Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
kitticutix

Any Good Id / Contractor To Recommend?

We will be getting our 1st HDB flat in another 2 months time. Any one who has done their home and find their ID really did a great job, can recommend me?

Many thanks in advance. :)

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation
We will be getting our 1st HDB flat in another 2 months time. Any one who has done their home and find their ID really did a great job, can recommend me?

Many thanks in advance. :)

Before i done my house, i spent 3 days to browse on yellow pages, there are more than thousand id in the market. So i ask myself am i looking for design wise or budget retricted? I found that there's different hieraghy of design firms in the market, some are real professional designers who provide proper design consultancy. And there are some contractors who also call themselves as ID, these ppl normally offer package but design is weak.

Tell you my experience while i was hunting mine, the guy who serves us used to sell us toilet bowl in balestier !!! Presentation is weak, he spoke like a saleman in the market and kept pushing us agressively to sign the contract. So, ask yourself before you do your research.

Hi,

I will be getting my keys soon and is looking around for ID or contractors.

If you have any recommendation, please email me at: feliciagxm@yahoo.com.sg

Thank you!

Hi,

Thank you!

why not read up some of the t-blogs here to get a feel. sometimes a good contractor/ID to one may not be the same for another. Also got to meet up with several to feel the "click" factor. Actually those home decor shows at the expo are a good start too to find out more about IDs, learn what to ask, what to look out for etc. Bring along yr floor plan - they can also advice on general space planning so give you an idea of what you can expect. Or, if you already have some ideas, you can talk to them and see how feasible the plans are. Of course, do this with an open mind, and do not sign until you are sure. Some firms are known to use sales tactic like free gifts etc. Some may entice you with the "no obligation 3D drawing" package - but that's up to you if you think you need that.

Good luck!

Hi,

Thank you!

So far, my ID is very good in follow up. If a person shows interests from the beginning, take his heart at work, diligent, skillful, and most important, friendly and patient, then this person should make a good ID/contractor for your reno work.

You can visit my T-blog on how I ended up selecting my current ID.

why not read up some of the t-blogs here to get a feel. sometimes a good contractor/ID to one may not be the same for another. Also got to meet up with several to feel the "click" factor. Actually those home decor shows at the expo are a good start too to find out more about IDs, learn what to ask, what to look out for etc. Bring along yr floor plan - they can also advice on general space planning so give you an idea of what you can expect. Or, if you already have some ideas, you can talk to them and see how feasible the plans are. Of course, do this with an open mind, and do not sign until you are sure. Some firms are known to use sales tactic like free gifts etc. Some may entice you with the "no obligation 3D drawing" package - but that's up to you if you think you need that.

Good luck!

You are right -- the "click' factor is important. Someone may recommend you his/her ID, but that does not mean you will have the same level of service and expectations.

I was initially going to award to a contractor based on price, but in the end, I can "click' with this ID and eventually part more $$$ to award my reno to this ID. Now, hope that he lives up to my expectations for my major revamp works!

anyone have experience with XERXES? just went expo and quite like their design and found their pricing reasonable!

Hi all,

I have a full stomach of complain, if any of you have heard United Hub Management Pte Ltd/Max's Studio please please do not engage them. They are full of con man... oh plus somemore irresponsible ID plus contractor.

My case is simple, the firm are recommended by someone, they recommended that they are high end designers who deal with high end clients. But once we engaged them, our nightmare began.

We are only doing with minor reno and they agreed plus chop stamp and say need only two weeks, and you know what.... i ended up in one month plus, till now still got minor touch up to do and yet I cant hear them anymore. They have put us out and shut us out already.

High end profile with irresponsible behaviour, they make us puke and wanted to curse them. Oh one more thing, if you happen to engage them please remember to write down black and white in paper, or record tape if possible for prove, they told us no hidden cost, and the amount we get and we paid is 7k more.

That is our simple heart and ear to believe in the ID words, he promised to completed with tight schedule and lower cost and end up having to delay in reno(stay in while renovating as well) and high price.

You can don't believe me as this is my experience with them. I am here to vent my anger with this bunch of unprofessional designer and contractor here.

Once again, thanks for reading and as well listening.