Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
fernvalevista2

Our First Home

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

Hiya,

Nice going so far.

Interesting that your unit is only a bit bigger than our old 3 room although ours was a 3A. I didn't realise how much smaller they were building now. Mind you yours is cheaper than our 3 room sold for and has a much better view on the 22nd floor. That must be wonderful.

I am curious about your concealed cables. I see that they were there when you got the keys but as an HDB apartment I thought they were not meant to be concealed ?. I know some people do it which is fine as they are the ones who have to answer to HDB if they come knocking and it looks so much better but for a new build with concealed wiring already laid ????.

One point I saw with the SCV cable and the kitchen (?) light cable is that the people doing it have taken the most direct route to where you want it and that is not always the best thing. It is cheapers (less cable) for the installer and less work but usually cables go around walls and skirting in straight lines. Lighting goes around and comes down / goes across for light points / switches and power runs around the skirting and comes up for plugs. The reason for this is that when the wall is painted you should not be able to see where the cable has run but you will have an idea so if you wish to hang a painting on a nail or fit some display cabinets, you have a pretty good idea where the buried cables are. With the cables just going anywhere across the walls you may drill a hold for a cabinet hanging bracket and at worst, go through a power cable. I would suggest you keep a note of where the cables are for future reference.

The apartment looks like a lovely cosy place for you and your hubby. Great views in a lovely green place with the MRT on your doorstep. Must be wonderful. I went to Pasir Ris to get something with my Brother in Law and commented on how lovely and green it was. He replied that Tampines, where we both live, used to be like that before....

The price of progress :D

RB

Hi Fernvalevista2, finally get to upload your pics, can't see the pics past few days when I visit your t-blog .. ..

Nice black n red theme kitchen n dining ! Refreshing :)

kobelala

tx for popping by

oh... i posted on 18th

then i think they have some server upgrade and never able to restore back the backup

so all gone lor

haha its ok.. i reposted

but realise forget to post MBR

hehee

kobelala

tx for popping by

oh... i posted on 18th

then i think they have some server upgrade and never able to restore back the backup

so all gone lor

haha its ok.. i reposted

but realise forget to post MBR

hehee

Hi Fernvalevista2, ya, 18th posts are all gone, but I was also not able to see the pics u uploaded when I visit your t-blog... maybe it'd my PC problem, it's ok now that I get to see your nice place :)

Also, I noticed your kitchen tap, can I check where you got the tap, it is those expandable ones correct ? TIA :)

dunno why i got problem replying with quote

i think you need to login in order to view the pics

yes... expandable tap

6860a565.jpg

i bot at a shop at jalan besar called K-LEEN

but later i saw a shop in amk ave 10 selling cheaper

exactly the same

if u tell the auntie my name, she can sell u cheaper :)

she is my fren's aunt...

fren only intro her to me after i bot all accessories

Edited by fernvalevista2

dunno why i got problem replying with quote

i think you need to login in order to view the pics

yes... expandable tap

i bot at a shop at jalan besar called K-LEEN

but later i saw a shop in amk ave 10 selling cheaper

exactly the same

if u tell the auntie my name, she can sell u cheaper :)

she is my fren's aunt...

Oh good that I can get a good price ! Although I've bought some taps , I need a few more taps and this is excatly what I needed, I'll go to Jln Besar area to have a look first as I've completed going to IMM n Balestier area... :)

Very sweet of u for taking the effort to post the pic , I'll PM u if I need to "use" your aunt's name :yamseng:

kobela...

that shop selling cheaper is in amk ave 10

shop name is U-Home Hardware

Look for Florence, tell her you are sharon's friend

tat will do

Hi Sis fv2, thanks thanks :) also buying 1 for my mum's kitchen... thanks alot :yamseng: