Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
Querty

Removing Stubborn Stains On Homogeneous Floor Tiles

Hello

There are quite a lot of stubborn stains on my homogeneous floor tiles. Even after many times of chemical washing, my ID said that they cannot be removed. My ID also used other cleaning agents to wash away. Cif, solvents, acid etc.. All of them also cannot wash away the stain. Wonder what my ID is true or not. Coz since the tiler are professionals, y cannot they remove it? R they truly professional & skillful? btw, my homogeneous tiles are matt tiles with uneven surface on each tile. In the beginning, after these tiles were newly laid, i clearly remembered seeing the floor tiles free of all these stubborn stains. But now, my ID said that they are inherent in the design so meaning that i would have to accept it. I find this very hard to believe.

Can anyone pls advise me what to do here?? Insist that the tiler find out ways to remove the stains, at whatever their cost? Any really good tile cleaning agent to use on very very stubborn stains?

thank you v much.

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation
Hello

There are quite a lot of stubborn stains on my homogeneous floor tiles. Even after many times of chemical washing, my ID said that they cannot be removed. My ID also used other cleaning agents to wash away. Cif, solvents, acid etc.. All of them also cannot wash away the stain. Wonder what my ID is true or not. Coz since the tiler are professionals, y cannot they remove it? R they truly professional & skillful? btw, my homogeneous tiles are matt tiles with uneven surface on each tile. In the beginning, after these tiles were newly laid, i clearly remembered seeing the floor tiles free of all these stubborn stains. But now, my ID said that they are inherent in the design so meaning that i would have to accept it. I find this very hard to believe.

Can anyone pls advise me what to do here?? Insist that the tiler find out ways to remove the stains, at whatever their cost? Any really good tile cleaning agent to use on very very stubborn stains?

thank you v much.

hi querty, i have the same problem...mine is the glossy homo tiles...have you manage to remove the stubborn stains?

hi querty, i have the same problem...mine is the glossy homo tiles...have you manage to remove the stubborn stains?

I am oso facing such issues and I am very tiring and sick of hearing the ID sales designer giving lotsa excuses...

Have uneven homogeneous floor too...

nw requesting them to come to take a look again...

some tiles have hollow sound too!

realli dun like the attitude of the ID sales designers these days...everything oso wanna charge

I am oso facing such issues and I am very tiring and sick of hearing the ID sales designer giving lotsa excuses...

Have uneven homogeneous floor too...

nw requesting them to come to take a look again...

some tiles have hollow sound too!

realli dun like the attitude of the ID sales designers these days...everything oso wanna charge

Try using nail polish remover - but start-off from small or cover area to check for side effect before applying to larger surface. I have dirty stains & matt black paint dots on my semi-gloss tiles which I sucessful remove it. I find quite easy as compare to thinner - just pour the remover onto a cloth then press onto the surface for awhile, then wipe off and re-wipe with a clean damp cloth.

You should insist your contractor to remove the hollow tiles and apply a new piece. This is a poor workmanship and ignore all excuses such as damaging surrounding tiles, dusty, blah blah blah. You just need a vacuum cleaner to be around to suck the cutting dust when they cut the grout to hack and replace the tiles.