IKEA's things should be pretty lasting.

A wall mirror made of pine wood but painted in dusty green followed me all the way through from my younger days (1990s) to my matrimonial home, and still looks great :) Really worth the price.

Yes correct it's something like that...

I think IKEA's things should be pretty lasting.

A wall mirror made of pine wood but painted in dusty green followed me all the way through from my younger days (1990s) to my matrimonial home, and still looks great :) Really worth the price.

have to see what is the material used as not all ikea stuffs are reliable, esp those compressed chipboard, eg, LACK shelves won't last long, but some using solid pine wood is good.

pardon me for my ignorance.

I didn't realise that's what u're referring to. But I've no idea on where u could purchase that from becox I thought that it should come together with your kitchen sink.

U might want to try out those retail shops that sells all these kitchen accessories. They used to have one at IMM many years ago but I don't think they have that shop there anymore.

I have a few question on the cutlery tray or space which normally above the basin.

1. how to remove the rust

2. where to buy spare removable stainless steel tray

3. how often do you wash it

Thanks....

Stainless steel, like railing; as seen in the bus interchange won't rust easily. You can wash as many times as you like.

For others like steel in galavanize finishing or chrome to stainless steel finishing, it rust faster in wet area

There are some hardware shops selling s/s hand gripe or towel hanger as cheap as $19.90 only. This material is very light,

maybe it's not 304s/s.

**stainless steel is also a chrome finishing product but the compound is different. To known more, check with the hardware stockist, they have the catalogue.

Hi not those grill version, but a tray to "store" the dripping water? above your kitchen sink. it a tray...removable 1.

U mean a drainer? Dish drainer? Got mine from Song Cho at AMK. Hoe Kee also has them. Those shops selling kitchen assessories will have them too. But if u are just looking at replacing the tray, guess u just have to source around. Difficult to find one that will fit exactly unless u know where u got yours from initially.