Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
jawskie

Renovation Mark-up: Hdb Vs Condo Vs Landed

Hi folks,

I'm often advised that the cost of renovating an HDB flat, condo apartment or landed property differ by quite a bit, even if built-in area and requirements are the same. Would anyone care to share your experience and to what extent this claim is true?

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

Wow. I feel so ripped off. Just got a quotation from a contractor who is charging me a **** lot more than my friends who used the same guy. The difference is theirs is HDB and mine is a condo. I hate this feeling.

Hi,

For your reference HDB, Condo or landed's quotes may vary due to more restrictions for private housing.

1) Unlike HDB where most ceiling height are around 2400mm - 2650mm. So for the carpentry and painting works will be higher.

2) Conceal Wiring and Plumbing

3) Engage Professional Engineers, Architect, plan fee from URA/BCA...... (if necessary)

Above are only some of the issue why the cost is high and how much the company or the contractor/designer want to earn.

Ask for more quote to compare $.

Regards

Wow. I feel so ripped off. Just got a quotation from a contractor who is charging me a **** lot more than my friends who used the same guy. The difference is theirs is HDB and mine is a condo. I hate this feeling.

same feeling...as i see the quotes...its like my toilet bowl is heavier than the ones at hdb....or sth like tt ...duno why..its ex ex ex.......sigh have u decided on yours? i'm still looking for mine though...

same feeling...as i see the quotes...its like my toilet bowl is heavier than the ones at hdb....or sth like tt ...duno why..its ex ex ex.......sigh have u decided on yours? i'm still looking for mine though...

I am currently looking for an ID for my condo and experienced the same as well. The costings I received are almost twice compared to similar or even less done for HDB. Feel so cheated. Somemore the ID is the same as my friend's.

Anymore got any reliable and honest ID to recommend?

my tiny pathetic 2 cts worth..pick one you are comfortable with and go ahead with it...coz for me...the pricing didnt vary...be it contractor or ID...and its about the same range...no one is willing to go any lower since its 'branded" though the reasons/excuses are ...condo shorter working hours...condo this condo that..thats why more ex....... ...unless u have better luck than me... then i wish you well.. hahah i give up after like getting 8 quotes...for the past 2.5 mths..tired liao..........'

[.quote name=mapise' date='Apr 17 2011, 01:38 PM' post='630192]

I am currently looking for an ID for my condo and experienced the same as well. The costings I received are almost twice compared to similar or even less done for HDB. Feel so cheated. Somemore the ID is the same as my friend's.

Anymore got any reliable and honest ID to recommend?

Edited by sng28

Hi all, for what i know is that condo vs hdb quote is that condo timing is much been restricted & therefore their manhour increase.

ceiling height will coz painting, electrical, to be higher as well. plumbing works also need to be conseal. therefore condo work will be much higher.