Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
coachjoe

Kitchen/dinning Wall Removed

Thinking of hacking the wall between the kitchen and dinning area, hence rebuilt a bar height wall in between...

using it as a dinning table saving time to shop for dinning table set....

what ya all think?

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation
Thinking of hacking the wall between the kitchen and dinning area, hence rebuilt a bar height wall in between...

what ya all think?

If u dun hav kids ard, then it's a good idea. with kids, difficult to use bar height dining table...I'm hacking the wall between kitchen & living too but will do a glass panel to divide the dining area and kitchen.

R u actually thinking of having a open- concept kinda kitchen/dining area hence the hacking of the wall?

I'd suggest a island counter instead which acts as breakfast counter, dining table & additional worktop when comes to having house-warming..

Bar height top is kinda high, just like wat lolliepop's concern. Island counter height is sufficient..

hi, i did the same as what you all have suggested. i hack away the 'irritating wall between the dining area & kitchen.

it does make the whole place look bigger. Will be installing a bar table cos my boyfriend always like the idea of bar table ... hehehe..

if you guys dun mind, woud like to share with you some pictures.

5211328313_bb3c4f8b49.jpg

another view of kitchen standing from yard area by simplicitysuzy1982, on Flickr

5211902136_3a06b706da_m.jpg

wall is down! by simplicitysuzy1982, on Flickr

Knocking down of walls is very easily done but to reinstate later on will be pretty tough & very much a hassle.

But if u feel comfortable with it, by all means hack it down for a bigger space.

what ya all think?

Well what i figure out from this is that you want to save your time. The idea to hack the wall and rebuilt the wall will be mind-bending work for you. You can alter the wall and make it an island counter, it will look very gorgeous. You can have many more ideas from the following online guide (Guide to Home Renovation & Remodeling; Interior & exterior Improvements www.hometoolsdepot.com)

I hope this will serve your purpose

Thanks

hi, i did the same as what you all have suggested. i hack away the 'irritating wall between the dining area & kitchen.

it does make the whole place look bigger. Will be installing a bar table cos my boyfriend always like the idea of bar table ... hehehe..

if you guys dun mind, woud like to share with you some pictures.

5211328313_bb3c4f8b49.jpg

another view of kitchen standing from yard area by simplicitysuzy1982, on Flickr

5211902136_3a06b706da_m.jpg

wall is down! by simplicitysuzy1982, on Flickr

good decision

the kitchen wall used to surround the island u see.. since the owners cook lightly, the island served their needs a lot better than a conventional kitchen.

something to think about..? :P

m.

Island Counter